A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Tom:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. David Tom is Satisfactory.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Tom, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Low Vision
- Macular Degeneration
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Detachment
Education & Awards
Dr. Tom graduated from George Washington University. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Tom has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Hospital Of St Raphael
- Greenwich Hospital Association
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Tom accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 4 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 8 plans
- Anthem - 4 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. David Tom practice?
Dr. David Tom practices Ophthalmology near Hamden, CT.
Additional practice locations include: New London, CT and Westport, CT.
See Hamden Ophthalmologists.