Dr. David Tom MD Patient Reviews

3.3
  • 9 reviews

no change

February 23rd, 2016
I have been seeing Dr Tom for over 2 years for treatment of macular degeneration. He has been very courteous and caring and very capable physician. He took the time to explain my condition and my options and involved me in my treatment decisions every step of the way. I would highly recomment Dr Tom to my close family and freinds

July 11th, 2015
Rude staff. Do not recommend to anyone
The procedure was done promptly initially. The follow up appointment was a disaster. It has nothing to do with the Dr. All the staffs were rude and full of themselves. On my follow up appointment, after my eyes were dilated, I waited for over 2 hours. All the staffs from front desk to nurses have a don't care, we know better attitude. They are used to treating elderlies and they talked to them as if they are all stupid. The doctor looked at my eye for 2 minutes and he said it heeled nicely. No apology and no information was given while the emergency supposedly delayed everyone for one hour. Even with that the delay without the emergency was 1 1/2 hour. The doctor should be charged for my time spent there.

May 7th, 2015
Excellent experience. Made me very comfortable. Took the time I needed to explain and answer questions.

January 13th, 2015
DT. Tom and his staff were very knowledgeable, caring and compassionate.

August 21st, 2014
Splendid
Great staff and a knowledgeable, caring doctor. I felt very safe being treated by Dr. Tom. Although there may be complaints about wait time; patients should resize that is a result of retina care and how much time Dr. Tom to each patient.

April 12th, 2014
Rude
He rather talk about his vacations than discuss my eye problems.

June 18th, 2013
Stay away
The staff is nice enough, but I waited over an hour to meet an angry, terse man who explained nothing and hurt me when he examined my eye.

September 19th, 2012
Rude to his own staff and LATE
Spends more time yelling at his staff than examining patients. Did not explain what was wrong with my eyes (despite multiple visits).

April 4th, 2011
I was treated by Dr. Tom for a detached retina. My regular eye doctor called Dr. Tom's office at 10AM and I was being seen at 1PM the same day. I had in-office surgery to re-attach retina. Also had surgery 2 weeks later in YNHH on same eye. I found Dr. Tom to be very caring and didn't make me feel rushed. He answered all my questions and explained everything he was doing. I feel very comfortable with Dr. Tom and still see him every year to follow up on my eye. Since my original surgery, I have also had holes in the retina of my other eye and Dr. Tom corrected with laser surgery. I feel very comfortable recommending him to my friends and associates who have retina problems.