Dr. David Tom MD Patient Reviews

3.4

• Good
  • Bad

July 21st, 2017
Waiting time to see the doctor is always too long
I have been a patient of Dr. Toms for many years and although he is a fabulous physician, the wait time to see him is often ridiculous. The waiting room is always packed with patients. I truly believe that they over book patients. Don't get me wrong, Dr. Tom is wonderful and so is all of his staff, but I have problems with my legs and the waiting time may just have me seek out another physician.

March 4th, 2017
An Okay Doctor with horrendous staff
I went to the Old Greenwich office to see Dr. Tom. He was nice, and the majority of the staff was friendly, even though my wait was very lengthy. However, one of the medical technicians Grace was one of the rudest people I have ever met. She seemed to be hostile to fellow employees and I could hear her yelling at other patients as well. She was unsympathetic and dismissive when I asked questions prior to getting pictures taken. As a patient who was very scared, I am horrified that someone as RUDE as that is allowed to interact with patients.

February 24th, 2016
I have been seeing Dr Tom for over 2 years for treatment of macular degeneration. He has been very courteous and caring and very capable physician. He took the time to explain my condition and my options and involved me in my treatment decisions every step of the way. I would highly recomment Dr Tom to my close family and freinds

July 11th, 2015
Rude staff. Do not recommend to anyone
The procedure was done promptly initially. The follow up appointment was a disaster. It has nothing to do with the Dr. All the staffs were rude and full of themselves. On my follow up appointment, after my eyes were dilated, I waited for over 2 hours. All the staffs from front desk to nurses have a don't care, we know better attitude. They are used to treating elderlies and they talked to them as if they are all stupid. The doctor looked at my eye for 2 minutes and he said it heeled nicely. No apology and no information was given while the emergency supposedly delayed everyone for one hour. Even with that the delay without the emergency was 1 1/2 hour. The doctor should be charged for my time spent there.

May 7th, 2015
Excellent experience. Made me very comfortable. Took the time I needed to explain and answer questions.

January 13th, 2015
DT. Tom and his staff were very knowledgeable, caring and compassionate.

August 21st, 2014
Splendid
Great staff and a knowledgeable, caring doctor. I felt very safe being treated by Dr. Tom. Although there may be complaints about wait time; patients should resize that is a result of retina care and how much time Dr. Tom to each patient.

April 12th, 2014
Rude
He rather talk about his vacations than discuss my eye problems.

June 18th, 2013
Stay away
The staff is nice enough, but I waited over an hour to meet an angry, terse man who explained nothing and hurt me when he examined my eye.

September 19th, 2012
Rude to his own staff and LATE
Spends more time yelling at his staff than examining patients. Did not explain what was wrong with my eyes (despite multiple visits).

April 4th, 2011
I was treated by Dr. Tom for a detached retina. My regular eye doctor called Dr. Tom's office at 10AM and I was being seen at 1PM the same day. I had in-office surgery to re-attach retina. Also had surgery 2 weeks later in YNHH on same eye. I found Dr. Tom to be very caring and didn't make me feel rushed. He answered all my questions and explained everything he was doing. I feel very comfortable with Dr. Tom and still see him every year to follow up on my eye. Since my original surgery, I have also had holes in the retina of my other eye and Dr. Tom corrected with laser surgery. I feel very comfortable recommending him to my friends and associates who have retina problems.

July 24th, 2017