Geriatric Psychiatrist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Dr. Trader Rocks!  |  show details
by Lisa O on Mar 18th, 2014

Dr. David Trader is an excellent geriatric psychiatrist. He treated my father and made a difference in the quality of life during the last 3-1/2 years he was alive. Dr. Trader is kind and caring and the real deal. I only wish I'd found him earlier. He not only cared for my father, he helped me work through some tough medical decisions I had to make on my father's behalf. He adjusted my dad's medications until he found a cocktail that worked. He always returned phone calls promptly and would patiently answer my questions. Thank you, for helping my dad, Dr. Trader! You are a dear and special man.

|  Finally! A psychiatrist who diagnosed and treated my depression accurately.  |  show details
Sep 17th, 2013

Dr. Trader is very smart, compassionate and patient. I highly recommend him.

|  Dropped the ball  |  show details
by Husband of patient on Feb 14th, 2013

My wife was admitted to a psychiatrist ward in Florida. Had a difficult time in getting Dr Trader to return several calls. He finally did and never followed up about her condition. He appears to be more concerned with billings than patient condition. I would never recommend him.

|  Dr. Trader is an excellent, understanding, caring physician.  |  show details
Sep 12th, 2012

Dr. Trader has always been available in a professional caring manner. I recommend him highly.

|  Helping a relative  |  show details
Jul 9th, 2012

Dr. Trader is a very good Forensic Psychiatrist in my opinion. I've observed his expertise in court, as well as with a relative in need. I found his office approach to be very warm and appealing, putting everyone at ease immediately on the first visit.His managing of medications for geriatrics was exceptional and very successful.I would certainly recommend his services to anyone in need, as his ethics, experience, and character are above reproach and very professional

|  Doctor's treatment expertise  |  show details
Jul 8th, 2012

The doctor has seen my wife this year for three visits treating her Parkinson's related anxiety and sleeping problems. His treatment plan has reduced her anxiety and increased her sleep from four to seven hours. Needless to say we are all pleased.

|  Excellent manner and insight  |  show details
Jul 6th, 2012

Dr. Trader was able to quickly diagnose and prescribe the correct medication for my mother when she had immediate needs.Not only was his diagnosis accurate, it was counter to what the family thought was occurring. What we believed to be hallucinations, was explained as a manifestation resulting from late onset blindness called Charles Bonnet Syndrome and harmless to her, but reassuring to us as well.I have had other opportunities to be aware of Dr. Trader's expertise with multiple individuals and would very highly reccommend him for diagnosis and managing medications.

Jul 3rd, 2012

Dr trader is a kind, caring and highly professional doctor I have been his patient for a long time and have been totally satisfied with my treatment. I have recommended him to several friends and they were totally satisfied with his care.

Jul 2nd, 2012

Dr. Trader is a very caring and compassionate physician. He is an excellent clinician and very sensitive to patient's needs. He is conservative in his approach to the use of drugs and considerate of their effects and side effects on the elderly. He has been helpful and supportive to our family both in the office and at times of crisis.

|  Dr. Trader helps our entire family  |  show details
Jul 2nd, 2012

Dr. Trader has been the primary reason our mother has been able to thrive so well for many, many years. He has guided her though dealing with so many large and day-to-day issues. And has helped our family work together. We are so grateful to have him as part of our team!

Jul 2nd, 2012

Dr. Trader has always been very good with my elderly mother. He is always willing to take as long as she needs

|  AMAZING HEALER  |  show details
Jun 30th, 2012

Before Dr. Trader, we spent 30 heartbreaking years unsuccessfully trying to treat our(at least 7 other psychiatrists tried)our chronically ill family member. Dr. Trader has solved her debilitating issues with his kindness, patience, correct medication and above all, his expertise. We are forever grateful. He truly cares about his patients and their families.

Outstanding!

|  Excellent, Intelligent and Caring  |  show details
Jun 28th, 2012

I was greatly relieved to finally find Dr. Trader. I had taken my mother to two other psychiatrists and a neurologist, and my experiences were disappointing. Dr. Trader is caring, and careful in his approach to his patients and their families. He has always respected my mother and shown sensitivity and insight. I have recommended him several times and will continue to do so.

|  An exceptional doctor  |  show details
Jun 28th, 2012

Dr. Trader is an excellent doctor to my mother. He is always kind and courteous, and works with my mother and I to adjust her medications as needed. I dont think I can properly express just how important his input has been in my mother's care, except to say he may very well have saved her life and sanity. I would and will recommend him to anyone who is in need of a geriatric psychiatrist.

|  A Wonderful Practitioner  |  show details
Jun 27th, 2012

I have two patients in his care: my mother, in end-stage dementia, and my father, with mild cognitive disorder; both in their 90's.As the only child, I can say with confidence that the only way I could carry (and understand) such a complex social/physical/psychological challenge is with the fine guidance and comfort of Dr. Trader. His manner is always calm and collected, no matter what the circumstances or urgencies. His responses are timely, and invariably accurate as to whether soma or psyche. His availability has been stupendous, particularly when issues have surfaced late in the day -- or worse -- at night. Phone calls are almost invariably returned the very same day, and medication changes transmitted equally quickly.All in all, though I am not the patient, Dr. Trader's excellence has healed me as well. I am most grateful, and happy to recommend him to anyone.

Jun 27th, 2012

I have recommended Dr. David Trader to others, and I also know people that either go to him currently or have gone in the past. He is exceptional in what his field of medicine.

Jun 27th, 2012

Dr. David Trader is a consummate professional. I have unfortunately met with many geriatric Psychiatrist in regards to my mother's care. He was the first doctor to rapidly diagnose her, put her on a course of treatment while checking with her progress many times a week. In today's world, you rarely find such a caring, loving and noble man. I would recommend Dr. Trader to anyone.

|  Dr. Trader is State of the Art  |  show details
Jun 26th, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Trader for many years -- accompanying my Mom who has dementia. He has been key in helping us learn how to cope with significant changes in my Mom's life and thus our family life. I value his expertise, his insights, and he as always been accessible when things have gotten tough. I have referred others with confidence and they too are so appreciative to have access to a superb doctor to help navigate what seem like impossible challenges!

|  Teacher/Daughter  |  show details
Jun 26th, 2012

Dr. Trader treated my Dad until he recently passed away and he is currently treating my Mom. He is very compassionate, kind, and extremely knowledgeable! I would recommend him to anyone. He is very good at returning phone calls, even if it is late into the night.

Jun 16th, 2012

Dr. Trader is a very caring individual. In our opinion, he is knowledgable. He gives us plenty of time to discuss difficult situations and does his best to help. He is always available on the telephone, sometimes long conversations.

|  EXCEPTIONAL CARING DOCTOR  |  show details
May 29th, 2012

I brought my mother to see Dr. Trader for an evaluation of dementia. His secretary was very patient in working with my schedule. Although it took two weeks to get an initial appointment, it was worth the wait. Dr. Trader spent an hour and a half during the first meeting. Unfortunately, he confirmed a diagnosis of dementia. On the positive side, he discontinued some of my mother's medications so that she is now less confused.Not only was Dr. Trader extremely knowledgeable and thorough, but very caring as he recognized and helped diminish some of my stress as a caregiver. I highly recommend him.

Nov 4th, 2011

Dr. Trader spent more than an hour with me, listened intently and solved my problem with my medications. I felt extremely comfortable talking with him and I highly recommend him.

Oct 13th, 2011

Excellent doctor

|  Best geriatric psychiatrist in town  |  show details
Sep 25th, 2008

Dr. Trader is the best geriatric psychiatrist in town