Dr. David Tridgell Is this you?

2.2

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. David Tridgell?

Run! Seriously the worst Dr. I have ever met.

Posted on November 8th, 2015

I went to Dr. Tridgell for thyroid treatment and he refused to treat me. I had begun treatment with another Dr. and was already on medication and feeling much better and he told me to stop taking it. He refused to discuss my thyroid issues with me and instead told me I was fat and should get bariatric surgery. I was shocked. I am a little over weight but I am in good enough shape to run 5k's regularly so I am hardly someone that I would think would need bariatric surgery. I don't know how the conversation went from me wanting to get my TSH levels under control to being told I need fat people surgery. The whole thing that led me to being diagnosed with thyroid problems was an inability to conceive. My OBGYN and regular Dr. were both in agreement that the biggest contributor to to my lack of fertility was most likely my thyroid as everything else has checked out normal. Then Dr. Tridgell comes in and refuses to treat me for it. I finally broke down in tears after being called a fatty and told that he wouldn't help me so he reluctantly changed his tune and said he would. I felt encouraged. I went in a month later to get my blood test and my thyroid levels are finally down to 2.18 with 50mcg of Synthroid and I was feeling good that the meds were starting to work and I was so close to the 1.5 that my obgyn wanted me at. Then I get an email from Dr. Tridgell that he wants me to stop the meds because my levels are in range now. Are you kidding me? You know why they are in range? Because I take my Synthroid. This guy didn't know his stuff and he was very rude. My OBGYN and regular family Dr. have since taken over my thyroid treatment for now and I have reported him to my insurance. Dr. Tridgell could care less about you and doesn't listen to anything you say and if you do challenge him he becomes aggressive and lashes out (as seen when he started telling me that I needed fat surgery). Unless you have no other choice I would run from this Dr. He will lie to you to make you stop challenging him and then send you an email refusing to treat you. Just horrible.

Time to find a new endocrinologist?

Posted on July 22nd, 2013

I am a type one diabetic and meet regularly with Dr. David Tridgell and am seriously considering finding a new endocrinologist. Dr. David Tridgell is a very knowledgeable doctor but his people skills are terrible. He's got a very condescending demeanor about him which makes it very difficult to interact with him. Being a successfully doctor is being able to effectively communicate with your patients and if you can't do that you really have nothing.

Knowledgeable, but not a listener

Posted on July 18th, 2013

I have visited Dr. Tridgell several times now. My first visit I was impressed. He searched through my insulin pump settings, walked through how my other medications, and offered useful insights. He gave me a lot of information, and I could tell he was very up to date on education and research. If you are looking for a newer, well researched doc, consider Tridgell. However, if you are searching for a doctor that has a decent 'bedside manner' and listens to patients, I suggest looking elsewhere. After several visits, I have repeatedly had my concerns brushed aside. If pressed, he would quote a statistic or study, then not discuss it any further. I feel a wise endo specializing in diabetes, particularly type 1, should know to ask the patients questions. No body know their body better than the patient. Especially a diabetic, who's life revolves around how their body feels.

Posted on July 10th, 2017