Dr. David Turk MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

October 27th, 2016
I came to Dr. Turk with a very complicated bladder cancer. My family encouraged me to go downtown to see someone else for a second opinion, which was not good. I then returned to Dr. Turk. He operated on me and saved my life. His skills are beyond compare with most urologists. I found out that Dr. Turk's reputation in our community is that he is one of the best urologists in Cleveland. My surgery went very well. I had almost no pain. I am now cured. Thanks to Dr. Turk.

December 22nd, 2015
Did not seem to care at all about me during my 2 appointments with him. He never examined me, told me I had a bad infection and told me to take the prescribed antibiotic immediately. He just typed on his computer AND mis-diagnosed me! After several tests that he ordered and taken came back negative (even though I told him I still had pain in my back and blood in urine), he "cleared me". Went for a second opinion to a urologist at Metro and also found the blood urine and a 4mm kidney stone.}

January 28th, 2015
Great experience
Had Dr. Turk do my vasectomy, very easy to deal with. Dr explained everything thoroughly, and his staff was excellent!

May 1st, 2014
Who's minding the store?
Significant concerns regarding comprehensive care of patient and ability to ascertain integrative needs. Follow up and proactive care highly lacking.

September 16th, 2013
patient
Do not care about his cancer patients !!!

November 22nd, 2011
Seems cold and unfeeling at times.

June 15th, 2011
Mary
The reason I had to wait at the office so long was Dr. Turk was in surgery with another patient and the surgery took longer than expected. I know this happens because I had a back surgery that was to take 2 hrs and due to bleeding it took 5. I cant dicount a doctor when he is late because he is taking care of a patient. Dr. recently did removed half my kidney due to cancer. I was in the hospital only 2 nights and have been home 3dys and have already been out to lunch and to dinner with friends. Also, because of the robotic surgery I was able to shower immediatley. Boy if you ever had surgery you would know what a blessing it is to be able to shower right away!! I have a followup visit next week and will see where we are but for now I can say Dr. Turk is excellent!

March 21st, 2011
He is an Excellent Urologist
Dr. Turk is an excellent Uroogist. He gives you all the facts. He is truthfull about your condition and explains the treatment you will receive. He answers all your questions. There was a time I waited rather long in the examing room. When he came in he apologized for the wait and explained that he had been with a patient that had received a bad diagnosis and had a lot of questions as to his condition and treatment.

March 16th, 2011
Dr. Turk is an excellent doctor. I was referred to Dr. Turk after learning that I had a mass on my kidney. He thoroughly explained everything about my problem. He sat down with me for 45 minutes and went over all the details of the procedure. He has a national reputation for robotic surgery and is one of the best surgeons in Cleveland. My surgery went very well and I was out of the hospital the next day. As a matter of fact, I went to see a play downtown 3 days after my kidney cancer surgery. Dr. Turk saved my life and I will be forever grateful to him. I was truly blessed to meet such a personable, honest, and talented doctor. I highly recommend him.

April 25th, 2008
I had my doubts about Dr. Turk for a long time. I have been seeing him to treat BPH. Recently I went in for a cystoscopy to judge my suitability for surgery. He warned me that I would feel pressure and discomfort. When I nearly jumped off the table and shouted, it didn't seem to phase him. He did not question me or try to explain why I might have felt such pain. When he was done, he did not explain that I may have some increased difficulty urinating, or burning pain for up to 24 hours, nor did he prescribe an antibiotic. As I have discovered since, all of these things should be standard procedure. He also neglected to tell me to contact him if the pain continued after 24 hours. I have absolutely no confidence in the skills or competence of Dr. David Turk.