Dr. David Vallance MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.7

November 21st, 2016
A great physician. Dr. Vallance spends time with each patient, making sure to answer all questions before you leave. He always prints out a summary of the visit and any recommendations.

August 29th, 2016
Ms.
Very knowledgeable, current, thoughtful, thorough, patient. Willing to examine all relevant issues to make diagnosis. Takes time to listen and runs over the allotted time, if necessary. Broad understanding of pharmaceutical and nutritional treatments. While he gives an opinion, Dr. Vallance is nonjudgemental of dietary/nutritional approaches a patient might be interested in. 5 star.

July 23rd, 2016
An Excellent Doctor
Dr. David Vallance is the most incredible doctor that I have ever had. I was 17 when I fell gravely ill. I had symptoms all across the board, and none of the doctors and Mayo or Cleveland Clinic had any clue what was wrong with me. I saw over 10 different doctors in the Ann Arbor area alone, and none of them could find an answer. During my first appointment with Dr. Vallance, he examined me, talked with me about my symptoms for at least an hour, and then took out a pad and pen and wrote down a couple of diseases he thought it could be. Lupus was the first one. I had absolutely no evidence that I was sick in my bloodwork, urine, or MRI. Many of the doctors I saw before him had considered lupus, but then brushed it aside when the tests came back negative. I've been seeing Dr. Vallance for two years now and just as he predicted in our first session together, I finally tested positive for lupus. He is the only doctor I trust. He is compassionate, considerate, and extremely persistent in his search for a diagnosis. However, it's his ability to have such an open mind that truly makes him a great doctor.

February 29th, 2016
Best rheumatologist.
This man is amazing. I have been to 5or 6 rheumatologist and none of them compare to Dr Vallance. EXTREMELY KNOWLEDGEABLE and is so open to any treatment that YOU prefer. So understanding and nice. I wish i found him sooner.

October 1st, 2013
Life Saver
I was virtually a cripple while seeing another local Rheumatologist...Dr. Vallance gave me my life back! His expertise has put me back in control of my life. I am active and happy. Sometimes he is late for my appointment, but I always remember the 2.5 hours he spent with me on my first visit when I didn't want to live anymore as I couldn't feed or dress myself. When you need the time, he spends it with you and you have his complete attention. Most of his patients understand that as they remember their times of need. He is the most compassionate physician I have ever met.

April 26th, 2013
I chose Dr. Vallance after reviewing lists upon lists of rheumatologists in my area and decided on him because of his patient rating. So I thank everyone for their feedback because you're not wrong! He is by far one of the most caring doctors I have ever met, and is very good at what he does. I feel like he is an entire team of doctors having knowledge in other areas of medicine that can relate to the internal struggles of our body chemistry. With all of that being said, thank you Dr. Vallance for being the type of doctor you are, unfortunately, there aren't many like you around.

November 30th, 2012
Worth the wait
Dr Vallance is thorough and caring. I have been to several rheumatologists and he was the only one that listened. He didn't dismiss any of my symptoms and has a whole person appreciation when diagnosing. He is proactive and has tracked the progression of my RA for 12 years. I credit him for helping me live a full life with this chronic condition.

January 30th, 2012
Dr. Valance is a great doctor. He has helped me tremendously in dealing with my issues. I would recommend him to everyone I know. He always takes the time I need to answer questions and offer ways I can help myself. He never pushes medication..he offers things that can can help. He is very thorough and does process of elimination until the right medicine is found. Love him!

November 15th, 2010
Incredible Doctor and Healer
Not only is Dr. David Vallance a superior Rheumatologist he is very knowledgeable about natural healing remedies, vitamins and supplements. He is an exceptional physician and a compassionate person.I highly recommend him for anyone who suffers with pain of arthritis, fibromyalgia and any inflammatory condition.

September 7th, 2010
Hands out meds
Hands out meds like that are going out of style. People are getting heavily addicted to the pain pills and he gives out 3-4 pills a day to his patients, with out having anything to back up the patients story and levels of pain. He prescribes too many drugs to one person. I know someone who see's him and is on at least 15-20 meds and he prescribes them all.

September 1st, 2010
Dr. v--is the best of the best. He not only is a very competent doctor; but he is also caring, very easy to talk to, he listens. You do not feel rushed or that you are just a number. He is well beyond a 5 star doctor.

September 24th, 2009
Dr. Vallance is worth the drive
I have traveled to Ann Arbor to see my rheumatologist for over 6 years now. I made this decision based on dissatisfaction with the treatment, or lack of, that i was getting in my hometown of Jackson. He is empathetic, compassionate, caring and is always willing to take time to listen to your ideas and input in your treatment plan. He is not afraid, as many Drs. here are, to try the newest & best drugs and treatments. By making this drive 35 minutes monthly, I feel I am being treated by someone at least 10 years futuristic than those here in Jackson. I know you will not be disappointed if you go & see him. Get an opinion, and you'll be hooked by his personality, intelligence and ettiquette.