Internist, Rheumatologist

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Life Saver show details Life Saver
by Barbara K W on Oct 1st, 2013

I was virtually a cripple while seeing another local Rheumatologist...Dr. Vallance gave me my life back! His expertise has put me back in control of my life. I am active and happy. Sometimes he is late for my appointment, but I always remember the 2.5 hours he spent with me on my first visit when I didn't want to live anymore as I couldn't feed or dress myself. When you need the time, he spends it with you and you have his complete attention. Most of his patients understand that as they remember their times of need. He is the most compassionate physician I have ever met.

by Cindy Poll on Aug 6th, 2013

Very caring and stays until you are satisfied with your visit. Will keep trying to fix you up with the right medication to help with the diognosis.Treats you with respect at all times. He saved my life by helping me with severe fibromyalgia. Refer people to him all the time.

Nurse show details Nurse
Apr 29th, 2013

Dr valance has over medicated my father for years.. As a result, He is now addicted to opiates. Dr valance, why do you prescribe patients methadone and Vicodin at the same time?? Methadone blocks the effect of the other opiates. Why do you never suggest tapering someone off of these pain killers? You just keep giving the addict what they want month after month, and such high quantities at that. I would love to see this dr investigated for his shady practices... By the way, I had no other choice but to rate at 1 star, it wouldn't let me leave it blank.

by Emma I. on Apr 26th, 2013

I chose Dr. Vallance after reviewing lists upon lists of rheumatologists in my area and decided on him because of his patient rating. So I thank everyone for their feedback because you're not wrong! He is by far one of the most caring doctors I have ever met, and is very good at what he does. I feel like he is an entire team of doctors having knowledge in other areas of medicine that can relate to the internal struggles of our body chemistry. With all of that being said, thank you Dr. Vallance for being the type of doctor you are, unfortunately, there aren't many like you around.

Worth the wait show details Worth the wait
Nov 30th, 2012

Dr Vallance is thorough and caring. I have been to several rheumatologists and he was the only one that listened. He didn't dismiss any of my symptoms and has a whole person appreciation when diagnosing. He is proactive and has tracked the progression of my RA for 12 years. I credit him for helping me live a full life with this chronic condition.

Jan 30th, 2012

Dr. Valance is a great doctor. He has helped me tremendously in dealing with my issues. I would recommend him to everyone I know. He always takes the time I need to answer questions and offer ways I can help myself. He never pushes medication..he offers things that can can help. He is very thorough and does process of elimination until the right medicine is found. Love him!

Incredible Doctor and Healer show details Incredible Doctor and Healer
Nov 15th, 2010

Not only is Dr. David Vallance a superior Rheumatologist he is very knowledgeable about natural healing remedies, vitamins and supplements. He is an exceptional physician and a compassionate person.I highly recommend him for anyone who suffers with pain of arthritis, fibromyalgia and any inflammatory condition.

Hands out meds show details Hands out meds
Sep 7th, 2010

Hands out meds like that are going out of style. People are getting heavily addicted to the pain pills and he gives out 3-4 pills a day to his patients, with out having anything to back up the patients story and levels of pain. He prescribes too many drugs to one person. I know someone who see's him and is on at least 15-20 meds and he prescribes them all.

by Tereasa martin on Sep 1st, 2010

Dr. v--is the best of the best. He not only is a very competent doctor; but he is also caring, very easy to talk to, he listens. You do not feel rushed or that you are just a number. He is well beyond a 5 star doctor.

i love you show details i love you
by kirkland vallance 10grade on Oct 22nd, 2009

hi its kirk

Dr. Vallance is worth the drive show details Dr. Vallance is worth the drive
by Kathiekae on Sep 24th, 2009

I have traveled to Ann Arbor to see my rheumatologist for over 6 years now. I made this decision based on dissatisfaction with the treatment, or lack of, that i was getting in my hometown of Jackson. He is empathetic, compassionate, caring and is always willing to take time to listen to your ideas and input in your treatment plan. He is not afraid, as many Drs. here are, to try the newest & best drugs and treatments. By making this drive 35 minutes monthly, I feel I am being treated by someone at least 10 years futuristic than those here in Jackson. I know you will not be disappointed if you go & see him. Get an opinion, and you'll be hooked by his personality, intelligence and ettiquette.

May 26th, 2009

Dr. Vallence is the very best of Doctors.

Jan 17th, 2009

Dr. Vallance is a wonderful, brilliant, caring doctor. I am grateful to have him.

Aug 4th, 2008

Dr. Vallance is a God-send. He is a sweet, compassionate, intelligent doctor. He keeps up to date on the latest information, takes time to really listen to his patients' concerns, explains things fully without being condescending and really makes your treatment a team effort. He is just wonderful!