A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Van Thiel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. David Van Thiel is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Van Thiel
Hep C Patient Education Vitals patient education guide for information about Hep C and symptoms of this viral infection that affects the liver.Before Visiting Dr. Van Thiel Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Irritable Bowel Syndrome IBS
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Van Thiel, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 20 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Chronic Hepatitis B
- Chronic Hepatitis C
- Fatty Liver
- Hepatitis C
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Liver Cancer
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Liver Cirrhosis (Alcoholic)
- Liver Disease (Alcoholic)
- Liver Diseases
- Liver Failure
- Liver Transplantation
- Portal Hypertension
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Viral Human Hepatitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Van Thiel graduated from University of California at Los Angeles. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Van Thiel has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Loyola University Medical Center
- Rush Oak Park Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. David Van Thiel MD is a male Internist, has 45 years of experience and practices in Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. David Van Thiel practice?
- Dr. David Van Thiel has 1 office location.
Dr. David Van Thiel practices Gastroenterology near Berwyn, IL.
See Berwyn Gastroenterologists.