A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Van Thiel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. David Van Thiel is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Van Thiel
Irritable Bowel Syndrome Patient Education Vitals patient guide for information about Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) symptoms and causes of IBS.Before Visiting Dr. Van Thiel Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Van Thiel, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 20 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Chronic Hepatitis B
- Chronic Hepatitis C
- Fatty Liver
- Hepatitis C
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Liver Cancer
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Liver Cirrhosis (Alcoholic)
- Liver Disease (Alcoholic)
- Liver Diseases
- Liver Failure
- Liver Transplantation
- Portal Hypertension
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Viral Human Hepatitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Van Thiel graduated from University of California at Los Angeles. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Van Thiel has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Loyola University Medical Center
- Rush Oak Park Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. David Van Thiel MD is a male Internist, has 45 years of experience and practices in Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. David Van Thiel practice?
- Dr. David Van Thiel has 1 office location.
Dr. David Van Thiel practices Gastroenterology near Berwyn, IL.
See Berwyn Gastroenterologists.