A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Vittetoe:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. David Vittetoe is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Vittetoe, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Vittetoe graduated from University of Iowa, Iowa City.
Dr. Vittetoe has 16 hospital affiliations:
- Mercy Medical Center
- Iowa Methodist Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Vittetoe accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Humana - 9 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Iowa Medicaid - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. David Vittetoe practice?
Dr. David Vittetoe practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery, and Surgery near Des Moines, IA.
Additional practice locations include: West Des Moines, IA.
See Des Moines Orthopedic Surgeons and Des Moines Surgeons.