David W Carlson, MD

4402 Broadway Blvd
Ste 1
Garland, TX 75043
(972) 240-1789
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

• Currently 2.2758620689655 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore. Yahoo.
 |  Bad service  |  show details
by Tina Mathers on Apr 30th, 2013

I waited 3hrs with a baby for a 5min service.... And only to walk out of the doctors office with him wanting to prescribe me vicadin and thats after i told him i breastfed and all i got from him was a shrug at the shoulders. I am not happy with the cash pay price either... Way too expensive for what I could of accomplished at CareNow... I do not recommend this doctor to anyone...RUN!!! Much better service at CareNow and much cheaper!!! Oh and during my less than 5min exam he pushed on my stomach where it hurt and so I flinched and put my hand on his and he told me ""Don't touch me". Really?! Like I said really bad experience... I should have listened to all the bad reviews but I thought I would give him the benefit of the doubt. The reviews were definately on the spot!!!

Doctor's Response

Dr Carlson sees walk-ins and appointments. Tina did not have an appointment and had to be worked into the schedule. It was a really busy day. It is always a good idea to check with your insurance before you visit any healthcare provider. If you have not met your deductible, you will be required to pay your insurances contracted price. Tina would have had to pay the same price no matter where she went.

|  retired  |  show details
Nov 13th, 2012

I have been seeing Dr Carlson for 15 years. I have found him to be extremely knowledgable and have been very satisfied with him and his office. My husband has heart problems and the Dr he referred him to is great also he has a good connection with the best specialist Drs in the Dallas metroplex

|  Satisfied  |  show details
Sep 17th, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Carlson for years and can honestly say he and his staff are good as they come. Yes there have been times when the wait time has been extended but I knew that when I made the appointment. I read the review from 6-13-11 and can honestly say the office manager I can talk to did not come come across rude nor does that even sound like something she would do. That person or patient must have mixed her up with someone else. I have seen the stress levels on all employees but when you deal with sickness day in and day out, who wouldn't come across like that at times. I for one, and my entire family, see Dr. Carlson and highly recommend him.

Aug 6th, 2012

went to see paula as a walk in. only reason i see paula is usually it is a lot quicker. receptionist not friendly at all. ive been going here off and on for over 10 years. paula comes in and first thing she says is i see your blood pressure is still high. i ask why is that. she says because im overweight and not checking my blood pressure on a regular basis. i say well i know a lot of people heavier than me and their blood pressure meds work fine. i give her a couple of examples and it makes her mad. so now she orders all kinds of tests and i tell her i have no ins let me see dr carlson. she says fine and walks out. nurse comes in and tells me to go back to waiting room where i had already been for over 45 minutes plus 15 minutes in exam room. needless to say i left and went to another doctor who saw me in 30 minutes total and was 25.00 cheaper for office visit plus give me a 3 month supply of meds instead of 30 day no refill. wont be going back to dr carlson and wont recommend anyone to his office esp seeing paula

Doctor's Response

In May of 2013 we hired Toni Smith-WhiteEagle PA. She is very kind hearted with an extremely upbeat personality. She has 16 years of experience in Family Practice and really listens to our patients. I hope you give us another chance - I am trying hard to only hire intelligent and caring employees.

Aug 3rd, 2012

Dr. Carlson is caring and professional. The wait time for my appointment was a little lengthy but I knew it would be going into the appointment. I had a problem with one of the staff members and the office manager intervened and helped me out. Now, if I encounter a problem, I ask for her specifically, knowing she will take care of my needs.

Apr 27th, 2012

I have been seeing Dr Carlson for 15 years. I have found him to be extremely knowledgable and have been very satisfied with him and his office. He treats my entire family and my elderly mother. I find him especially thoughtful when prescribing meds/alternatives for my 87 year old mother. He has really stayed on top of her care.

Mar 6th, 2012

I have been here for years also and Dr. Carlson goes the extra to really get down to the root of the problem. He spends time and often just ask how life is going. Amanda his nurse has always been a big help whenever I needed something that didn't require the doctor. The staff is very stressed and we all have bad days but where can you go these days and be seen the same day? Most days they deal with sick grumpy people and they still come back to work every day to help you!

|  Went in to refill Meds and grew cobwebs  |  show details
Nov 19th, 2011

I've been a patient of Dr. Carlson's for several years, but things have really changed. He's the only Doctor in his office now and I can see why. His staff is rude and uncaring. I'm moving to another Doctor because of his lack of patient care.

|  What was  |  show details
Jun 14th, 2011

I have been a patiant of Dr. Calrson for over 20 years, only to be kicked to the curb by office manager there for not being able to work with me once I had lost my job, am a diabetic, and in need of medication which they are aware I despretly am in need of, I was told that since I couldnt afford to see him I could pay 15 dollars and have a 15 day supply called in, at which time I offered to pay for 1/2 the visit upfront and balance next month, having seeing doctor over 20 years and them knowing w/out medication what happins to diabetics did not expect a problem, they would not, and now they refuse to accept the 15 dollars in order to get my script filled, when I talked to office manager was treated like an idiot, with feeling the need to tell me they have to pay the office staff.......I'm not stupid, and did not appreciate being talked to as if I were, in addition to being out of my medication for some days now, knowing stress is a trigger for diabetics am appauld at the treatment I have been givin as of late, office manager more or less told me she didnt care bout my health, and yes it can and often is life threatning, it was more important that her staff got payed, was not like I was asking them to treat me for free, but if they are going to treat long time patiance like this...... am hurt and disapointed more than anything else, that is if I dont go into diabetic shock

|  anonymous  |  show details
Mar 23rd, 2011

The bedside manner of the PA's are very uncaring and rude. The method of record taking is unprofessional and unorganized. They really need training in medical documentaion. The doctor himself is very uncaring and has a cold attitude.

|  DON'T BELIEVE THE HIPE!  |  show details
Jul 2nd, 2010

TOO MUCH TURN AROUND...

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
by Richie on Dec 29th, 2009

Dr Carlson has been my family practioner for over 10 years. His entire staff is friendly and very efficient. Dr Carlson is a very good listener and very thorough with his examination and diagnosis. He is one of the very best doctors in Garland and Dallas.

by Seeya on Mar 11th, 2009 on yahoo.com

I went to Dr. Carlson for about 6 years. Good Dr. and PA Lisa was as well. No complains about them. My complaints were about the staff, many of whom look like they came arrived from Skid Row. I never saw the same person there after 6 months. I don't know where they get them, but it is not good for a doctors office. I asked the lady taking blood about it once, and her comment was that you get what you pay for and he (Dr. Carlson) doesn't pay much. Also, the wait times were extreemly long. On one occassion they forgot about me in the exam room at turned out the lights and locked the doors to go home. When I opened the door, all they said was sorry and debated about who was going to stay. My other complaint is that they try and bill you after 2 years of not being a patient! They say it takes the insurance company that long to pay them. Not true, I checked. Do yourself a favor, find another place...PrimaCare has better staff.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com