David Chen Is this you?

• Bad

Showing 3 Ratings with 1 Comment

September 30th, 2008

First Visit

I entered his "office" building, a large old unkempt home. The interior was sparce and dismal. It looked like a dirty unfurnished old home. Upon arrival, I filled out minimal information papers, waited 15 mins., met the doctor, and sat in the corner of this large room next to his very messy desk. The only sign of "medical" was an examining table at the far end of this nearly barren room. I gave him my medical records. He looked thru them and took a blank sheet of paper from his desktop, asked qestions and quickly wrote my responses. He spent a hugh amount of time writing when I could have completed forms in the waiting room. At the end, I had to fill in important info he didn't question. I had to request to have my bp taken (I have a history of hypertension). I asked for recommendations for secondary medicare insurance and for relief of siatic (ruptured disc) pain and received unsatisfactory responses. He suggested all sorts of tests and proceedures at other locations that I am used to having done in my primary's office, including blood work and pap test. This is difficult for me to do since I work 50 weekday hours and don't have time to go to different offices. Also, my income is limited and I must depend on medicare and don't get paid for hours missing from work. Dr. Chen wanted to schedule another appt. for me with him to do a physical. I thought that is what was going to happen at this visit!!!! Instead, he flipped thru my records and recorded Q's and A's. I am sure Dr. Chen is a nice man and probably very capable, but my first impression of him was not one of a medical professional. I may have to search for another office.

April 15th, 2015