Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner

3.0

My Favorite Dr show details My Favorite Dr
by R Bush on May 22nd, 2015

Very smart and attentive Dr.

by RC on Apr 4th, 2015

DO NOT GO SEE HIM. He's not professional nor does he actually care about his patients. He was rude the entire time. His staffs are very rude too. I asked them to fax my medical records to my new doctor because I did not like him, and they took FOREVER to do so. I had to call them 8 times over span of 8 weeks to finally get my medical record faxed. They charged for it too. Best to just avoid this quack.

seemingly oblivious to patient time restraints show details seemingly oblivious to patient time restraints
Oct 19th, 2012

explained what I was going there for to receptionist when i made appointment; apparently very poor communication with staff; poorly run office.hours of wait time the first time i went there and then had to return later in day.leaves me with bad taste in my mouth.

May 24th, 2012

Dr. Lee is nice and fairly qualified, but he has a poorly run office. Two times the office has lost tests or sent out the wrong tests or mislabeled items. He has a huge turnover of medical assistants and his most recent temporary assistant did not speak a word of English. You are taking your health in your hands by going to him. I will be finding another primary care physician.

Jul 23rd, 2011

Dr. Lee? Kind of hard to believe that he's a doctor, considering how insensitive he is towards his patients. Don't people go see doctors to feel better? I come out of here feeling like I aged 10 years and mentally abused. Getting a call-back for test-results is almost impossible. Not only does it take so long that your next check-up might be due by then, the staff are absolutely TERRIBLE. I called 5 times (no joke) over the course of 2 days after having WAITED for almost 10 days for my test results. The staff promised to call me back in an hour- and this is only after I called that many times to grill them about how ridiculously long of a wait it's been- 1 HOUR LATER- NO CALL. In fact, they closed the office. Unbelievable. I'm changing doctors. This place should close down. It only has business because there's a rather large Korean community here- so they get the benefit solely based on their ability to speak Korean. Learn to be polite, keep your promises, and stop making your patients' blood pressure rise. PATHETIC. Oh, btw- you can read about 2 days worth of newspapers and a Cosmo while waiting- even WITH an appointment.

Great doctor show details Great doctor
by Matt on Apr 5th, 2010

Despite the earlier reviews I have been going to Dr. Lee for several years now and although he may come off as direct he is a very effective doctor. I have yet to experience a long wait time or mismanagement.

Mar 3rd, 2010

He is an awful doctor. He was short, crass and uncaring to me. Additionally, he berated his staff in front of me. It was easy getting an appointment, but then I had to wait FOREVER for him to actually see me. I would not trust this man with my medical care.

Mixed Experience show details Mixed Experience
Sep 9th, 2009

My over all experience at Dr. Lee's office is mixed. On the one hand the nurse and some of the front desk staff are very friendly. Yet they are all over loaded with too much work, which despite their kind demeanor, leads to problems in communication. The doctor is friendly but is aloof. I don't feel as though he really listens to me when I talk and he often cuts me off when I am trying to tell him something. I also feel that when he asks me a question and I understand and are trying to give him the correct answer to the question he will tell me I am wrong because he has a different idea (usually regarding billing or prescriptions) which is incorrect. I don't feel as though he spends enough time with his patients or is able to look at the chart and understand the history of each patient accurately. So although he is friendly and is a competent doctor his bed side manner is lacking due to poor communication and lack of feelings towards the patient.The wait time at the office is also typically pretty long. You may wait up to an hour only to see the doctor for 5 minutes. I have also had bad results with the office and have had to have the same test performed several times because the sample they collected was continually sent to the lab in a way that destroyed the sample.Getting answers from the people at the front desk is also very difficult. They will refer you to the doctor for questions regarding billing and insurance although he typically does not have the right answers. You end up having to track the billing process yourself and calling your insurance company yourself, their billing company yourself, and then bringing in the papers from the insurance company to show to the office personnel the correct information that you were trying to tell the all along. Once again, the staff are friendly but are unorganized and overloaded making them ineffective at doing their actual work.I have also had experiences where the doctor meant to give me a prescription or meant to have me come back to the office for a follow up and no one in the office communicated this information to me. The doctor wrote it on the chart and then it just fell through the cracks to the abyss. I have also had times where I needed a prescription on a Friday and the office communicated to me that they would send it to the pharmacy yet they never did leaving me without my prescription for over 3 days (due them being closed over a holiday weekend.) So you really have to follow up with every little thing with them and hold their hand while you walk them through the process of doing their job for them otherwise the are completely unreliable.Again, please let me state that the doctor is friendly and competent. The staff is friendly and tries to be helpful. But the office seems to just be mismanaged (they probably need a professional office manager to help them.) As a result of these factors I feel that I did not get the minimum quality of care that one would expect. There simply were too many mistakes made in terms of non communicated information, tests having to be repeated again and again, and the failure of sending prescriptions to the pharmacy which led to me having to suffer extreme pain for 3 days.It is easy to make an appointment and they are in a good location although the office is small. But I would not recommend this doctor to a friend unless they were willing to follow every single detail of their care including reminding the doctor to write them prescriptions, completing the billing and insurance process themselves, and reminding the staff on the correct procedure to collect samples. Basically all of the functions the staff are supposed to complete.After dealing with this office for half a year I am finally giving up and changing doctors. I will miss the nurse there but besides her I wont be missing anything else.

David W. Lee Family Doctor show details David W. Lee Family Doctor
by Citysearch User on Oct 18th, 2008 on insiderpages.com

My family has been going to Dr. Lee for many years now. However, I try to go to him as little as possible. The wait times are usually pretty...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com