Dr. David Wages MD Patient Reviews

• Plastic Surgery Peabody, MA

• Good
  • Bad

February 18th, 2016
Very kind and caring doctor
I really appreciated his effort to make sure I was happy with my facelift. He really wants you to be happy with your outcome. His staff is great and he has a very comfortable personality and really listens to you. 5 stars to him.

January 2nd, 2016
Plastic Surgeon & Wound Care Specialist.
My elderly mother, 89 yoa, had surgery on her heal by an othopedic surgeon at Salem. Would not heal. Went to Dr zwages for Plastic Wound Care. A 10☆ result from a consummate Plastic Surgeon, who saw her twice weekly. His treatment an closure techniques were cutting edge. He saved her leg.

October 8th, 2014
Wonderful Doctor
I have never felt so comfortable with a doctor. He put me at ease from the moment that he walked into the room on my first appointment. His work is second to none. I can't express enough how happy I am with the results.

May 14th, 2014
Terrible, do not go to him he did a tummy tuck for me and did not lipo my waist and hip area so I have fat flap on my waist hip area. I am going to have to pay someone else to fix this.

November 27th, 2013
Long wait time and he was rushing me out the Door Very inconsiderate of my diagnosis .very vague on procedure details. His staff was very pleasant , but he had a very poor bedside manner. I would not reccommend

August 20th, 2013
Best Plastic Surgeon
Dr Wages saved my life. I am a breast cancer survivor. I was totally disfigured by an unnamed Dr in a Boston Hospital. Dr Wages repaired me from breasts to abdomen and gave me my life back. His mannerisms are so comforting and he performs his work with such grace and excellence. I have never met such a wonderful Dr. that sincerely cared for his patients, as much as Dr Wages. I will always think of him as my savior.

February 19th, 2013
Beware Dr. Wages' consent and authorization forms.
To receive the services of Dr. Wages, you are asked to sign three pages of consent and authorization forms. Hidden in these three pages is an authorization that you, the patient, will pay any and all amounts not covered by your insurance plan - in effect, a blank check. As a prospective patient, I agreed to this payment but only after knowing what the charges were for and the amount. An arrogant office manager said my condition was "unacceptable" and I walked out of Dr. Wages' office refusing to have him operate. Another plastic surgeon in the same area had one one short paragraph authorizing release of medical information which I readily signed and had this plastic surgeon perform the operation. .

January 12th, 2012
lACO 0F ETHICS WITH TREATMENT OF PATIENT
I saw Dr. Wages for rectal surgery and got frustrated when after weeks he could not see what I was trying to show him and in the end I was right. He punished me by having me undressed with just a paper sheet and then bringing in a female nurse to witness my exam, which required me to be in a very undignified position for rectal exam. I protested and begged him to have her leave, but he made me sit there half naked and discuss my embarrassing tale of fecal incontinence. Then he threatened to examine me in front of her, saying it was customary for her to be there. Never at any previous visits was there anyone there but myself and the doctor. I know he deliberately humiliated me to put me in my place. I am a nurse and have never seen a doctor act more childish, vindictive and disrespectful. He had no respect for my dignity and my wishes to not have the woman present during any of my follow up visit. He should be ashamed of himself for treating a patient with so much lack of simple respect. I am a human being not some inanimate object. He practically laughed at me once the nurse was gone.

July 7th, 2010
Great Doctor!Just had breast augmentation 6 days ago i was very worried about the results and the pain, both turned out great. I went to dinner the night of my surgery and felt okay. Dr.wages called to check on me along with his staff.Im very glad I choose him and very happy with my results.

March 16th, 2010
Scar reduction
I was refered to Dr Wages by another Dr. I had been left with a horrible scar on my forehead from a staph infection. No one wanted to help so I was refered to Dr Wages for a consultation. I have nothing but Great things to say about him and his staff. He was great and I have no more scaring on my face. He went above and beyond what I expected for my situation. I will definately be using Dr. Wages again if I have a need as well as recommend him to anyone that expresses an interest or need in anything.

January 2nd, 2010
be firm in what you want
had breast reduction done. minimal scaring and no infections. asked to be around a full C. told the dr. that if i was too small i could wear a padded bra. went from a FULL D to a D. Dr. wages said that he could not promise me an exact size. I understand that, but to go down not even a whole cup size!!! How professional is he if he can't figure out a breast size!!. I have an appointment with another dr. (who specializes in breasts) Dr. Wages is a hand surgeon first.Hopefully he can reduce them to a managable size and was recommened by 3 other HAPPY patients. Also hope he can get rid of the extra droopy fold of skin i have between my breasts

May 6th, 2017