Dr. David Walner MD Patient Reviews

• Pediatrics Skokie, IL

3.8

April 29th, 2015
Bad Experience
We really had bad experience with this doctor, he did not have time to explain, he was in the hurry. When I asked questions about procedure he wants to do to my son, he said: "one minute", then he left the room and went to see the other patient. Very disappointed...

March 17th, 2013
Long Friday Wait Times
Dr. Walner assessed my child for ear infection/fluid issues. He was low pressure and nice, but the wait times during both of our visits were horrendous--one hour the first visit, 45 min on the second one Both were scheduled appointments on a Friday afternoon in the Lincoln Park office. Apparently he does surgery at Lurie Children's on Friday mornings, so there were appointment backups both days because of what we were told were "complications with surgery." (Confidence inspiring, right?) If you schedule at the Lincoln Park office, schedule a Monday visit instead. When Dr. Walner saw us, we really had to push for time with him to ask our questions. His bedside manner isn't awful, but it isn't warm and fuzzy. He seems knowledgeable, and definitely probably works best with patients who are prepared with their questions, efficient and focused during the visit. Come prepared, and come prepared to wait. I should also mention that the woman who runs the front desk in LP is SUPER nice, and as helpful as she can possibly be. She's basically a saint for dealing (with a smile!) with all of the frustrated parents waiting for hours with their cranky kids. We have yet to go through the surgery process with Dr. Walner, so I will update this review after that.

January 3rd, 2012
vitals.com not reliable source
While I do not trust the information on this site, I will say that I am quite happy with Dr. Walner.

December 6th, 2011
Do not go to Libertyville.
Dr. Walner has a slightly dry personality, but I thought he was very kind with my son. I would not recommend the Libertyville office at all. They will not let patients use the bathroom (so you have to pack up your kids and belongings and walk to a different floor to find one). Bear in mind this is an office for kids (?!). When I commented on the 1 hour waiting time, I was asked if I wanted to re-schedule. Unbelievable.

October 25th, 2011
I cannot say enough about Dr. Walner
Dr. Walner has treated 2 of my kids, with the third needing tonsils out. His patience, brillance, and dedication have made all of the difference in my life and in the life of my children. I would fully recommend him in the strongest terms!

May 13th, 2011
QUANTITY practice instead of quality
I would never recommend Dr. Walner to anyone with children. Not only is he impatient with children, but incredible rough. He makes no attempt to be gentle with children (my child was less than a year old). Additionally, the office routinely overbooks, making the wait time well over an hour - only to be seen for all of two minutes. I get the impression profit is more important than patients.

February 7th, 2011
Over all I believe he is a good doctor, he is not very good explaining procedures but he was good explaining the problems and that is all I cared about. Be prepared to wait about an hour before he can see you even with an appointment.

February 1st, 2011
Sinus
My child had severe sinus problems. Dr. Walner cured his sinus problems

January 6th, 2011
Ear infections all the time
the doctor helped with my childs ear infections. He is like a new kid now after dr. walner helped him

November 9th, 2010
Breathing problem
Much better after this doctor took care of him

October 24th, 2010
Worth the wait
The doctor cured my son's breathing problems. Sometimes have to wait a little while to get in; but worth the wait

October 20th, 2010
Sinusitis
Our son had severe sinus infections; Dr. Walner helped him and cured him