A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Walter:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Walter
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Walter Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Walter, DO is board certified in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Walter graduated from Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine.
Dr. Walter has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Maine Medical Center
- Maine Medical Center - Hospital,Spring Harbor Hospital - Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. David E Walter DO is a male Pediatric / Adolescent Psychiatrist, has 19 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry and Child & Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. David E. Walter practice?
- Dr. David Walter has 1 office location.
Dr. David Walter practices Psychiatry and Child & Adolescent Psychiatry near Portland, ME.
See Portland Psychiatrists and Portland Child Psychiatrists.