Dr. David Wanicur Is this you?

10 Ratings • 1 Comment

Have you seen Dr. David Wanicur?

Missed Identification of Cataracts

Posted on June 19th, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Wanicur for years and had a full eye exam last month. I told him my distance vision had gotten much worse since the prior year. He examined my eyes and prepared a new stronger prescription and mentioned I had slightly high eye pressure, so a vision field test was warranted. When I went to another eye doctor (optometrist) to have new lenses made for my glasses, he said it was odd to have such a large change in distance vision in a year, so examined my eyes and found that I have cataracts, not enough to require surgery yet, but a very noticeable amount. Since I had been going to Dr. Wanicur for so long, I didn't realize how much eye exam equipment had progressed since Dr. Wanicur's office must have purchased theirs. I don't know if it was Dr. Wanicur's error or the shortcomings of his equipment, but not identifying cataracts during a full eye exam is incompetent as far as I'm concerned.

Posted on February 15th, 2016