Dr. David Weldy MD Patient Reviews

2.7

October 17th, 2013
Poor Bedside Manner; Unwilling to Discuss Things
After several years with a competent doctor at the Family Medicine clinic, I was abruptly transferred to the care of Dr. Weldy. As one other reviewer noted, Dr. Weldy seems to think that only one thing can be discussed at each appointment, and he gets snippy if you try to bring up other things. His "bedside manner" is very inadequate -- unwilling to discuss things, often never even saying anything about what he's doing, and often not willing to listen to or hear what I want to say. He's very authoritarian and just generally impossible to have a working relationship with. I know one of his other patients, who agrees with what I've said here.

August 21st, 2013
Friendly, Kind, Thorough
Dr. Weldy is a dedicated physician who works within a stressful medical climate. In spite of that he remains attentive and concerned about my health needs. He has referred me when appropriate, and does "over-doctor" me. I find him to be an excellent and knowledgeable physician.

June 2nd, 2011
Mediocre at best
Overall, I was unimpressed by both Dr. Weldy's diagnostic ability (because I am an MD too) and his brusque and dismissive manner toward me. When I mentioned some things that I had not initially made my appointment for, he interrupted me and said that I had only mentioned one thing when I made the appointment, and he can't handle more than one thing right now. (although this was a need for a refill and a request for immunizations, things that would not take much of his time). I was his first patient that morning, so I couldn't explain away his manner due to having a long and busy workday. He seemed overwhelmed even though I was his first patient. I would recommend him nor do I plan to see him again (am now seeing his colleague, who is much better). The staff at his office is great, though.

March 18th, 2010
Outstanding care for our entire family for over twenty years.