A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Wessel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Wessel, MD is board certified in Anesthesiology, Pediatrics, Pediatric Cardiology, and Pediatric Critical Care.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Transplantation
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome
- Persistent Fetal Circulation Syndrome
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Transposition of Great Vessels
Education & Awards
Dr. Wessel graduated from Yale University, New Haven. He has 11 awards.
Dr. Wessel has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Children's National Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Wessel accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- AMERIGROUP - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- The Chartered Health Plan - 2 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. David L. Wessel practice?
Dr. David Wessel practices Anesthesiology, Pediatrics, Pediatric Cardiology, and Pediatric Critical Care Medicine near Washington, DC.
Additional practice locations include: Boston, NY.
See Washington Anesthesiologists, Washington Pediatricians, Washington Pediatric Specialists, and Washington Critical Care Practitioners.