A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Wessel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Wessel, MD is board certified in Anesthesiology, Pediatrics, Pediatric Cardiology, and Pediatric Critical Care.
- He has special expertise in 15 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Transplantation
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome
- Persistent Fetal Circulation Syndrome
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Transposition of Great Vessels
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Wessel graduated from Yale University, New Haven. He has 11 awards.
Dr. Wessel has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Children's National Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Wessel accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- AMERIGROUP - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- The Chartered Health Plan - 2 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. David L. Wessel practice?
Dr. David Wessel practices Pediatrics, Pediatric Cardiology, Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, Anesthesiology, Critical Care Medicine, Internal Medicine, and Cardiology near Washington, DC.
Additional practice locations include: Boston, NY.
See Washington Pediatricians, Washington Pediatric Specialists, Washington Anesthesiologists, Washington Internists, and Washington Cardiologists.