Neurological Surgeons

168 N Brent St
Ste 408
Ventura, CA 93003
805-643-2179
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

|  Good care/ good medicine.  |  show details
May 8th, 2013

Dr. Westra is an excellent surgeon. Caring and knowledgeable. Back pain is all gone. Good care at CMH as well.

|  He's a dr who cares  |  show details
Apr 11th, 2012

icares I have been in pain for over 4yera and finally a dr who has relieved my pain! Thank you Dr westra...

|  Lorna  |  show details
Jan 11th, 2012

Dr was very informative about my condition.he gave a complete explanation of my condition and what procedures would be necessary to repair my neck .. I havent made a final decision yet .. However Dr Westra was very impressive

|  great doctor  |  show details
Oct 9th, 2011

he is very kind and gentle,I just did not want to be a number and rushed through on a assembly line.. like the other 5 star doctors so i got doctor westra and as I thought I was treated as special!!!!and not rushed through...and my legs are getting better also..and he allways there for me .....

|  show details
Jun 15th, 2011

Dr Westra was very thorough and explained my condition very well and showed me all of studies and explained them. Highly recommended.

|  poor quality  |  show details
Jun 7th, 2011

poor bedside manner

|  My wife's back surgery  |  show details
by John on May 8th, 2011

Over Christmas my wife had to have back surgery for a pinched nerve. Dr. Westra did an excellent job as neurosurgeon. He is a high quality professional and I highly recommend him to al who are in need of his services.

|  Not my surgery = not my problem!  |  show details
Feb 16th, 2011

After my original surgeon Dr. Sabit disappeared, Dr. Westra was supposed to take over my follow up care. The problem was there was no care. For my post office visit I was told "just rest and don't lift things" and then " Oh, I guess I should look at your incision". I then had to return six weeks later for a work release and when I expressed my concern about the pain I was still having he told me it might get better and it might not. Just wait and see. I was only prescribed PT after asking him to do so, which the PT said was very odd, as most people have a week or two of PT before returning to work to prevent further injury. I felt as though since he didn't do the surgery he didn't care. I've cancelled my next appointment and am looking for a new neurosurgical practice.