inactive

David B Wexler MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.9

October 23rd, 2016
Exceptional Psychiatrist - Patient of 14 years
Dr. Wexler has been my treating physician for 14 years since 2002. I was diagnosed with rapid cycling bi-polar disorder in 1997 and had seen several doctors, but I was still experiencing mood fluctuations weekly, and had great difficulty managing the demands of my career in high technology. Also, the pressure I put on my family was frightening. Under Dr. Wexler’s care I became stable and have remained so ever since. Dr. Wexler embodies some of the most valuable qualities a patient would want in a physician. He is excellent at what he does, he is always available when I need him, and he is truly personable. Dr. Wexler’s approach to me as a patient is inclusive. He explains complex treatments and medications and we make decisions together. I would highly recommend anyone who is looking for a truly exceptional psychiatrist to contact Dr. Wexler.

September 5th, 2016
At long last, a doctor gave me back my life
An ex-pat from Michigan living in Shanghai, I was so fortunate to have been referred to Dr Wexler to treat my depression.  doctor in Shanghai told me Dr Wexler was the best she’s known either in the US or abroad.  My therapist concurred.  Not sure how he did it, but I am feeling better than I have in decades.  I saw Dr Wexler for 10 months, and he continually stressed that I had to keep working with my therapist, exercise, pay attention to my diet, and get consistent rest.  You’re the best, Dr W.

June 29th, 2011
Excellent top notch physician, the doctor of doctors!
Dr. Wexler has been my physician for seven years. He is outstanding in diagnosis and treatment. His "couchside" manner is the best I have ever recieved. I would highly recommend him as the utmost in professional demeanor and expertise.

June 20th, 2011
I cant say enough about Dr. David Wexler
I have been a patient of Dr. Wexler for over five years. Prior to that I suffered with depression and anxiety most of my adult life and although I was managed by other physicians and psychiatrists, I still continued to experience significant feelings of anxiety and dread. Dr. Wexler was the first physician that really took the time to gather a full history of my depressive episodes and symptoms. With that information and his expertise he was able to render a real and useful diagnosis and determine the most effective medications to manage my symptoms.In my experience, Dr. Wexler is dedicated to his patients and makes himself accessible and available. The quality of my life improved immeasurably once I began following Dr. Wexlers treatment regime. I am a physician, myself, and cannot recommend him highly enough. I have referred patients, friend and family members and will continue to do so.

May 13th, 2011
Simply superb
I have been a patient of Dr. Wexler's for almost ten years. He helped me dramatically improve my health almost immediately, and then advised me through the years as technologies and the state of the art evolved. I can't imagine that there could be a more professional, caring, insightful, and wise practitioner in this field. In my line of work I have coincidentally had the opportunity to learn a fair amount about the science, and it serves to make me even more impressed with the level of his practice. I would recommend Dr. Wexler to my closest friends, and have. He is simply superb.

May 8th, 2011
Just what my doctors ordered . . .
My husband was suffering debilitating back pain from degenerative arthritis. I was referred to Dr Wexler because of his expertise managing very difficult psychiatric issues often related to other medical problems. I watched as my husband became more depressed and ultimately was told about Dr Wexler by friends and also my primary care physician. He was very kind, thorough, methodical in his assessment, collaborative with his other doctors, and committed to getting my husband relief. He advocated for a combination of medications targeting mood, anxiety, and pain and has brought back quality to my husband's existence. We are extremely grateful and can unequivocally recommend this thoughtful clinician to anyone in need.

September 25th, 2010
AMAZING!!!EXTREMELY HELPFUL AND WORTH THE COST!!!

March 1st, 2010
"Dr. House" in Portola Valley!
Dr. Wexler's diagnostic skills are second to none. After years of struggling, in an hour and a half, he had he the answer for me. When a medication stopped working, Dr. Wexler had another suggestion. He never stops working with you, he never stops caring. He never gives up.

December 23rd, 2009
Second to NONE
Dr. David B. Wexler has been a life saver for me as well as for my family. His professional understanding together with the human compassion expressed for each situations is what I call "Second to None". I am a mature woman who has had periodic episodes that needed treatment by a top notch psychiatrist - I would not trust any other professional the way I have entrusted Dr. Wexler. On my life - I would recommend him.

December 21st, 2009
life saving
took a bit of time but left me feeling better than at any other time in my adult life. thanks, dr wexler

November 29th, 2009
a dr. of wisdom
Over the last 10 yrs, I have seen many psychiatrists. I have had depression and anxiety for many years. I have been on and off medications, some ok, some that did not work at all. Until, i found Dr. wexler. He is like my own personal gardian angel. I now feel better than I have in 20 years. His dedication and knowledge, paired with his genuine interest in my well being, makes my life a whole new world.I am forever grateful to Dr. Wexler and his wonderful staff.Lastly, Dr. Wexler's dog, Benny, is adorable and an extremely peaceful addition to any office.

November 26th, 2009
Dr. Wexler is the Best!!!
5 STARS!!! I was given Dr Wexler's name from several colleagues and my therapist. I have seen many doctors over the years (yes, I can admit I've got ADD and tend toward depression) and have tried a number of medications. I'm in tech and realize these conditions have a strong biological component. Let's just say my CPU needed cleaning. After a thorough 2 hour initial evaluation (he actually spent more than that with me), he reviewed diagnoses with me and then worked over a period of months to help me to feel better than I've felt my entire adult life. I am moving out of the area but will not give up working with this caring, skilled, responsive doc. Thank you, Dr. Wexler. You're the best.