Dr. David Wheeler Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. David Wheeler?

September 14th, 2017

He sucks as a "healthcare professional." He abandoned me as a patient merely for asking a question about a currently due bill.

February 15th, 2017

Office staff is stuffy. Dr. comes across as a bit of a salesman. Not a friendly office.

January 4th, 2016

Typical Wyoming medical service. I am right your wrong attitude.

February 15th, 2015

The office staff in Casper is EXCEPTIONAL!

February 21st, 2013

Epepilepsy complex partial seizures and severe migraine

well were to begin, he was well mannored/personable....he took the time out of my life 6 years ago to truly give me hope that I was not a freek, he sat me down, after a long trem eeg study/told me I was not nuts. I was not having sudo seizures, did I have convulisionary brain damage ( what ever that was, no he and Cathy told me I had Epepilepsy, I was free at 49......... all those years I was lost in so many boxes of mixed diagnose, but Dr. Wheeler set me free....Well after a 6 year relationship/a VNS to stop my complex partial seizures /subq imitrex for my severe migraines and traffic personality to go with it, the seemed to assume to belief he's PA over me a loyal/long patient, that I was rude......so today I now see him no more I have had to move on, so I can't say I recomend him,today he hides behind his employees, sorry Docotor Wheeler/much much good luck, may you not be rude to good/faithful paitent in your future

June 6th, 2010

Dr Wheeler is excellent

I found Dr. Wheeler through The National Epilepsy Foundation's website after the Billings Clinic neurologists told us they didn't know what else to do for my son. Him and his staff were professional and caring. Although we are over 300 miles away, when I email him, he, himself, responds quickly.

February 25th, 2010

Rude

He was rude and unprofessional. He gave himself way more credit then was due, claimed to know much of the staff at the Mayo clinic where I had been seen only a month before. I later found out, none of the doctors, including mine have ever even heard of him. I was not impressed and left very angry!

Doctor's Response

I have never claimed to know any doctors at the Mayo clinic. I do in fact have a couple of friends there but this is in no way pertinent to caring for a patient in my office. I am sorry I was unclear and left the impression that I know people that I don't.

SHOW

January 6th, 2010

Getting an appointment with a referral was easy - told to show up at 8 AM but the doctor didn't even come into the office until 8:45. At 9:00 AM, we then went to see his PA - who was very thorough and compassionate. The PA spent 45 minutes going over all the symptoms and discussing possible causes. Finally, 2 hours later, we get to see Dr. Wheeler, who comes in only for 10 minutes to essentially say he conferred with the PA and they are in agreement about a diagnosis and further tests. Getting a quick follow up appointment is nonexistent - had to wait over a month just to get another appointment and continually told that there are no other openings. Really cannot speak to Wheeler's skills as a doctor as didn't have a lot of contact with him and didn't see him - mainly saw PA or nurse, who also returned any calls or answered any questions. Figured if I am going to pay that much for a doctor, I would rather see the doctor and not a nurse or PA.

Doctor's Response

The realities of healthcare reform are that more care needs to be provided in less time and for less money. Physician extenders are a critical element in this change process. We work very closely with our PAs and review the care provided to every patent while the patient is in the office. This allows us to see almost twice as many patients per day while providing the same high quality care. We train our extenders to ask the same questions and perform the same examination that we do leaving us time to make the clinical decisions that guide your care

SHOWttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr

October 24th, 2009

Genuine and caring

The best. Not in it for the money

June 17th, 2008

Lifesaver

My daughter was transferred via ambulance to Dr. Wheeler in the middle of the night, he took one look at her and corrected her mis-diagnosis and put her back on the road to recovery. I love his calm demeanor and ability to convey information in a straight forward fashion. I believe he saved her life that night.

September 14th, 2017