Dr. David Wimberley MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 16th, 2016
Great Doctor
I must say that I was impressed by Dr. Wimberley on my first visit to him. Dr. Doctor referred me to him after 3 injections for back pain. His bedside manner was amazing and he made me feel comfortable. His first recommendation was NOT Surgery. He explained all of my options after I told him all of the things I had done to avoid another surgery and he still wanted me to try other things before surgery. I definitely trust his opinions and would recommend him to anyone who is suffering with back pain.

August 16th, 2016
Completely undependable doctor, rude staff.
Well... I would have loved to rate Dr Wimberly but I've made two appointments and both have been cancelled by the office on short notice (one the day before and one the day of) because Dr Wimberly 'needed to be somewhere else'. Once I lost half a day of work but still rescheduled, the second time I did not reschedule and made an appointment with a doctor who is less of a princess and respects other's time.

April 18th, 2016
Excellent in every manner!

April 14th, 2016
This guy knows what he is doing
I have no idea what people are complaining about! My back is a train wreck with damage on every vertebra in the lumbar section and some in the neck. I had multiple herniated discs with one 7mm bulge protruding into my spinal cord and resulting excruciating pain. Dr. W did NOT jump straight to surgery. He prescribed drugs and cortisone injections first, all to no avail. When he finally did operate he repaired the damage and stopped the pain. The guy is fantastic at his skill. My back is beyond truly fixing but he gave me normal function again and I could continue my life. Three years later I re-injured it and I’m back again. If he wasn’t one of the best I sure wouldn’t be back. He is a straight shooter. If you don’t want to listen to what he is telling you, that’s your problem, not his. I like his direct candor and no amount of bedside manner can replace SKILL. He has the SKILL and KNOWLEDGE people!!! What do you want when the knife comes out???

December 10th, 2015
The very best back surgeon I've had.
I have had a total of 5 back surgeries, one of which was done by Dr Wimberley. He is by far the best surgeon I have had to date. He was very personable and I had no doubt he knew exactly what he was talking about. He was patient, caring and seemed to be interested in doing the best he could for me. I am now facing a 4 level fusion and would not consider or trust any other doctor to do it.

October 22nd, 2015
So Thankful
I put off having back surgery for years. I just had never heard anyone that was glad that they had it. I waited until I almost could not function at all. Dr. Wymberly and his staff took exceptional care of me. I am so thankful that I finally had it done. He was amazing!

September 13th, 2015
I am up and moving after Dr. Wimberly did a revision surgery from a previous surgery. He made me feel confidant and encouraged me greatly. I highly recommend him and his PA Nick.

April 2nd, 2015
Excellent Doctor
Dr. Wimberley is a kind, caring, listens to concerns, answers all questions, and is receptive to conservative measures rather that jump to surgery as the only option. I would recommend him to anyone suffering from spinal issues.

September 15th, 2014
Would never see this doctor again..its sad to know there's doctors like THIS & needs to (think) one day he might be in their shoes!!!

August 26th, 2014
EXECENTE
I AM VERY THANKFUL TO GOD TO SEND A FRIEND TO RECOMEND TO ME DR. WIMBELERLEY.HE IS VERY PROFESSIONAL AND CARING FOR HIS PATIENTS. GOD BLESS HIM AND I KNOW I WILL VERY SUCESSFUL IN HIS OPINIONS AND WORK.

April 24th, 2014
Happy with my appointment
I just wanted to say that I was very happy with my appointment with Dr. Wimberly. He was attentive, answered all my questions and discussed all the options on how to deal with my back issues. Surgery was not his first option nor did he complain about my insurance as other reviewers posted. Thanks dr. Wimberly

August 12th, 2012
Awesome Doctor
I saw Dr Wimberly for 1.5 years before having an anterior 2- level fusion. Dr. Wimberly supported me in first tryingall possible conservative treatments before recommending surgery. I am 4 weeks post-op and all is going as planned.Dr. Wimberly is a very caring doctor and I highly recommend him!