A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Witmer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. David Witmer is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Witmer, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Leg Fracture (Tibial Fractures)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Witmer graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Witmer has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Martha Jefferson Hospital
- Greenville Memorial Medical Center
- Martha Jefferson Outpatient Surgery Center, LLC
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. David S. Witmer practice?
Dr. David Witmer practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Charlottesville, VA.
See Charlottesville Surgeons.