A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. David Witmer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. David Witmer is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Witmer
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Witmer Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. David Witmer, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Leg Fracture (Tibial Fractures)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Witmer graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Witmer has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Martha Jefferson Hospital
- Greenville Memorial Medical Center
- Martha Jefferson Outpatient Surgery Center, LLC
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. David S Witmer MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 24 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. David S. Witmer practice?
- Dr. David Witmer has 1 office location.
Dr. David Witmer practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Charlottesville, VA.
See Charlottesville Surgeons.