Overall Review

1.6

November 8th, 2013
An excellent gastroenterologist!!!...
I have been a patient of Dr. David Wolson for about 30 years... In those 30 years I have found Dr Wolfson and his staff to be concerned, courteous and caring... The only time that have have a long wait is when Dr. Wolfson is involved in a procedure... Otherwise, the wait time is not that long... When you finally go in to be seen, Dr. Wolfson shows a great deal of concern... He asks question... And also answers yours... He NEVER rushes you out... He is an excellent Doctor!!!...

October 30th, 2013
DR. WOLFSON- Incompetant Dangerous Doctor-NO Heart
Dr. Wolfson injured my esophagus shoving a device down my throat during an upper endoscopy with NO anesthesia. He prescribed the wrong meds and I could hardly breathe &was in respiratory distress .. called him up for help gasping for air and he told me NOT to bother him, he replied "DIAL 911 and LEAVE ME ALONE" He refused to give me the phone number for Hafstolah ambulance so i can be rushed to Maimonides Hospital and said, "you have 2 fingers, open the yellow pages". I almost died.. Thank God I got to the hospital in time and was treated for his dreadful negligence... He is a heartless Incompetant doctor.

January 9th, 2012
This doctor spent less than five minutes speaking with me and he was my doctor for several years until I found another GI. He always wrote a prescription and insisted that I take the medication and wait for my condition to clear up on its own. He pushed for an endoscopy and a colonoscopy which I feel was not needed as this is where the money is.

November 23rd, 2011
He is amongst the worst of any doctors I ever saw. On the several occasions I went to him, he was pushing for an endoscopy which I refused. The last time, he just shoved the tube down my throat cutting the inside of my cheeks. Afterwards, I take car service and see only Manhattan doctors - it is worth the $80/ roundtrip.

July 13th, 2011
He goes from room to room and seeings patients in between endoscopies and colonoscopies. And he was pushing me to have both done - I'm only 40. I just lost my job and my stomach was bothering me so my family doctor told me to see him as I live three blocks away. The first visit I refused to have any procedures done so he scheduled a follow up visit. During the second visit - before I could say anything, he rammed a tub down my throat - seconds before he had his nurse inject painkillers in my arm and I got a endoscopy and a big co-payment which I can't really afford as I am on umemployment. He wrote a presciption - non-generic - and left when I started to ask a question. I waited 20 minutes for him to return but he took a call from his car dealer instead. All he told me was to take the medication and come back in a month. Instead I found a good doctor in Manhattan who simply told me to watch my diet and I'll be fine. I then researched Dr. Wolfson and learned that he has been disciplined by the NYS Medical board so I consider myself lucky that I went to a different doctor.

March 2nd, 2010
worst gastro doctor stay away from him!
he is a money hungry careless heartless man. he is just stupid and not helpful. worst doctor by far.