Dr. David Wong MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

no change

July 26th, 2016
Terrible Experinece
My experience from the beginning to the end was terrible. The office staff was not friendly at all. They made me feel like I was an inconvenience. Then the doctor seemed preoccupied. Every time I tried to talk to him, he interrupted me. The doctor never clarified the diagnosis or even discussed treatment options with me. He actually walked out of the room as I was asking him questions. I found him to be rude and the worst bedside manner I have ever seen in a doctor. He was kind of a bully. I would not ever recommend him or this medical office to anyone. Having not received the medical care I needed, I have to find another specialists.

April 18th, 2016
My experience
My hand injury left me with a very swollen ring finger for more than 5 months. I asked the doctor if there was anything that could be done to reduce the swelling, "No" was the reply, "I would have to live with it." So I resigned myself to having all my rings resized BUT as luck would have it I had a doctor's appointment with my deramtologist and was required to take some medication for that issue and within the week both conditions were resolved. Dr. Wong does not like a patient to have an opinion and frankly I was better off with my dermatologist -- if there is a 'next time' maybe I will skip orthopedics altogether and head straight for my dermatologist, who by the way is a prince!

August 18th, 2015
Dr With an Ego - the Worst Kind
Saw this doctor twice with little to no satisfaction regarding the problem. He apparently loves to hear himself talk as he kept repeating the same thing over and over to the point you couldn't ask a question. When you would, he seemed very irritated and uninterested. He needs to learn that one of the most useful skills as a physician is LISTENING. This doctor was recommended by a therapist who now says they won't recommend Dr Wong any longer as they have heard the same complaint several times from the patients they had recommended see him. I should have read the patient reviews before seeing this guy.

August 24th, 2012
DON'T USE IF YOU WANT A WARM AND FUSSY DOCTOR!!
My company recommend Dr Wong for my CTS issues. During the first meeting w/him, the first words out of his mouth was "We have to operate". This is likely true due to the extreme CTS I have BUT he was a rude, arrogant, and very short w/me. He asked me if I had any questions(gave me about 5 seconds) and left the exam room. As soon as he left the exam room I though of a question that was very important about the surgery and his nurse told me sorry, he was in w/another patient. She did not even ask me what my concern or question was or if she could have the doctor get back to me. I thought this along w/his attitude was horrible but I hung in there because several people told me how good a hand surgeon he was. So I had to deal w/his office staff and they were all pretty snotty. I don't believe they addressed any of my issues w/the doctor, I feel they told me what they think Dr Wong would have said. Is he really this busy?? If so he needs to stop taking new patients but with amount of money he gets from these 5 min surgeries who would, right? (Where is the ETHICS or has that gone out the window w/todays rush of the digital age, high malpractice premiums, lousy stock market, high office overheads, etc, etc)The day of my surgery was pretty crappy! They had me come in 2.5 hrs early for the surgery which is understandable but the "Good Doctor" was over 2 hours late. So for my 5 min surgery I was tied up from early in the morning until after 5pm. I mean come on, I know there could have been an emergency but no one told me this. They just said Dr. Wong is running late, like it was a normal thing.For the people out there who are considering using him think twice if you want a caring doctor w/bedside minors(cause you just ain't going to get it!!)...He seems to have done a great job on my hand, I was using it the next day but at what cost? The only person that was even remotely nice that was apart of his staff was his triage nurse, Dianne but she works for half the doctors up there. The rest of his staff from the nurse that would not help me get a question to the doc on the initial visit to the rude pompous girl that took my stitches out in the post visit.Obvious some of the "Great Doctor" reviews on here were written by him or his staff because I heard the same comments before, I witnessed it during, and I'm now reading it after. I gave him a fair shot but in the end Dr Wong lived up to his name.

May 12th, 2011
DR WONG, HIS STAFF AND THE STAFF OF CENTRAL OKLAHOMA ORTHOPEDIC WERE MOST PROFESSIONAL AND CARING. THE SURGICAL PORTION OF THE EVENTS WERE CARRIED OUT WITH WHAT APPEARED TO BE GREAT SKILL AND CARE. DR WONG AND HIS STAFF MADE WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN CHALLENGING EVENTS MUCH EASIER TO GET THROUGH.

April 5th, 2011
the worst ever
The man has the worst bedside manner I have ever seen he ask questions but never listen to the answers he told me that he thought I was lying about by systems but when the emg came back and confirmed what I said he never apologized @the end I had questions he told me to ask my job the info and walked out HOW WOULD I ASK MY JOB A QUESTION FOR THE DOCTOR

March 30th, 2011
RONALD VINER
Dr. Wong is a caring professional. He made the surgery simple event instead of an ordeal. His initial analysis of the issue included options other than immediate surgery. If testimonials were in order, he would have received many. Along with this the doctor's staff was outstanding.

March 24th, 2011
EXCELLENT DOCTOR
I am very pleased with Dr. Wong's professionalism and expertise. He takes a cautious approach, which I appreciate. In the past, other doctors have seemed too eager to jump to the next step (i.e., surgery). Dr. Wong does not do that.

March 23rd, 2011
This company/office/staff is amazing!
Highly professional, knowledgable, quick, efficient. Best doctor/staff/office I've ever been to! I had a break in my hand under my pinky in the lower bone. This injury isnt like the common boxer break and takes longer to heal/harder to see on x-rays too!

March 11th, 2011
Worst Doctor Ever
This is the worst doctor I have ever seen, First his bedside manor was very poor, he saw me two times, one to find out the problem, the second was after mri and x-rays of my hand, never once did he examine my hand or shoulder that is in extreme pain, he spent maybe five minutes between the two visits with me, after not seeing anything on the x-rays or mri, he released me back to work with full duty knowing I climb on top of houses carrying large equipment and carry ladders. On top of that I have 2% of full use in the effected hand. The only advice he gave me was that I will have to deal with the pain and that I should start looking for a job that I can handle. Both times he saw me he walked out the front door before I left his office, the first time to go home and the second carrying a carton of food. I will say that I was on workman's comp and a case manager nurse was involved, he obviously cares more for the ins. co. than he does his patients. I had a second opinion and my new doctor is talking about surgery. Thanks Dr. Wong

March 8th, 2011
Great care....
I not only received great care from Dr Wong, but his whole entire staff as well! I appreciated the time he took to explain the break in the bone, location and what to expect over the next couple of months.

December 28th, 2010
dr. Jackel & mr. Hyde
this doctors idea is to cut on you if it works great if not.to bad your on your own.If your crippled after surgery,your on your own.