Dr. David Woodard MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 8 reviews

August 19th, 2016
Great doctor and supported by a great staff!

October 18th, 2015
Outstanding Doctor!

May 12th, 2015
botched hernia
Had hernia surgery with him at the age of 20 in 2002. Recurred 3 years later. Been dealing with pain and problems ever since. Not sure if he still uses it but did an open method with a plug. Worse health decision of my life. Would not recommend.

August 2nd, 2014
Dr. Woodard's staff has always been very friendly and courteous to me at every visit. I found Dr. Woodard to be a pleasant and caring physician with a demeanor that allows patients to be well informed and at ease. I would not hesitate requesting Dr. Woodard for any future procedures and would highly recommend him.

April 18th, 2014
Routine Lapband Revision/hiatal hernia repair gone wrong
I went in for routine laproscopic lapband revision/hiatal hernia repair with the Divinci Robot. I don't thing Dr. Woodard has used the Divinci Robot that much several things went very wrong. Dr. Woodard damaged the old band and had to replace it. He punctured my plural sac and my lung collapased and I believe he put the port in upside down. With my old lapband I could tell when I was full. I am convinced that the new band is not working properly. I have gain 15 pounds in 2 months. I don't thing anyone should have him do surgery on them. He is very arrogant and doesn't think that anything except the collapsed lung went wrong. He said that he doesn't know how that happened. He said I must have coughed or sneezed too hard. I have talked to numerous nurses and all have said that is impossible to sneeze or cough so hard that your lung collapses. I have now developed an abdomenal hernia but I am not going to let him do surgery on me again.

August 4th, 2013
Repeat Patient...Thank You!
I find it difficult to even fathom that an MD who has had to repair 3 hernias, do an emergency appendectomy, and a lymph node biopsy...just to name a FEW of the sorted surgeries he unfortunately has NEEDED to perform over the years...is "not capable" or "a liar", or worse..."incompetent"!! Dr. Woodard is a proficient, reliable, compassionate Physician who actually still processes a "bedside manor" and a sense of humor! I'm certain I can tell the difference between skilled, competent or not...I worked in Orthopaedics for 16 years! So please remember when you see a physician should you wait just a little longer some times EMERGENCIES do arise...and you or your loved ones may be that emergency some day (I worked with a trauma Ortho guy for 3 of my 16 yrs) and YOU would not want ANYTHING to stop that same MD from getting.to you or your loved one...especially if it is a Physician as capable as Dr. David Woodard! Hands down...I'd take him for ANY family member.

March 4th, 2013
Billed but never been to or have any knowledge of this Doctor.
It is one thing to get a bill from a Physician but it is another thing to get a bill from a physician you don't even know exists. This is in no way good practice and will be handled by the A.M.A.,B.B.B. and other relative agencies in full.

January 5th, 2011
Great Surgeon
i was misdiagnosed by another doctor for food poisioning when it was my appendicitis. my appendix eventually ruptured and Dr. Woodard performed my surgery and did an excellent job and thorough follow-up.