Urologic surgeon
Video profile

Mar 30th, 2016

I would gladly recommend Dr Chen to anyone with urological problems. He's very professional and spends time explaining every aspect of your ailment and treatment.

Fox Chase is the Best show details Fox Chase is the Best
by David Emerick on May 12th, 2015

After my prostate cancer returned after 4 years, following treatment at another hospital I went to Fox Chase. Dr. Chen was able to do a salvage prostatectomy. He has been instrumental in helping me beat this cancer.

Mar 30th, 2015

This man saved my husbands life. I will forever recommend him to others with the threat of kidney cancer.

Mr. show details Mr.
by John Lertch on Aug 12th, 2014

Dr. Chen is extremely knowledgeable and exudes confidence. He explains procedures thoroughly and makes you feel assured. Dr. Chen and his entire team are very competent and caring.

Accurate diagnosis, accurate surgery show details Accurate diagnosis, accurate surgery
by Judd on Jul 15th, 2013

Dr. Chen has an excellent bedside manner that inspired confidence when I went in for what he suspected correctly was a cancerous tumor. His leadership in planning follow-up over the last several years at Fox Chase Cancer Center ensured that i did not have to undergo any unnecessary treatments once the tumor was removed. I am grateful to him and to his wonderful staff for their excellent treatment.

The Prostate Surgeon You Need show details The Prostate Surgeon You Need
by Charles Davies on Apr 11th, 2013

Tests showed my prostate was riddled with caner. My urologist mentioned Fox Chase Cancer Center. On their Internet site I could research every doctor who could preform prostate surgery. I chose Dr. David Chen. He performed da Vinci robotic assisted surgery and removed my prostate. It's been six months, and all tests have shown I'm cancer free. I made the right choice.

Best decision I ever made show details Best decision I ever made
by Ken R on Mar 9th, 2013

When I was diagnosed with cancer in both kidneys, the South Jersey doctors wanted to take one kidney and do laproscopic surgery on the other. I went to Fox Chase and Dr Chen saved both kidneys. When he operated, he discovered the kidney they wanted to do laproscopic surgery on was actually worse than the other. They would not have found out if they did it their way. Five years later, I am alive and well with two functioning kidneys thanks to him. He was caring and easy to talk to; he went over all the options before the surgery, and since has followed up with great care. He and the staff at Fox Chase are amazing! Cancer is all they do, so you know you are getting the best, most up to date care!

Patient and Thorough show details Patient and Thorough
Mar 2nd, 2012

Dr. Chen was reassuring about my wife's diagnosis of cancer, completely explaining the expected treatment and her likely outcome. He was completely correct in his predictions for her, and now she is cancer free and quickly back to normal after her surgery. The first doctor recommended a big operation and she was going to need to lose her kidney, and Dr. Chen was able to preserve her kidney and perform the surgery with really small cuts. We would recommend you always get a second opinion, especially with an expert like Dr. Chen!