Urologic surgeon
Fox Chase Cancer Center
333 Cottman Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19111
215-728-2548
Locations and availability (2)

|  Mr.  |  show details
by John Lertch on Aug 12th, 2014

Dr. Chen is extremely knowledgeable and exudes confidence. He explains procedures thoroughly and makes you feel assured. Dr. Chen and his entire team are very competent and caring.

|  Recommend Highly  |  show details
by Frank T. A. on Oct 5th, 2013

Dr. Chen and his staff at Fox Chase Cancer Center are exceptional professionals. All that they did for removal of my prostate/cancer was first class, including their communication, friendliness, warmth and caring manner, I always felt that I was receiving the best personable care imaginable, from initial diagnosis, hospital stay, and follow-up. Dr. Chen is truly a life-saver and I wholeheartedly recommend him. Frank T. A., Warwick, PA 18974

|  Our gratitude to an outstanding surgeon  |  show details
by Robert Engle (patient) and Marlene Engle (wife) on Sep 19th, 2013

We greatly admire Dr. Chen who operated on my husband on June 5, 20l3. Surgery was not easy, as it was a tumor never seen before in a specific area. Dr. Chen's focus, amazing talent, and overall knowledge far exceeded his quiet and reserve personality. Dr. Chen was the only physician out of four who was able to see the tumor from a MRI picture, and he determined the proper and most expedient procedure for a very successful result. Dr. Chen was very clear and precise in explaining all aspects of the surgery prior to and after surgery, and was always available to answer any and all of our questions. Phone calls to our home post surgery, to check on Robert, was greatly appreciated We cannot adequately express our gratitude and admiration for Dr. Chen, Our Lifesaver. Many thanks, Dr. Chen.

|  Accurate diagnosis, accurate surgery  |  show details
by Judd on Jul 15th, 2013

Dr. Chen has an excellent bedside manner that inspired confidence when I went in for what he suspected correctly was a cancerous tumor. His leadership in planning follow-up over the last several years at Fox Chase Cancer Center ensured that i did not have to undergo any unnecessary treatments once the tumor was removed. I am grateful to him and to his wonderful staff for their excellent treatment.

|  The Prostate Surgeon You Need  |  show details
by Charles Davies on Apr 11th, 2013

Tests showed my prostate was riddled with caner. My urologist mentioned Fox Chase Cancer Center. On their Internet site I could research every doctor who could preform prostate surgery. I chose Dr. David Chen. He performed da Vinci robotic assisted surgery and removed my prostate. It's been six months, and all tests have shown I'm cancer free. I made the right choice.

|  Best decision I ever made  |  show details
by Ken R on Mar 9th, 2013

When I was diagnosed with cancer in both kidneys, the South Jersey doctors wanted to take one kidney and do laproscopic surgery on the other. I went to Fox Chase and Dr Chen saved both kidneys. When he operated, he discovered the kidney they wanted to do laproscopic surgery on was actually worse than the other. They would not have found out if they did it their way. Five years later, I am alive and well with two functioning kidneys thanks to him. He was caring and easy to talk to; he went over all the options before the surgery, and since has followed up with great care. He and the staff at Fox Chase are amazing! Cancer is all they do, so you know you are getting the best, most up to date care!

|  Patient and Thorough  |  show details
Mar 2nd, 2012

Dr. Chen was reassuring about my wife's diagnosis of cancer, completely explaining the expected treatment and her likely outcome. He was completely correct in his predictions for her, and now she is cancer free and quickly back to normal after her surgery. The first doctor recommended a big operation and she was going to need to lose her kidney, and Dr. Chen was able to preserve her kidney and perform the surgery with really small cuts. We would recommend you always get a second opinion, especially with an expert like Dr. Chen!