Dr. David Yu MD Patient Reviews

February 12th, 2016
I had chosen a Dr Slattery, but Dr Yu is who saw us at the hospital and he kept trying to get us to schedule our next appt with him (Dr Slattery & Black, he's taking your patients). I had an uneasy feeling, but my husband wanted to go with him. He seemed nice enough our first appt. After waiting about 45 min in the exam room for 3 appts, hearing the same stories about HIS family every time, and our concerns getting brushed off as no big deal I decided to switch. Should have switched sooner, but it's a pain to change Dr's, so save yourself the time and go with someone else now. At my son's 2 month appointment I asked about the shape of his head, and Dr Yu said not to worry (that's literally all he had to say about it). Our new pediatrician said he has torticollis, gave us exercises to do at home, and sent us to a physical therapist. Had Dr Yu just given us exercises to do, we would not be paying to go to a physical therapist right now and it would already be corrected. Dr Yu also left a lot of scar tissue when he did the circumcision, which our new Dr said could be taken off if it doesn't get better by 1 yr. I definitely don't want to put him through an unnecessary surgery, but I just wish Dr Yu would have done it correctly for my son's sake later on.

January 10th, 2015
Proud Mother
Dr. Yu is very personable and knowledgeable. We connected with him immediately and found common interests our first visit. Sometimes I have to pull my husband out of the office as him and Dr. Yu could talk for hours about KU Jayhawks. Dr. Yu is irreplaceable!!!

August 22nd, 2014
Great Pediatrician!!
After reading the last review I thought...there is no way that this could be the same Dr. Yu that my kids see. He is awesome and my kids love him. I almost feel that he is family. I would never consider "chunky monkey" to be an insult and I could see him saying that because he is very fun loving! We switched to Dr. Yu when my kids were in middle school. They instantly connected with him. I remember them talking about their favorite Gatorade flavor and thinking he is got a knack for connecting with kids!! No wonder his patients love him. I referred several friends to him as well and they feel the same. One day I happened to bring my kids in at the same time as one of my friend. We laughed and said it's like old home week! As my kids moved into their teenage years and had several sports injuries he was right their guiding us through those tough times. My older son just went off to college and we're going to have to find an adult doctor. It makes me sad because he has been such an important person in their lives. My younger son is thinking about going into medicine and I can't help to think that Dr. Yu had a significant influence on that decision. Dr Yu is that doctor that you always hoped you'd find for your kids. I am so glad i did!!!

March 6th, 2014
Concerned Mother
I took my newborn to Dr. Yu for his 1 month, 2 month and 4 month checkups. I chose him because I heard what a great doctor he was. The first visit I had an uneasy feeling. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but told myself to give him a chance. The second visit my baby weighed 10 lbs and he called him a chunky monkey (he was far from chunky) and said that we are feeding him too much. I asked about acid relux and he said his spitting up was because we were feeding him too much. Again I had the uneasy feeling and he was very rushed and showed no interest in my son. So we cut back the formula like he said. His spitting up got worse so we went back a week later and saw the physicians assistant who said he was a classic reflux baby, and put him on meds. At his 4 month check up Dr. Yu again was very rushed, rude and again no interest in my son. He rattled off to start giving him cereal (mixed with water) twice a day. My son weighed 11.9 oz at 4 months. Dr. Yu was never concerned about his weight. I asked if I was to give him his formula as well and he said no. I thought that was strange and called back later to confirm and the nurse told me the same thing. I switched doctors and at my son's 6 month check up with the new doctor he weighed only 12 lbs. He was very under weight and malnourished because we did as Dr. Yu told us to do. After switching I found out that this is not the first time someone has experienced this with Dr. Yu. Below are some comments that I received from a few other people about him. 1. We've used Dr Yu for 9 years and LOVED him in the beginning. I do think he has gotten entirely too busy and has "lost" his bedside manner that we so much appreciated in the beginning. 2. We switched from Dr Yu too, I just always felt like he wasn't actually interested and his nurses weren't the nicest either. I took Jackson to him 3x in one week because he was having trouble breathing, they didn't do anything or run any tests and the nurse told me I had no reason to be upset and to let whatever he had run its course and call them the next week. That was my last straw and we switched. He ended up having a respritory infection and ear infection. 3. I saw Dr. Yu once and I hated him and never went back. He was in a hurry and not interested in all in my daughter. 4. When I picked up all of my sons records for the new pediatrician's office I talked to the office manager and let her know why we left. But I don't know that that really matters to them, what's one patient when he had hundreds? And I never heard from them again, if they truly cared I would have expected a call to apologize. If there have been so many problems then why aren't more parents making complaints. This man needs his license revoked!! Had I not went with my gut and switched doctors, God knows how sick my baby would be. His new doctor was LIVID as was I. People, PLEASE if you have had problems with this man you need to report it.

August 8th, 2012
One Awesome Doctor
When I had my first child over 8 years ago, I had no idea who to use for a pediatrician and randomly picked Dr Yu as he was a newer doctor and was trying to build his practice. He had come to my childbirth preparation class and seemed nice enough so I thought why not? Boy am I glad that I chose him, because he is a wonderful doctor. He has always treated me with respect and care and really loves children. My kids love him and he patiently listens to them babble on about whatever it is they want to talk about when we go visit him. My only "complaint" isn't really about him, it is just that he is extremely popular now, so it is harder to actually see him, but his nurses and the ARNPs in the office are just as wonderful, so no big deal if I have to see an ARNP instead.

April 9th, 2012
We LOVE Dr. Yu!
Our kids mean everything to us and there is no one we trust them with more than Dr. Yu. The extra wait is worth the quality of the doctor. I don't know what we would do if he ever moves.

March 8th, 2012
Dr.Yu treats you the way he likes to be trated.
Very humanely professional,no complicated medical terms,no snub, and acts like a friend.Very assuring.

January 24th, 2012
Dr. Yu is awesome. Very easy to work with. My kids love him.

July 21st, 2011
Immunizations
My husband and I have done our research and have made the decision not to use immunizations on our 4 children. Even though he disagrees with our decision, Dr. Yu has been very supportive of our decision. He spent an hour with us when we were in the research stage,working with us, advising us and helping us get accurate studies. Even though he disagree with our ultimate decision, he has treated us with respect and never tried to bully us into changing our minds (many other Drs would have refused to even see us) When we enrolled our children in private school he was very prompt in returning the paperwork we asked him to fill out. He also has required his staff to treat us with respect as well (a nurse felt the need to have an "attitude" every time we came in - he put a stop to that) Our family loves and respects Dr Yu and we strongly recommend him!

July 20th, 2011
If you have a child you should have a Dr. Yu
This is by far the best pediatric Dr I've ever seen in my life. He takes care of all three of my children and honestly if he moved I'd have to move with him. He take time with our family, answers the questions and makes sure we're comfortable with the information he's provided. I'm quite sure my daughter, who was in the NICU at the beginning of her life, is a happy healthy infant of 10 months now because of him. I wish he was a GP cause I'd like to have him watching out for my wife and I.Just can't say enough.

July 6th, 2011
Does he really care?
My child had a scheduled appointment at one of the offices. I called back to confirm the time and the office(since he has 2) and they confirmed everything. I arrived at the office 10 minutes early, and they told me that there was no appointment for the child. The checked the schedule for the other office and it was over there. Drove 20 minutes to the other office and they said that they were not going to see my child. Explained to them that I called back and confirmed everything the day before and that they told me it was at the other office. Dr Yu told them to check the phone recordings, and if they had confirmed the appointment at the other office. "Phone Tech" called and told them that there was no confirmation call. Dr said that he would not see my child. This took over 3 hours. Spoke to the boss of the "Phone Tech" and the recordings were not available to listen to. I will not go back.

July 14th, 2010
Best in class
Dr. Yu is young, engergetic and very inteligent. He answers our questions thoroughly backed by research. He prescribes common sense remedies that include the best available med as well as alternate solutions.