Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Horrible Doctor. Ignore prior reviews. He's a fraud and money hungry. show details Horrible Doctor. Ignore prior reviews. He's a fraud and money hungry.
Jun 22nd, 2016

Botched abortion landed me in the hospital with internal bleeding and one of the largest hematomas the hospital has seen. Also, he refused to accept my insurance because he said he charges $1000 for the procedure and that insurance would only cover $350. I later called the insurance company who told me it was illegal for him to do that. Also, after the procedure when I started experiencing severe pain, I tried calling his "24 hour emergency number" between the hours of 7 PM - 9:30 AM continually when finally someone answered at 9:30 AM. The office staff told me to come in, took one look at me, sent me to the hospital, and the Dr. said he would follow up... he never did. He hopped a flight to go on vacation and I didn't hear back from them. The hospital was so concerned with my blood loss that the wanted to admit me and do a transfusion which I refused for my own personal reasons but they could not believe that I was experiencing all of that from a surgical abortion.

Highly Recommended!! show details Highly Recommended!!
Jan 6th, 2016

I am currently 6 months pregnant, I have been going to Dr. Z since the very beginning of my pregnancy. Though I wish he would sit with me a little longer and explain some things to me being that this is my first pregnancy. I don't know what to expect but I can definitely say that I can call him right now and he will speak with me personally and if I need to come in I can go in at any time before the closing time. I love that he is available weekends and though he does not sit there and explain every detail to me but if I have a question he is always there to answer them quickly and accurately.

by Norma on May 16th, 2015

Dr. Z as I call him is the best Gyn I have ever been to. He is on point with his diagnosis. He spends time with you and answers your questions no matter how foolish you think they are. He is great!!

Dr. D Zagaroff is the best! Staff needs sensitivity training though. show details Dr. D Zagaroff is the best! Staff needs sensitivity training though.
by Nicky on Apr 8th, 2015

Dr. D. Zargaroff helped me through a terrible time in my life. COMPASSIONATE & UNDERSTANDING!

Worst exprience of my life show details Worst exprience of my life
Dec 20th, 2014

Ripoff. I was told he accepted my insurance when I made the appointment. His staff were great and answered any questions I had and helped ease the anxiety I was feeling. The doctor on the other hand is another story. When I got to the appointment he told me that insurance doesn't pay him what he charges(they only pay out $350) so I would need to pay him $400 cash. Then once I agreed and he saw I wanted to get it done, he told me that I was further along than I actually was (I have my personal doctor and a 2nd doctor that I saw prior to him that agreed I was a certain amount of weeks along, and Dr. Zargaroff said I was more just so he could charge me for a 2 day procedure as opposed to 1. The price was now $1000 cash for a 2 day procedure. I paid him and went into the room for the procedure. He then told me I could do the one day procedure if I'd like. Of course I want to get it done all at once so I went for it. After the procedure I was in a lot of pain and very out of it from whatever he gave me. I left and went home. I was told if there were any problems I could contact his 24 hour emergency line. I slept from 1-8pm waking up in between with what seemed to be an unusual amount of pain. By 9 I was so uncomfortable and my abdomen was distended. I called his emergency line about a dozen times and nobody answered. Finally at 9 am I got a call and was told to come in. The doctor took one look at me and sent me to the hospital. Did he come? No. He had a flight to catch to Aruba, or wherever he was going to spend my $1000. At the hospital they determined I had a large 16 cm hematoma which expanded my utuerus to the size of someone who was 6 months pregnant. (I was 3 months when I terminated) They told me that this was probably caused by him not performing the procedure correctly. I almost needed blood transfusions because of the blood loss but after enough begging and pleading with the doctors they let me go without it and gave me medicine and instructed I follow it. I missed over a week of work. Had extreme pain throughout the time. The doctor called me once to ask me how I was and I could barely hear him over his terrible cell phone connection. Since, I have contacted him over a dozen times to request a refund for the procedure and have yet to hear back from him. My periods have not been the same since. I get horrible cramping where as I never had cramping before. DO NOT go to this doctor.

Amazing Doctor show details Amazing Doctor
May 26th, 2012

Highly recc Dr Z He is truly the besy OBGYN in new york. Your luck to be a patient if you get an appointment!

NYOBGYN show details NYOBGYN
Mar 26th, 2012

This is about the Last Comment. Dr. Zargaroff dose not perform Abortion after 12 week. You must gone some place else lady.

by Vivviene E. on Jul 7th, 2010

such a nice doctor. good friend of mine recommended him. He had excellent bedside manner and answered all my questions. He is the best!!!

Clara show details Clara
by Clara on Apr 13th, 2010

Best OBGYN I have ever been to! Everyone in my family uses him now and I cant say enouh about him

Great Doc show details Great Doc
by SZ on Feb 25th, 2010

He is truly an excellent Dr. I saw him yesterday, he was caring and compassionate and he even called me this morning to see how I was doing. I wish all doctors were like him.