Dr. David Zehr MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 15th, 2016
Phenomenal Hand Surgeon
Luck was on my side when I was rushed to the ER at Baylor with three near amputated fingers. The ER doctor explained that instead of calling the regular hand Doctor on call, he was going to call Dr. Zehr instead because he was my best chance for regaining full function. He explained that in the 10 years he has been an ER doctor, that many times, the ER doctors at Baylor call him, when he is not on call and he always comes in to do emergent surgery. Nine months later, my fingers are working at 95%. There is no doubt in my mind this result is because of a very skilled surgeon and his wonderful therapist. His staff has been nothing but caring and compassionate - all the while pushing me through what we're at times, somewhat painful therapy protocols to follow. He has explained to me on several occasions that the surgery is the easy part- but the aftercare and therapy rests a lot on me. How true that is. As someone who needs to be able to use my hands to provide for my family, I'll be eternally grateful for Dr. Zehr and his staff

February 17th, 2016
He is one that Dr's and nurses choose to see
Dr. Zehr repaired my hand after another physician completely screwed it up. He is very knowledgable, explained my condition throughly and then made a plan to quickly get my surgery and treatment underway so that I could have use of my full hand again. While he is not they type to be your best friend, I have always been treated with respect and can definitely see his caring side. He tells it like it is and I for one, appreciate that. When I was waiting for surgery three nurses from the hospital told me what a phenomenal surgeon he is as did my primary care physician. I cannot recommend him and his therapist highly enough.

May 14th, 2015
Excellent Surgeon
I saw Dr. Zehr to fix a botched surgery performed by someone else. While I would say his bedside manner is a tad bit abrupt, I wasn't looking for a friend, I was looking for someone to fix my problem and he did. He only gave me a 50% chance he would be able to fix the problem, and he far surpassed my expectations. I even broke the same hand in the post-op period and he was able to fix that as well. The wait time was long--one time I waited until past 7 pm to see him in the office. He was busy in the OR attaching someone's fingers that were cut off in an industrial accident. He is simply the best at what he does. If you need a warm and fuzzy doctor to coddle you, he probably isn't the one you want. BUT, if you want someone that can give you functional use of your hands again, then he is definitely the one. I highly recommend him.

September 12th, 2013
Great doctor
As a post-traumatic amputation patient I feel very fortunate that he was on call the day of my injury. He has been nothing but a professional and warm physician. His office staff is courteous and helpful and his therapist is top notch. I wont ever complain about the wait time, as I was the reason one day that he saw patient's late. Since my injury he has also treated my wife for carpal tunnel. He is not a physician that just rushes to surgery. His conservative treatment and education of what she should and shouldn't do has made such a difference. We recommend him to the moon and back.

July 12th, 2012
RUDE INSINCERE UNCARING UNPROFESSIONAL APATHETIC
Dr Zehr as well as his staff dont care about their patients. They are unprofessional and unorganized. Judy never returns phones calls. Julia is extremely unprofessional. The only reason this doctor has business is because people get in accident everyday .. it isnt due to their manners or customer service. The poor review say it all.

June 7th, 2012
Poor Bedside Manners
Went to him many years ago when a finger was cut off and was a complete jerk. Even one of his office staff emplied that they knew he had been a jerk to me. Had the surgery at a surgery center and he showed up way late, no apology or excuse. The surgery center staff even told me that this was a common practice for him. I have had opportunities to refer him and never have!

September 23rd, 2011
An outstanding surgeon
My dad had a post wrist fracture complication in Pakistan . Dr Zehr and his staff were simply brilliant . From pre op to post op care and physical therapy everything was conducted in a swift and professional manner . Highly recommended as far as I am concerned .

June 13th, 2011
bad mistake!
this is the rudest doctor i have ever seen my husband and i have been there many times and our wait each time gets longer the last was four hours and ten minutes !!!!!!.....the staff is nice and seems too rushed the doctor is very rude and has a very bad bed side manner tries to make it known he is much smarter than you and because of that you are a nobody.... talks you into surgery that will fix a problem and you end up in worse shape then when you came to him and then just say`s oh well that happens sometime ...he also rushes you back to work because he is for workman comp not the patient or the cause it is not him that has to live with a screwed up limb so no sweet off his back and the funny thing is he just got paid thousands of dollar`s to do so.......hmmmm...must be nice

March 19th, 2011
Dr. Zehr changed our lives
My husband severed three fingers in an accident with a bank vault door. We were told in the ER that amputation of two fingers was very likely. Dr. Zehr rushed to the emergency room on his day off (he wasn't even on call) to save my husband's fingers. What he did means the world to me and my family. Without him and his selfless decision to go to work on his day off, our lives would be completely different right now. I am forever grateful and will always think of Dr. Zehr as our hero. None of the other rating criteria on this site should matter when a man's right hand has been saved.

October 30th, 2010
Dr. Zehr is an amazing hand surgeon.

February 8th, 2010
Jerk of a Doctor
This doctor is rude and arrogant. While he is a good hand surgeon, his mannerisms with patients, is poor!!!! He is abrupt, rude and uncaring in his bedside manners.

January 3rd, 2010
Fantastic doctor. Dr. Zehr and his staff are experts in the field of hand surgery. They provided the highest quality of care I have ever received from a medical provider.