Orthopaedic Surgeon, Hand Surgeon
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Kathy Giles on Dec 16th, 2014

Dr Zelouf was highly recommended and I was not disappointed. I was very grateful.

|  Successful Surgery and Excellent Outcome  |  show details
by Steve B. on Nov 19th, 2014

I ruptured my thumb extensor (EPL) and as a musician, was very concerned about repair and my ability to return to my prior level of fretting dexterity after Dr. Z's repair surgery. Dr. Z did a great job explaining the procedure, the recuperative process and the outcomes and was right on, every step of the way, and I was performing live within 7 weeks of the surgery. Sustaining the injury notwithstanding, I couldn't ask for a better process and outcome, and would fully trust Dr. Z if I ever needed hand diagnosis and/or repair in the future. I have already recommended to friends who have also experienced similar satisfaction.

|  proficient doctor with a noble heart  |  show details
Nov 17th, 2014

While my mother visited me from China this year, she fell off a chair and broke her wrist. Because she didn't have health insurance here, the on call doctor from the first hospital tricked us away. We have already planned to send my mom back to China for treatment. Luckily, we met Dr. Zelouf. We were quite impressed about his righteousness. He was quite angry that the on call doctor turned us away and performed manual reduction to my mother's wrist. He is a skillful doctor and the reduction was very successful. Considering this is the standard care in China, we asked him whether we can keep the wrist in cast and skip the surgery. He explained the risk but agreed to do so. Besides, he kindly waived the treatment fee for my mother, which is a big help for my mother financially. Because of his expertise and kind heart, my family was able to spend quality time together. It's been half a year now and my mother's wrist is recovering very well. Thanks Doctor!

|  Healed and Happy  |  show details
by Karen H. on Nov 5th, 2014

I will forever be grateful that my emergency room physicians referred me to Doctor David Zelouf at the Philadelphia Hand Center to perform the surgery that would fix my broken, dislocated arm. The condition is called a Monteggia Fracture and is said to be rare. Doctor Zelouf's skillful surgery and the fantastic Philadelphia Hand Center Occupational Therapists have allowed me to have a flexible and useful arm once again. Thank You All.

|  Thankful  |  show details
by Carrie H. on Oct 11th, 2014

I came to Dr. Zelouf after visiting an orthopedic doctor who said my injury to my hand was good to go after two weeks in a cast, and with never being able to find a reason for my pain, swelling, and bruising with X-rays. After I left said orthopedic doctor's office, I knew something still wasn't right and headed to Dr. Zelouf...and I'm so thankful I did. He was patient and determined to find the cause of my pain - a rare break in my thumb. Dr. Zelouf was mindful about what was best for me, and after trying every outlet to heal the break, the journey finally resulted in surgery. Going into my first ever surgery, I had no nerves whatsoever because I was confident that he would be able to fix me - and that's just what he did! I couldn't be more grateful to have such a kind, caring doctor. Dr. Zelouf is a doctor I would highly recommend.

by Anna Brown on Sep 10th, 2014

We love Dr. Zelouf! He is a true professional and an outstanding surgeon. My brother's arm is almost like new. I would highly recommend him to everyone.

|  Outstanding Physician!  |  show details
by Patrick A. Doyle on Sep 6th, 2014

I had the pleasure of being Dr. Zelouf's patient for the past two years after being referred to him by several physicians that work for me. He is an outstanding surgeon and repaired my TFCC injury without any issues. From start to finish his office staff and their physical therapy department were outstanding! Dr. Zelouf is really passionate in what he does and cares about patients from start to finish. I highly recommend Dr. Zelouf and the Philadelphia Hand Center!

|  Excellent Hand Surgeon  |  show details
by Pete on Sep 5th, 2014

Had Dupuytren's contracture surgery. Dr. Zelouf did an excellent job. Full motion in figure now !

|  Like it never happened  |  show details
by Timothy Vattima on May 24th, 2014

My son had a bad break in his arm close to his wrist from a sports injury. We attempted to have it set that evening but two weeks later, my son's arm literally was crooked! I was very concerned, Dr Zelouf (Dr Z) was recommended by the doctor who attempted to set his arm the first time. Within minutes of our initial visit to Dr Z, he immediately determined that my son's arm would require surgery to fix it. Three months after that surgery, I am unable to even detect where the break was on an xray without Dr Z pointing it out. Very confident in his work, and rightly so, Dr Z is incredible. I trusted him with my son's arm and was completely 100% satisfied with the quality of Dr Z's work. Highly recommended! His Fellows in his office are excellent doctors as well. They have the privilege of working-with and learning-from the Philadelphia area's finest hand surgeon.

|  zelouf is the man  |  show details
by Eric G. on Apr 28th, 2014

After a unsuccessfull surgery on my wrist at another practice I didn't think my wrist would be ever be same, but Dr Zelouf found my pain within 10mins of talking to him and a 3 hr surgery and minimum down time I was back to work in two months after being out a whole year with this wrist. I highly recommend Dr.Zelouf.

by Chuck C on Apr 23rd, 2014

Did a great job fixing a severe torn tendon in my elbow.

|  Top notch hand surgeon!  |  show details
by Michele C. on Mar 26th, 2014

I am happy to report the great success of my recent surgery to remove a “ganglion cyst” from my right wrist which was attached to the tendon. I have confidently returned to Dr. Zelouf after two prior surgeries for same type of cysts in other areas of my wrist which were all successful procedures. One prior cyst was located deep next to the wrist bone. Another cyst which was protruding the surface of my left wrist ended up being much larger than anticipated. I want to share my complete satisfaction on Dr. Zelouf’s skill and professionalism. Although I hope to never return for this same type of procedure, I would highly recommend Dr. Zelouf to family, friends and anyone in need for a remarkable Orthopedic hand surgeon.

|  Saved my elbow and arm!  |  show details
by Lorette V. on Feb 27th, 2014

After an incredibly serious and extensive injury to my elbow and arm, Dr. Zelouf put me back together as good as new! I would highly recommend Dr. Zelouf and his knowledgeable staff at the Phila. Hand Center. Dr. Zelouf and his physical therapists are not only highly competent and experts in their field, but also very caring individuals who want the highest outcomes for your treatment. I am so very thankful to be put in the hands of such wonderful people!

|  Stand Up Doctor  |  show details
by John D. on Feb 7th, 2014

After a bumpy start with Dr. Zelouf, he proved to be an very stand up doctor and he is very thorough with his examine and really wants to make the right diagnosis. I would recommend Dr. Zelouf. In the future, if I continue to have problems with my elbow injury, I would definately go to see Dr. Zelouf again.

|  Recurring Patient  |  show details
by Joe C. on Jan 28th, 2014

Just finished my second go around with Dr. Zelouf. A few years ago he inserted a pin in my right pinky to repair what I believe was a fracture, and this time did a bone graft to repair the scaphoid in my right wrist. Very bad break, as I waited almost 5 years to get it fixed. But now, I have very good motion back in my wrist (as well as my finger from the first surgery), no stiffness or soreness. I want to thank Dr. Zelouf and his staff for the great work they did and how nice they were, and highly recommend Dr. Zelouf for anyone with hand or wrist injuries. Good guy and an even better Doctor.

|  hand surgery at its best  |  show details
by carol kinkaid on Jan 19th, 2014

Dr. Zelouf has handled my elbow (2000) and, my wrist ( 2013) with patience; well as ,surgical accuracy. He spent time explaining what was happening to my elbow and wrist; and, he gave me options so that the ultimate decision regarding these limbs was all mine. I'm not an easy patient to deal with but Dr. Zelouf took my personality into account and handled me accordingly. ( I love asking questions and barging into people's thoughts!) Although these surgical experiences were not without pain; I was soothed by Dr. Zelouf's understanding approach to me.

|  wrist repair  |  show details
by sue m on Jan 10th, 2014

In feb.2013 I had an accident which resulted in fractures in my wrist. After having surgery locally, my hand healed crooked. Everywhere I went I was asked what happened to my hand. Upon seeing Dr.Zelouf and two surgeries later my hand is perfect. I think he is the greatest and really knows what he is doing. I have learned my lesson. If I would need any medical attention, I will be on my way to see the greatest Dr.Zelouf.

|  Excellent Surgeon, repaired a complex injury  |  show details
by Sandra Torres on Jan 8th, 2014

Dr. Zelouf did an excellent job of repairing a complex injury in and around my right elbow. After my injury the first doctor placed my arm in a cast. Dr. Zelouf knew immediately that this was not the best course of action and that my injury required surgical repair. Within a matter of days he was able to do the proceedure. This was my right arm so it was critical that I get it properly treated. I was able to start a new job several weeks after the surgery and within a short period of time my range of movement was surprisingly good. Now, six months later, I have returned to almost full range of motion and can use my arm freely in my daily activities. I am very grateful to Dr. Zelouf for his skill and attention to detail and would recommend him to anyone facing orthopedic challenges,

|  hand injury  |  show details
by David on Dec 31st, 2013

I hurt my hand at work and came to see Dr Zelouf in the Center City office. They took xrays right in the office which was very convenient. He was straight forward but he diagnosed my problem quickly and correct. He gave me a splint and I have gotten much better. I did not wait too long for my appointment and I was there for a total of about an hour. I would certainly recommend Dr Zelouf.

|  BETTER THE ROTHMAN INSTITUTE  |  show details
by krystal d on Dec 18th, 2013

,I went to my pcp Dr kessel, he told me I was faking when I knew my hand was still hurting me and could not lift a gallon of milk up with it.when I first met the Dr. Zelouf I knew I was in good hands .I had my surgery which was a torn ligament in my wrist. went for a follow up and I didn't even need physical therapy . I recommend anyone who has a problem with your hands go to the Philadelphia hand center. thank you for helping me get my hand back .

by Brian C. on Dec 5th, 2013

I was having pain in my right wrist for a few weeks. I saw another professional who sent me for x-rays and an MRI. He was unable to diagnose the problem and gave me a cortizone shot to ease the pain. After a few weeks, the pain returned. A friend of mine who worked for Dr Zelouf recommended I see him. I'm glad I did! At my first appointment, I informed Dr Zelouf what I had been told and what was done by the previous professional. Once he felt my wrist where the pain was, he informed me I had a ganglion cyst. I chose to have the cyst removed on Oct 9, 2013. It is now Dec 5, 2013, and I am completely pain free. There is little to no obvious signs of my incision. In my opinion, Dr Zelouf is the best in the business. He's a straight shooter with no nonsense. He did such a good job on me, that my mother is now seeing him for an ongoing problem. I highly recommend him.

|  Review for Dr. David Zelouf  |  show details
by Janice R. Cusumano on Nov 21st, 2013

I was on vacation in Florida and broke my wrist. After having been seen by a doctor in the Tampa Bay area, I returned home to Pennsylvania, and knew something was not right. I scheduled my visit with Dr. Zelouf, and he took a look. He gave me the news I was hoping NOT to hear, the doctor that had treated me in Florida, did not treat me the aggressively . He did assure me that he was going to do his best to fix the issue. Well, he did more than fix what was wrong, he saved the use of my left hand. I have had three surgeries on this hand, all done by Dr. Zelouf. He had a big job to do, and he exceeded all expectations that I had about the use of my hand in the future. I owe him so much. He is truly a miracle worker! I also have almost no scar, despite the fact that he went into the same area three times, due to the hardware causing tendon ruptures and then scar tissue that caused constant pain. The pain is now gone. When I am asked what caused my scar, when it is seen, usually by healthcare individuals, I tell them all about Dr. David Zelouf and what a great doctor he is and suggest that if they ever need a hand surgeon, he is the man to contact. He also operated on my youngest daughter's hand a few years later, after she was in a car accident, and the airbag tore the ligament in her left thumb. I have sent several of my friends /relatives to see Dr. Zelouf, and all have been happy with the care he has given to their individual issues. There should be 10 stars because that is what he deserves!

|  Carpal tunnel patient  |  show details
by K on Nov 11th, 2013

My family doctor recommended a few years ago for me to see a hand specialist (thought it was carpal tunnel) and he recommended Philadelphia Hand Center in K of P. It was very easy to get an appointment. I met Dr. Zelouf and he recommended I get testing on both hands to determine the breadth of the problem. Went back for the results and one hand was worse than the other. I was a good candidate for carpal tunnel on my right hand but it was my decision. I went for it and was so glad I did. That was about 1 1/2 years ago. Just had the left hand done at the beginning of October. Once again very glad I did it. Dr. Zelouf and his team at the office and the hospital were great. To me, this was a fairly routine surgery in the scheme of things and I feel the attention and treatment I received was good. My recovery was quick. People who see my scar 6 weeks later are amazed at how good they look and how well I'm healing. I would definitely recommend him if anyone needs carpal tunnel. Thanks Doc.

|  Outstanding Hand Surgeon  |  show details
by Toby Avery on Nov 10th, 2013

Dr. Zelouf is an outstanding hand surgeon. I went to him after injuring my wrist in a fall. An MRI revealed a torn ligament, which he successfully repaired with orthroscopic surgery. He is personable and spends as much time as needed to diagnose and explain the problem and treatment options. I highly recommend him.

|  Utility Worker  |  show details
by Daniel C. on Nov 4th, 2013

Want to thank Dr Zelouf and his team at Lankenau Hospital for the great job of treating a serious injury to my left bicep/tendon. He diagnosed the injury, then explained in detail exactly what needed to happen in surgery to restore my arm to full strength. There were no surprises, no complications, and every question or concern I had was answered completely and directly. I would highly recommend Dr Zelouf and his associates to anyone in a similar situation. If I could sum it up in 2 words: Expert Care

|  Good Experience  |  show details
by MELINDA on Nov 1st, 2013

I had surgery with Dr Zelouf after I fell and hurt my hand at work a few months ago. I had a pretty quick recovery. I was out of work for almost 9 weeks but now I'm 100% and no pain. Sometimes I had to wait a little in his office but it was worth the time. He is a nice doctor and seems to care a lot. I would definitely recommend him to my friends.

|  The Worst Doctor I have ever seen!!  |  show details
by John D on Oct 21st, 2013

Dr. Zelouf has the worst bed side manner. I have an elbow injury and he continued to push and pull on my injury. He was arrogant and plain unprofessional. I would not let this man care for my cat let alone an injury I have had for 7 months. He was very uncaring and a complete jerk!!! Would not recommend this man to anyone who has been hurt on the job. I would not recommend him to anyone.

Doctor's Response

I'm so sorry you find me arrogant and unprofessional. I do my best to examine every patient to make a proper diagnosis. Good luck to you.

|  Best second opinion I ever got!!  |  show details
by Susan K on Jul 27th, 2013

I recently fell and broke my wrist and went to Bryn Mawr emergency. The orthopedics that was recommended wanted to do surgery and put a plate in. Not feeling good about the surgery I contacted Dr. Zelouf. I immediately felt at ease with his bedside manner! After examining the x-ray, Dr. Zelouf was shocked to hear that surgery was recommended and immediately called the first doctor I went to. I had a cast for one week and a splint for three weeks. After a few weeks of therapy I was discharged. I highly recommend Dr. Zelouf!!!!

|  Best hand surgeon!  |  show details
by Linda E on Jul 15th, 2013

I've had two surgeries with Dr. Zelouf. In 2010 he saved my finger after a very unusual break. Last month I had carpal tunnel surgery. The professionalism of the staff is superior to all my other experiences. As promised, this recovery has been without pain. My hand has stopped going numb and the scars are very minimal. I would recommend Dr. Zelouf very highly.

|  Hand Surgery  |  show details
by Linda Roberts on Jun 28th, 2013

Dr. Zelouf if a fantastic surgeon making sure everything is done perfectly. If you have surgery with him you can be confident you will get excellent results. It is important to go to the best!

by Travis C. on Jun 27th, 2013

I am typically not someone who writes reviews, so the fact that I am endorsing Dr. Zelouf shows how impressed I was with his work. He did an excellent job fixing the 3 breaks in my hand. This was my first experience with a broken bone and subsequent surgery. Dr. Zelouf's skill and confidence eased all of my concerns throughout the process. I was incredibly satisfied with my experience at the Philadelphia Hand Center and would highly recommend Dr. Zelouf.

|  double hand fracture after fall  |  show details
by Anne L. on Jun 26th, 2013

Dr. Zelouf did an excellent job repairing my fracture after a trip on the sidewalk. He saw me in one day and scheduled surgery the next morning. He allowed me to ask questions and his office was responsive to complications that developed during the recovery. He was not overly hasty to operate a second time but allowed me to do therapy to correct scar tissue adhesions that prevented full motion. He was patient and encouraging when it seemed a second surgery might be required. I am so thankful for his thoughtful care.

|  BE WARNED.  |  show details
Jun 11th, 2013

If you are seeing this doctor for and IME take a camera and tape recorder. Luckily I was able to video the entire abusive visit as our attorney will be using it in court. I cannot speak on him if he is not hired out for and IME, but if he is, be warned. After telling him that my thumb did not bend...he proceeded with force to make it bend with ZERO warning. I screamed loud enough that it drew attention to the exam room. He was probably the most UNPROFESSIONAL medical professional I have EVER met and ended the visit by CUSSING at us.

Doctor's Response

Lots of accusations here. There was no "cussing" and I'm still waiting for the video to prove it.

|  Simply Amazing!  |  show details
by Siobhan C. on Jun 2nd, 2013

Dr. Zelouf didn't just save my hand, but made my scar near invisible. As a young woman in my 20's, not having a big ugly scar on my hand is a relief! Dr. Zelouf made such a perfect incision and stitched it with such care that it is almost invisible unless you are right on top of it. He also made me feel at ease when he did his initial consultation. I was so worried that as an artist, my thumb would never work the same again, but he assured me that no matter what, he would do it best, and not to worry. Turns out he was right. I have full range of motion, and no issues at all. I now have developed a cyst on my other hand, I know that he is going to be the man to remove it. I wouldn't trust my valuable hands to anyone else! Thank you Dr. Z!!!

|  Dr. Z is the best.  |  show details
by Frank Kelly on May 25th, 2013

When i fell and broke my wrist years ago, Dr. Zelouf fixed me up quite righteously and i never had any problems. With therapy, my hand became 100% again. Recently i fell and broke the same wrist while training for a run. When i got hooked up to Dr. Z again at the Philadelphia Hand Center, I actually felt relief and almost looked forward to my upcoming surgery. I felt that my problem was being treated by the best possible doctor. Highly recommended. And he even helped me get rigged for the marathon that i was able to complete only one week after surgery. That was much appreciated. You are in good hands with Dr. Zelouf and the Philadelphia Hand Center. I am returning to work after only a month's recuperation. Beat that !

by Patty K on May 24th, 2013

I first met Dr Zelouf in 2005 after having seen two other Drs for my hand. They could not figure out what was wrong. I was recommended to go see Dr. Zelouf. During my first visit he found out my problem, performed surgery two days later and my hand has been perfect ever since. I would highly recommend him to anyone who has a problem with their hands. I was in to see him for my other hand on Thursday 05-23-13 and he immediately recognized the problem and took care of it right then and there. Dr Zelouf is a great doctor with a great personality.

|  Disgrace  |  show details
by Daniel on May 8th, 2013

I had hand surgery 3xs,by a different doctor which isn't healing. The incision wont close, its so deep you can see my tendons. I have been sick for many years , I see many good doctors who do their best to help me. Unfortunately I struggle on a daily basis with my health. That being said I went to Dr. zelouf to see if he could help with my arm. I left that office so upset I couldn't even lay down to nap. My blood pressure went through the roof. He told me he couldn't help till I got healthy, I'm too sick to fix., , to go see a nutritionist. He had a very nasty bedside manner. If I could be healthy I would be. Isn't his job to help ? He made me feel even more sick.

Doctor's Response

The truth hurts Daniel. The reason your wound would not heal was because of your poor nutritional status, not to mention that nasty cigarette habit. I apologize if i hurt your feelings, but if you cannot take ownership of your issues, your wound will never heal.

|  Physical Therapist  |  show details
by John W on Feb 25th, 2013

I am a PT who had been having carpal tunnel symptoms for close to 2 years. Some of the folks I spoke with who had had the CT release surgery were not happy with their results so I was leery and was trying to treat it with specific stretching, etc. until the symptoms became intolerable. Dr. Zelouf performed the surgery and I knew within a few days I had made the right decision. Now, 2 months later the hand feels great. I would recommend Dr. Z to anyone.

by Cheryl on Feb 23rd, 2013

I went to see Dr Zelouf late last year. My hand was so sore from Arthritis. Dr Zelouf suggested that he operate on my hand. I waited untill September 2012. Dr Zelouf was a very caring doctor. After a few weeks of physical therapy my hand was still sore and swollen. We decided to hold up on any more therapy. Now 5 months later my hand is so much better. I do not have any of the severe pain I was experiencing. Dr Zelouf really helped me. I just want to say "thank you"

Feb 20th, 2013

GENIUINE & PROFFESSIONAL. Dr Zelouf's assesment of my hand injury is/was incredible. He discussed every possible approach and chose the most appropriate for my case. My hand injury is more complicated than most and is involving two surgies. I had the first surgery and will have the 2nd in a couple months. Dr Zelouf made me feel comfortable and confident. He did a REMARKABLE job! The most important thing as a patient is being diligent with hand therapy. It may be painful but you will get the results that Dr Zelouf knows his surgery accomplished. You and he are a team working together to maximize healling and ultimately getting full functionality back in your hand(s.)

|  saw injury  |  show details
Feb 5th, 2013

I had a very bad hand injury at work and Dr. Zelouf came highly recommended (from people in the medical field). I was extremely happy with the surgery he performed. The physical therapist was also great. I don't think my hand would be where it is now without the Philadelphia Hand Center. I highly recommend Dr. Zelouf to anyone with any hand problems

by Roz Schwartz on Feb 1st, 2013

Great hand surgeon in the Philadelphia area. Very caring and patient. Easy to talk to and when I had surgery I knew I was in good hands. Came highly requirement from my daughter who is an attorney

|  Exceptional Doctor, Staff, and Experience  |  show details
Nov 27th, 2012

Dr. David S. Zelouf, M.D., and his staff, were truly a pleasure to deal with. I had 2 carpal tunnel surgeries on both of my hands by Dr. Zelouf, and he was amazing. Both surgeries were done wtih impeccable expertise, and were as successful as a surgery could possibly be. I wish all my doctors were like Dr. Zelouf. He was professional, knowledgeable, empathic, and all with excellent interpersonal skills and a fantastic sense of humor. He really cares about his patients, and it shows. You can just feel it. I can't say enough good things about Dr. David S Zelouf, and his staff. I've had a more than a handful of different surgeries so far in my life, and these 2 carpal tunnel surgeries done by Dr. Zelouf and his staff were BY FAR the best surgeries I had in terms of both EXPERTISE and GREAT RESULTS! I also got a cortisone shot by Dr. Zelouf fr trigger finger, and somehow he even made that uncomfortable situation almost pleasureable due to his professionalism, and his ability to create a calm, trusting atmosphere - and of course, due to him performing the shot perfectly, as I now have zero symptoms of carpal tunnel in both hands, and have zero symptoms of trigger finger. Zero! (as in none!) Incredible. I now have 2 BRAND NEW HANDS thanks to Dr. Zelouf, and his staff. I would recommend him to anyone AND everyone. You can't get a better doctor than him, and he deserves recognition. Thank you, Dr Zelouf, for making my surgeries and procedures easy, and ending with PERFECT results. I couldn't ask for more. Thank you so very much!

|  Surgery to repair a severe power saw wound to my left arm  |  show details
Nov 18th, 2012

Surgery was good enough that the wound site shows almost no evidence of the very severe laceration from contact with a bandaw. Eight (8) repairs were needed to the tendons. Thanks to the surgery and the excellent physical therapy at the hand center I have regained full use of my left hand.

|  wrist fracture  |  show details
Nov 15th, 2012

Dr Zelouf is a quick, to-the-point, no nonsense doctor who is extremely knowledgeable and very, very good at his profession. I had a complicated Colles fracture and 2 1/2 months after the surgery have complete use of my hand with only some residual stiffness that is slowly disappearing. He is a wonderful surgeon. I would recommend him highly.

|  R. R. Garcia  |  show details
Oct 26th, 2012

Dr. Zelouf performed two surgery procedures: One on my hand the second on the wrist of the same hand. For the first time in months the same night of surgery I was able to sleep the entire night without the nagging pain that was always there. Both the doctor and his staff are outstanding. The follow-up appointmet went as smoothly as all prior appointments. I have and will continue to recommend Dr. Zelouf to all who will listen -

Oct 26th, 2012

Excellent doctor. Professional, courteous and caring. He is no nonsense and very thorough. I would highly recommend him to anyone for hand, etc. problems. TJS - a recent patient

|  I highly recommend this doctor.  |  show details
Oct 8th, 2012

My experience(s) from first visit through diagnosis and two carpal tunnel surgeries and recoveries was excellent. Dr. Zelouf was very professional, explained the procedure, answered all my questions, took as much time as I needed, and was pleasant and competent. I am very satisfied with the results and would not hesitate to recommend him to friends/family who may require hand surgery in the future.

|  Professional Skilled Surgeon  |  show details
Oct 4th, 2012

After the birth of my daughter, I started to experience pain in my wrists from overuse of my thumb. I was diagnosed with de Quervain's tenosynovitis and had been dealing with the pain for over a year. Being a musician, the pain got worse when I would practice. At my first appointment with Dr. Zelouf, it didn't take long for him to examine, diagnose and recommend treatment. He explained what was causing the pain and that surgery would be the best option. He told me what he would do in the surgery and what it would do for me. He did exactly what he said and now, I'm pain-free and have full mobility! Thank you, Dr. Zelouf!

Jul 19th, 2012

I would definitely recommend Dr Zelouf. He was able to quickly and accurately make a diagnosis and plan of care. He was very direct and made sure to answer all my questions. I was very happy with the surgery he did; he helped me to get on the right track to regain the function of my arm/hand.

|  Really Needed "More Stars"  |  show details
May 4th, 2012

I can't say enough good things about this practice. From my first appointment to my last, I was always treated with respect and concern. My first meeting with Dr. Zalouf was filled with all the necessary information to tell me what needed to be done - no doubt about it - he knew what he was talking about. After performing the surgery I was scheduled for physical therapy. Again I was taken care of with kid gloves - always explaining what had to be done and why. There is no doubt I would definitely recommend Dr. Zelouf to my family and friends. He is a special man and makes his patient feel special too. Thank you so much for all you've done to make my hand "perfect".

Apr 24th, 2012

Doesnt give you the time to talk

Apr 23rd, 2012

I had arthritis in my left thumb and wore a brace for years. I finally decided to follow my ortho's advise & went to The Hand Center. My best decision ever!! Dr. Zelouf operated on my hand and now I have full use of my left hand without pain for the first time in years. I can't praise him enough.

|  Thumbs up!  |  show details
Feb 1st, 2012

very happy with the work of Dr. Zelouf!!

|  William and Paula Stuhltrager  |  show details
Jan 18th, 2012

We found Dr. Zelouf to be great hand surgeon! This was the second time that an infection from gout needed surgery. We were impressed how quickly that the office vist and the surgery were scheduled. Dr. Zelouf and his office staff are amazing, friendly, caring and very professional. When dealing with a serious infection, Dr. Zelouf made sure that I had the best care possible to preserve my hand/fingers. Much thanks for his skills and talent! I cannot say enough good about this fine Dr.! THANK YOU AGAIN DR. ZELOUF!

|  Anthony Radico  |  show details
Dec 30th, 2011

I tore my left tricep, almost all the way off while working. I was comfortable with Dr. Zelouf and his staff from the start. He is straight forward and explained everything in a way I was able to understand. He has multiple office locations and his staff is friendly and accommodating. Hopefully I will not need the services of Dr. Zelouf again, but if I do, he will be the first Doctor I call.

|  Margie Quinn  |  show details
Dec 28th, 2011

My wrist was broken, due to a bad fall on hard rough concrete. Dr. Zelouf's office scheduled an appointment on the day of my fall, provided a thoroughexplanation of his recommended surgicalprocedure, and performed surgerywithin three days of my accident. The follow-up care that I received subsequent to surgery was remarkable, and the surgical scar is barely visible.My wrist works fine and continues tostrengthen.The entire process was impressive, efficient and included the highest levelof courtesy.

|  ryan  |  show details
Dec 18th, 2011

I was involved in a serious farm accident and Dr. Zelouf did a wonderful job of trying to save my hand but after 6 weeks it was decided that amputation was the best option. He was always straight forward and took the time to explain my options and answer my questions. He performed a nerve transfer surgery to restore movement in my bicep which was very successful. I'm very thankful Dr. Zelouf was on call the day I was brought into Jefferson Hospital. I couldn't have asked for a better doctor.

Dec 17th, 2011

No long wait time for first appt. Office appt was prompt. Surgery was explained and went as expected. "New" procedure made surgery and recovery much easier. Quick, Easy, Great outcome, Quality Surgeon.

|  michael lorino  |  show details
Dec 9th, 2011

after seeing another hand specialist(who spent 15 seconds with me)i went to dr zelouf and what a wise decision it was. i had a mallet finger injury although surgery wasnt necessary i was put in a splint for approx 10 weeks and couldnt be happier with the results. dr zelouf was more than a patient could ask for. he examined me( and even look at an existing injury) explained what i should expect and how to care for splint. my finger is now as good as new. i will refer my family and friends to dr zelouf knowing they are in great hands. thanks again dr zelouf

|  Very successful surgery  |  show details
Dec 8th, 2011

Dr. Zelouf did a wonderful job of repairing my left wrist, that was causing me pain, as a result of a collapse after a break 6-years ago.Dr. Zelouf was very clear about my options and the surgical procedure he would use. He also gave me an estimate of the amount of movement that I might loose.The surgery went better than expected.I would highly recommend Dr. Zelouf to anyone suffering with a wrist problem.

|  worst doctor I have ever met  |  show details
Sep 22nd, 2011

Dr. Zelouf couldn't care less about me. He was completely obnoxious and had no interest in helping me get better. I did not have a surgical issue, so since it was not surgical, he didn't want anything to do with me. I would not recommend him to my worst enemy.

Jul 6th, 2011

Dr. Zelouf's surgical skills provided me with an excellent outcome for my problem. Office appointments both before and after surgery were always on time. His bedside manner is very comfortable. I would highly recommend Dr. Zelouf to friends and family.

Jun 13th, 2011

This is the second time my family has utilized the services of Dr. Zelouf. In both instances, he and his staff were quite professional and his surgical skills proved to be outstanding, providing excellent outcomes. I have recommended and will continue to recommend Dr. Zelouf to friends and family.

Feb 24th, 2011

Dr. Zelouf and his entire staff provided excellent medical care for my daughter's wrist fracture. Both doctor and staff were very compassionate, personable and friendly, making a difficult situation much less stressful for us. Excellent medical expertise, very professional and accommodating office.

|  Very Pleased  |  show details
Feb 17th, 2011

I had chronic pain in both my hands at the base of my thumb. The pain was was so bad that it was interfering with my daily activities. My rheumatologist had recommended Dr. Zelouf to me. I asked him why Dr. Zelouf. He responded that he sees the best results when Dr. Zelouf performs the surgery. I had my right hand done in March 2010. The surgery was completely successful and the pain is gone. I was so happy with the results that I had my left hand done in October 2010. Again, I was very pleased with the results. I am fully recovered and the pain is gone! I have full confidence in Dr. Zelouf and would highly recommend him!!

Jan 20th, 2011

Someone recommended Dr. Zelouf to me after I fell and broke my wrist. His office staff were warm and friendly. Dr. Zelouf was very professional and I knew I was in very good hands. I thank him for the good results I have had in my healing and would strongly recommend him to others in similar situations.

|  Finest Hand Surgeon in Philadelphia  |  show details
Jan 11th, 2011

It is comforting to know that you are entering a surgical procedure with great confidence because of the skilled doctor performing the surgery. Dr. Zelouf is superb! I feel blessed to have him as my doctor.

|  Successful result  |  show details
Jan 11th, 2011

I went to see Dr. Zelouf for a second opinion regarding tendon repair and wrist pain from rheumatoid arthritis. Since my first opinion (from a very reputable doctor) was for a total wrist fusion, which would leave me with no wrist movement at all, I was looking forward to a second opinion. My profession is in computer systems, so I need my hands. Dr. Zelouf spent a good deal of time with me determining what he thought was the best course of action. He performed surgery, a tendon transfer and removed part of my ulna, but no fusion, and I am extremely happy with the results. 2 months later I am back to work full time. You need to draw his personality out, but that is a tradeoff for the excellent knowledge and expertise. I would recommend him highly for hand surgery.

Jan 7th, 2011

Very compassionate, personable & friendly. He made going in to surgery less stressful.

Dec 27th, 2010

A little stiff at first visit but once I got him going laughing, he was a gem. After that he came out smiling all the time.

|  Just what I needed  |  show details
Dec 22nd, 2010

Dr. Zelouf was very professional and caring. I am a Physical Therapy Assistant and I had been suffering for months with DeQuervain's Syndrome. I had received a cortisone shot from another doctor with little to no results. I had even tried Occupational Therapy, with little results as well. Dr Zelouf told me that my "DeQ" was really bad. And, that surgery was the best thing for it. I was reluctant to have surgery because I had heard that the recovery was worst than carpal tunnel surgery recovery. Not the case with Dr. Zelouf. He performed my surgery on Nov. 11th, it is Dec 22nd and my hand feels great. I am an avid sport motorcycle rider, I train in weight lifting and martial arts, and I have a demanding job where I'm frequently lifting and positioning elderly patients. All these things require me to be pain free and have strength and flexibility in my right wrist. I feel like I can return to my prior level of activity because of Dr. Zelouf. And to make it even better, I can barely see the scar. I can't even lie about my scar and make up a story about a crazy bar fight! I recommend him for any and all orthopedic hand disorders.

|  Hand Dr.  |  show details
Dec 16th, 2010

Had a very good experience with Dr. Zelouf..I didn't have to wait in the office which was very important to me.. I recovered very quick and didn't have any problems with my surgery..

Dec 15th, 2010

I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Zelouf after an unfortunate accident I had affecting my finger/hand. From the moment we met, his quick diagnosis and treatment has helped me regain the use of my hand. His professionalism and genuine caring makes him stand out from most other doctors. He is extremely knowledgeable and explained to me my injury so as I was reassured and comfortable in his care. I would HIGHLY recommend him as I feel he is an expert in his field.

|  very good doctor  |  show details
by Avijit on Aug 4th, 2010

excellent behavior ! takes proper decision regarding surgery. I'm thankful to him for operating my thumb at the right moment.

|  Best treatment in the worst situation  |  show details
by Shari on Mar 24th, 2010

Dr. Zelof took care of my husband after a bad accident in his workshop, and thanks to him, he's recovered the use of his hand. We are really grateful for his excellent treatment. Thank you.

|  If you need a hand, go to someone else  |  show details
Nov 4th, 2009

Dr. Zelouf was quick to dismiss my symptoms, take my co-pay and shoo me out the door. He failed to make a diagnosis, prescribe treatment or offer advice. He only looked at a piece of paper from an intern. He didn't even TOUCH my hands! Very displeased with his 'care' and would not recommend him to anyone seeking actual help for their pain.

Doctor's Response

I apologize if I could not make a diagnosis in your case. I do take issue with your accusation that I did not even "touch" your hands. I examine all patients myself, and do my best to formulate a reasonable treatment plan.

Feb 12th, 2009

This doctor is terrible. He does not care or listen to his patient. He is condescending and a disgrace to his profession. He said in as many words that my pain is in my head. I would not recommend him to anyone.