Dr. Dawn Goulding Is this you?

7 Ratings • 1 Comment

Have you seen Dr. Dawn Goulding?

Feeling judged

Posted on December 19th, 2014

I received a surprising diagnosis of HPV from Dr. Goulding. When I heard the diagnosis I became very upset and faint, having to lay down on the table and prop up my feet. Dr. Goulding told me very little about the HPV diagnosis except that it was incurable, that there were a couple of treatment options, and that I must abstain from intercourse. When she saw that I was notably upset she said that it was a lot to process and she would give me time to digest the information. So meanwhile, I was left to sit in a room crying my eyes out and thinking that my life was coming to an end. She returned and gave me a print out about HPV. I had never felt so alone in a diagnosis and felt as though I was tainted and uniformed about my health status. Dr. Goulding also made some comments about my personal life, even going so far as to suggest breaking up with my boyfriend (at a visit prior to my diagnosis). I was also told that I could not schedule an appointment with a different physician for my treatment at her office. I will say that she is very good if there is nothing wrong with you. If you are 100% healthy with no past mistakes, you will probably be happy with her services. However, through my experiences I have walked away feeling judged.

Posted on August 23rd, 2017