Dr. Dawn Huggins-Jones MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 26th, 2015
dr. huggins-jones, best doctor ever!!
She takes her time explaining everything with you, she doesnt do the 1minute talk then out like most doctors. Shes the best doctor i've ever met, and gets back to you even after office hours to let you know about lab results.

July 2nd, 2014
Dr Jones is the BEST!!
Simply the BEST!!!! That down home feeling that you are family. Dr Jones spends time with you, she always has a smile....

November 6th, 2013
Best Doctor
I miss this doctor so much, that I expect every doctor that I see to be like her. She was my doctor in New York. She never rushed me, never made me feel like cattle, or like she never cared . All I can say is she is awesome, and I miss her so so much.

July 26th, 2013
Great Doctor
I've been seeing Dr. Huggins-Jones for the past 5 years and I have never had a bad experience. She is easy to talk with as well as giving a thorough exam. She actually cares about how you feel and does everything she can to help in any way. The few times I've called her office to ask a question, she has always called me back herself. This in itself means a lot.

September 27th, 2012
rescheduled my appointment several times for her own personal reasons. I guess she had better things to do than come into the office and honor my appointment. Her staff does not remember to document scheduled appointments. She seemed clueless as to why I was at my appointment. I should not know what is going on more than my doctor. Good beside manner (interacts well as a person) but seemed clueless on actual doctor stuff. I recommend you find a different OBGYN at a different practice, this one is terrible

September 19th, 2012
Awesome Doctor!
I found my experience with Dr Jones to be one of the best ever. She is very knowledgeable and addresses even those issues outside her expertise. She listens to your concerns and finds resolution. I am 42 years old and have seen many gyn's in my lifetime. I have never been made to feel more at ease and comfortable than I have in her care. She truly does care about your well being and does not hesitate to make referals for issues outside of her practice when needed. She does not make you feel like just another dollar sign coming in the door. She takes all the time needed to address all your concerns. And although this may sometimes put her off schedule and create a longer wait time to see her I would not go anywhere else knowing she is giving someone else the same courtesy and thoroughness I have always received in her care! She personally follows up with her patients in a timely fashion. I Highly recommend this doctor! If you don't care if your health care provider is interested in you as an individual on a personal level then look elsewhere. She's the best!!!

January 24th, 2011
great doctor
Really cares about her patients, very thorough. only complaint: kinda hard to understand what she is saying at times.

September 27th, 2010
Very personable and informative

February 1st, 2010
Poor Patient Care
When I scheduled my appointment, I was told that Dr. Huggins-Jones could provide both my GYN visit as well as a general physical. At the time, I was experiencing pain in my toe and inquired as to whether it was broken. The physical exam was extremely brief and I had to remind the doctor about my toe before she left the room. I was referred for x-rays and went immediately to have them done. I had to wait 3 business days and a weekend for the results from the doctor. I called a couple of times to check-in regarding the results, noting my severe pain and was met with rude and apathetic receptionists. At the conclusion of the second business day (after a weekend), I requested that the practice follow-up with the radiology department, noting that I was told the results would be no longer than 24 hours. This request was ignored and I subsequently followed-up with the radiology department, only to find out that the results were sent to the practice the very same day I had the x-rays taken. When I called the practice to notify them of this, I was once again met with rudeness and no apology for the delay. The doctor didn't follow-up with me until the next day, leaving a vague voice mail of the results and barely apologizing for the delay, noting that there was some confusion and they thought I was waiting for ultrasound results. I returned the call and requested a return phone call from the doctor. I never received a return call from her and this was well over 2 weeks ago. I chose to get treated at a different doctor due to the lack of patient care.

September 4th, 2009
Cynthia Pettis
Dr Huggins Jones is very professional. She is extremely easy to talk to about any problem and, is very understanding. She is great at following up. I would highly recommend her to my family and friends.

December 29th, 2008
Worth the Wait
Dr. Huggens-Jones is phenomenal. Yes, the wait was a bit much but overall it was worth it to me. She is a real woman, addressing real women issues and problems. She is not at all condensending like some physicians can be, but rather accepting, easy to talk to, upbeat, friendly and most of all KNOWLEDGEABLE! She is good, very good and I will not seek care from anyone else. Period. Yes it may be a wait to see her or get in for an appointment but don't short change yourself.

December 12th, 2008
I felt very comfortable with the doctor. She is very easy to talk to, ask questions, and is so informative.