Overall Review

July 28th, 2016
Great
Excellent provider, spends a lot of time with every patient.

February 1st, 2016
She's awesome.! She sits with you and actually listens and picks up what may be helpful to treat you. She's not pushy, too busy for you, or condescending in any way. She certainly knows her medicines, symptoms, and treatments; plus she gives you a say and opinion with your own treatment. I'm in my fifties and no doctor has ever seemingly cared if I feel better as a whole or even come back for that matter. . I love her. The patients I know personally do, and she loves and cares for us as well. I would recommend her to anyone except I don't want her to be too busy, bc she'd work even more long hours to make sure she helps every single one! Her nurses and staff treat you like family, and are always helpful and knowledgeable.

January 15th, 2015
greatest dr. i have ever been to.

August 14th, 2014
An excellent, caring physician.
Dr. MacFarland is very thorough, an excellent diagnostician and one of the best physicians I have had. She CARES about her patients and is RESPECTFUL of her patients - an attribute that is sadly lacking among physicians in our area. I would recommend Dr. MacFarland to anyone who is interested in a physician who excels in her profession.

May 30th, 2014
Patient
I have been a patient of Dr. Macfarland, MD since she started her profession. She has went above and beyond to meet my medical needs. She takes time to listen to her patients. You are not herded in and out like cattle, as now days is an issue with most doctors. I don't feel that I am treated like merely another account number.

March 8th, 2014
Poor patient service
The hospital staff at St Mary's did not have anything good to say about Mrs Macfarland. My father was in the hospital waiting to be discharged by Ms MacFarland for 12 hours and the hospital tried calling her and paging her with no response back. THIS IS NOT HOOD PATIENT CARE and her compassion just is not there.

March 13th, 2013
in my opinon, its who you know for her to like you. it depends on who you are to keep being a client there. i know this from being there. it dont matter whats wrong. i did not get the care i needed from there, even when i told them what was wrong. they still didnt take care of it.

March 8th, 2013
304-523-5555
She is caring, compassionate, and kind. Always takes my input seriously and tells me what I need to know in plain language. Dr. Dawn is very thorough and persistent! She makes you feel like you are family. Her confidence and skills are very reassuring. Brenda and Ashley are always so kind and welcoming. I feel truly blessed WV has not lost Dr. Dawn MacFarland. I wish this site had her accurate address: is in the building across from the new Huntington High School her phone number is still 304-523-5555.

July 9th, 2012
dont care much about patients anymore
joined kdmc in proctorville, didnt send letters that couldnt see her patients until her office had been closed for almost a month. then didnt bother telling ones she had treated for years that kings daughters would not allow her to treat you if had chronic pain(which she diagnosed) notice would have been considerate. guess lining pockects has become more important than her patients hate to see this with her

April 27th, 2010
4 1/2 hrs at dr. visit
I arrived at office at 3:20pm and did not leave until 7:40pm!!!!!!!