Dr. David Atefi MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

April 6th, 2016
Very nice and his nurse always answers my question and a real sweetheart I love Ms. Milly.

November 21st, 2015
Gave me Harvoni to teat Hep-C. At 1st it was going to be 12 weeks, but then Dr Atefi let his med asst talk him into 8 weeks desite my drug insurance willing to pay for 12 weeks. After 4 weeks went by I got my blood tested and was told the tests were negative. Didn't have Hep-C any longer and should get tested again in anoter 4 weeks. I moved to another state, but told my new doctor I needed to get tested for Hep-C again. I was tested gain and no show positive. That the Hep-C is still there. This doctor is useless and let's his incompetent med asst. should be in another line of work because she tells the doctor what to do, rather than the other way around. See another doctor. Dr Atefi is dangerous.

September 9th, 2014
He is a very good doctor.

January 5th, 2011
I saw Dr. Atefi a few times for a couple of problems. He was very friendly & thorough with some things. However, he actually laughed when I asked about the possibility of gallstones. An ultrasound was done in his office, showing multiple gallstones - one week later my gallbladder was removed. (His office didn't even notify me about the results until 3 days after I scheduled an appt. w/ a surgeon myself. The ultrasound technician told me my gallbladder was full of stones & even showed them to me on the screen. I worked in the medical field for 30 yrs & knew I obviously needed a surgeon.) He also dismissed a painful lump in my chest as costochondritis. It took 3 times with me asking him about it before he even looked at it, saying it was just my breastbone. I found out from another Dr. that it is a problem w/ my xiphoid process. I had really liked him until the gallstone issue. It's a shame that patients have to be their own advocates & insist on things being checked out. (What do poor elderly people do??) It hurts to pay a Dr. when I basically diagnosed myself! Speaking of payments, I have received statements for services that I've already paid for, & it takes a while for his billing dept. to straighten things out.

January 7th, 2010
Dr. Atefi is one in a million - truly caring
He is very thorough, listens, is flexible, personable and very in touch with other experts in field globally and locally in Atlanta for any new information or referrals. He has always been a pleasure. I would bring in my own mother to see him with confidence. My very picky spouse has "fired" every other gastro in Atlanta and Dr. Atefi has never even raised my spouses blood pressure once!