Dr. Daynelle Dedmond MD Patient Reviews

• Gynecologic Oncology Newport News, VA

• Good
  • Bad

August 22nd, 2017
Most caring and compassionate Doctor I have ever had.

August 16th, 2015
Ms.
Dr. Dedmond and Her Staff are Wonderful. From the time I walked into the office with my nervous stomach and shaky hands, I was greeted with a calming and gentle receptionist. When my name was called I was taken back by a very gentle hand. I heard a voice that was calming and compassionate. It was exactly what I needed. I was told thoroughly by the nurse what the Doctor was going to be doing during the exam, and she reassured me that she was going to stay with me. Dr. Dedmond walked in, I heard a voice and I was put in a place of tranquility. She was very thorough as far as all of the testing and made sure I understood everything, and if not, she just kept repeating herself until I was comfortable with the answer and all of the questions. Dr. Dedmond is My Angel From Heaven, She Is One Of A Kind.

September 30th, 2013
Was so helpful
Dedmond was so helpful and honest with me about my surgery. I felt so comfortable after talking with her about getting it done. She was recommended to my by two of my other doctors and was very highly talked about. I also had a friend who went to her to have the same surgery I had done. I had little discomfort after my hysterectomy and very little scaring. I would definitely recommend her to a family member or a friend she was excellent and so was her staff with my surgery and the paper work I needed done for being able to take the time off work.

August 20th, 2013
If you value your life Avoid Dr. Daynelle Demond at all costs!!
Most memorable is disrespect for being 1/2 hour late for my surgery. Leaves you high and dry along with your medical records with no notice to find another doctor and conveniently lies and omits details of any finding during surgery. Your better off having cancer than relying on this "doctor" and I use the term "doctor" very loosely. There is no professionalism. You are just a productivity number and she could care less if you get well. She is currently working at Mary Immaculate Hospital in New Port News part of the BonSecour/ Sentara Health System merger. If you value your life and the lives of your loved ones who may be ill with cancer, stay away from both health systems and especially Dr. Dedmond. She's nice to you until after she gets you on her OR table. Doesn't even take the time post op to make sure everything is healing properly or level with you about your condition or findings. That is not health care. It amazes me that she still is allowed to practice anything in the medical field. Regardless of how she treated me and left me worse off than before and as angry as I am, I am not losing my soul over her. I forgive her, but don't trust her. One day when she finds herself on the other side of the health system and she will (Everyone does eventually) I hope she gets a better more caring, compassionate , honest and respectful doctor than she was to me and the many other patients she mistreated.

September 16th, 2012
Wish she was an obstetrician! Excellent doctor!

August 4th, 2012
Dr. Dedmond came extremely well-recommended and I am so glad I found her for my surgery. She is very kind, extremely knowledgeable, and I knew very quickly that I was in great hands. She is superbly skilled at laproscopic procedures and my surgery and recovery were both terrific. Would recommend her to any friend or family member needing gyn or gyn/onco services. Would just note that her staff seemed very disorganized and not particularly professional, I was a bit surprised about this every time I had to contact her office or was seen in the office.

March 14th, 2012
Dr. Dedmond is an excellent, caring and compationate doctor. She is goes above and beyond what most doctors do. She was very helpful in my situation. I would recommend her to any woman.

May 14th, 2010
I was diagnosed with a grapefruit size cyst in my uterus. My gyn dr made an appointment for the next day with Dr Dedmond. I went in the next day to see her and was scheduled for surgery for the following day. I found Dr Dedmond to be a very compassionate and caring doctor. She examined me and we decided to do a complete hysterectomy. She even drew me a picture of exactly what she was going to do during the surgery. I never had one minute of pain or discomfort after my surgery. The biopsy revealed 4 growths of various types in my female organs. None were malignant. I feel very fortunate to have had Dr Dedmond as my dr. When I went to my follow-up visit about 6 weeks later, my daughter had been diagnosed with a cyst on her ovary. Dr Dedmond spent about 10 minutes discussing my daughter's options and reassuring me concerning her upcoming operation. I would definitely recommend Dr Dedmond to anyone needing a gynecological oncologist. She is a wonderful dr.

July 26th, 2017