Dr. Dean Altenhofen MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

October 4th, 2015
Best doc out there
Best c section I have ever had. He is super quick, the nurses sang his praises, because less risk of infection. He is one of those super smart doctors who stays informed!

July 2nd, 2015
Best doctor ever.

January 26th, 2015
patient, kind, delivered both of my kids, the best doctor ever

January 19th, 2015
Dr. Altenhofen delivered my youngest daughter in 1995!!! He was remarkable and is our doctor now for both of us. As long as he is in practice he will be our doctor for our woman health needs. He and his staff go above and beyond which is hard to find in a doctor anymore. We highly recommend!!!

October 17th, 2014
My Favorite OB/GYN
I have been a patient of Dr. Dean Altenhofen since I was 18 years old he delivered both my children which are now 21 and 16. I love his friendly staff. I have never had a bad experience at his office. I have recommended several patients to his office. He is a wonderful and friendly doctor, easy to talk to and a good listener. I will continue to recommend patients to him. I am glad he is my doctor I wouldn't trade him for all the tea in China.

August 27th, 2013
Terrible Staff, Mediocre Doctor.
My appointment was at 9:15am. The night before, I'd written down my medical history so that when I got there, there'd be no mistakes in communication. I got there early (about 9:00) to get paperwork done. I was in the waiting room until 10:15am. Finished my paperwork, and was told that my endocrinologist hadn't faxed my tests and other things that he'd done to this office when according to the front desk person, he'd had a week to do so. Then I was told that they "lost" the paperwork. Then, when I went back to "talk to the nurse and get my vitals" It was more like the nurse YELLING at me, for things that happened in the ER that weren't within my control, and she NEVER took my vitals. Didn't weigh me, didn't take my blood pressure, temperature, nothing. THEN, when I told her that I had written down everything last night, she took it from me, ripped it into pieces and told me "The doctor will have no use for this, so..." Because of that happening, I was already mad and overwhelmed.. I was then sent back out into the waiting room for about ten minutes, and then I was placed in a room. Waited AGAIN for about five minutes before the doc came in, and he talked literally the ENTIRE time. I couldn't get a word in edgewise. He was in the room MAYBE five minutes, total. That whole time he was basically like "Oh well you MIGHT have endometriosis, and you MIGHT have PMDD, so we're just gonna put you on a birth control that stops your period." That was LITERALLY it. No "We'll do this for a certain amount of time and then schedule a follow up." He did absolutely NOTHING.Not only did he make me feel unimportant by not listening to me, but he talked over my SO as well when he tried telling him about certain symptoms I'd been having. Long story short, I paid for a doctor to talk over me and more questions, but no answers. Left that doctors office crying, and I guarantee you that I WILL NOT be going back. CANNOT believe that this was the doctor that delivered me.

March 7th, 2013
Great Doctor!
Dr. Altenhofen is the best OB/GYN in the Pensacola area. He is very kind and respectful to his patients and their families. I have told him that he cannot retire until I'm done having babies. I will not go to anyone else for anything OB/GYN related. If you are needed a great doctor, he is it! And his staff is amazing. They have become, alomst like girl friends to me. They know me on a first name basis. They all, including Dr. A spend time getting to know you and making you feel as comfortable as possible!

September 24th, 2012
I AM VERY HAPPY WITH HIM AND HIS STAFF

June 13th, 2012
Not so much ...
I had gestationaL diabetes during my pregnancy and Dr. Altenhofen kept asking me if I had had a test. I had -but a one hour test that he would have seen if he had looked at the chart. In addition, when I complained of night sweats and the fact that I was broken out, he suggested I bathe more often. (I was, and am, and extremely clean person.) So, no, I do not even remotely recommend this doctor.

February 20th, 2012
THE BEST EVER
Dr. A delivered my 2nd baby. You may have to wait awhile to be seen but you do have to understand he is a very busy Doctor. When I was in the hospital after giving birth, Dr. A came by to check on me every day I was in there. He has wonderful bedside manners and he cares about his patients.

August 16th, 2011
Very friendly.

March 17th, 2010
compassion?
Spent roughly 2 hours in the waiting room with 27 other people... some came in after me but were seen before me. At 1pm I was the only person left in the room and the receptionist put up her "Gone to Lunch back at 2) sign. The nurse came for me, escorted me to a room where the doc whisked in, performed a PAP, an ultrasound and then (without explanation) an endometrial biopsy. My tears of fear (survivor of extensive childhood sexual abuse) went unnoticed. As I left they had me sign the consent for the biopsy - guess in too much of a hurry to explain it before. While I sat sobbing and shaking in my car, the doc peeled out of the parking lot , kicking up gravel behind him as he left for lunch.Thanks... but no thanks