Dr. Dean Cestari MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

September 8th, 2016
All preop appts were good. Each time a different Dr. took readings and each time Dr. Cestari did too--so I knew the readings would be accurate. Surgery went great and recovery id too. He is the best.

November 26th, 2014
Double vision Surgery
My issue was double vision, went through many many tests prior to seeing him. First visit was 4 years ago and I got prisms for my glasses. Jump to 2 years later and the double vision is more frequent & needed a stronger prism. Just last week I had very successful surgery. Yes the wait time can be long in the office but in the end it's worth it. ( and the drive into Boston horrible). Reminder this is a teaching hospital . Dr Cestari has always been very professional and very pleasant to deal with. He called the day after surgery and so did the hospital the next to see how I was doing. He took the time to answer questions and concerns. I would highly recommend him. And let the staff and any doctor know if your not happy about something, wait time, answers etc. I truly believe they are there to help.

May 29th, 2014
Waste of time.
Was referred to him because i was told he was the best in the field to diagnose my acute forth cranial nerve palsy. Waited over two hours to see him. No tests were done and was told secondary to diabetes. He was in the exam room for less than 1 minute. I was referred by my ophthalmologist to see him because he thought it was a good possibility that my double vision was caused by MS. Dr. Cestari was informed of this and dismissed it all together. Asking him questions seemed to make him irritable. Years later and newer symptoms and suffering because other doctors didn't look into MS after that because Dr. Cestari said it was secondary to diabetes. I also waited 3 months to see him. Picture going to your normal eye doctor for double vision and getting told that its very common that cranial nerve 4 palsy is caused by MS and waiting 3 months to see a specialist just to be told that its diabetic related. No other doctor would even suggest MS because of Dr. Cestari's findings. Years later after suffering I was diagnosed with MS. Thanks Dr. for wasting my time and making my quality of life worse. Personally I believe that any good reviews are from his staff.

August 22nd, 2012
Cestari is fantastic
I was extremely pleased with Dr. Cestari and his team. I had surgery for an unusual onset of double vision and I could not be happier with my outcome. Dr. Cestari always took lots of time with me, was pleasant, interested in my problem and was very caring and took my eye problem very seriously. He has a fantastic personality and great sense of humor.

July 30th, 2012
Doesn't live up to the hype
Dr. Cestari was referred to me as an "expert" in treating my problem. After waiting for nearly an hour, I spent most of the visit being examined by arrogant, cocky, and obnoxious fellows and residents. Dr. Cestari then met with me for around 10 minutes. After ignoring most of my questions and reported symptoms, he told me there was nothing wrong with me. Later visits to a more competent physician yielded a proper diagnosis of a problem that had existed since birth that Dr. cestari missed.

June 30th, 2012
Best doctor in boston!
Dr cestari is kind, energetic and knowledeable. He fixedMy problem when countless other doctors said nothingCould be done! He is the best!!!

January 12th, 2012
He is extremely knowledgable and personable.

October 21st, 2010
Fine diagnostician, lovely person
For more than a decade, top eye specialists couldn't correct two eye problems. Dr. Cestari did. I had a dozen questions and Dr. Cestari encouraged me to ask them all. And what a relief to see well and be fully at ease driving. Dr. Cestari is talented, modest, good-humored and kind. Definitely among the best of Boston.

July 10th, 2010
Had a resident attend to me. Seemed to be in a rush and spent roughly 5 minutes visiting me and gave me no explanation to the reason for my problems. I would find a more professional and capable doctor for your medical ills.

December 23rd, 2008
He is very empathetic and courteous with his patients.