Dr. Dean Cione MD, FACS Patient Reviews

• General Surgery Plano, TX

• Good
  • Bad

August 5th, 2017
Very personable and gifted surgeon.
Dr. Cione was very thorough in explaining my options prior to surgery and explained the procedure to both my husband and me the day of my surgery. He said my healing would take up to three months and gave me parameters so I wouldn't injure myself prior while recovering. Seems a trustworthy surgeon.

July 14th, 2017
Do not go to Dr Cione, if you care for your or your loved ones
Anger, pain and guilt is what I have to live with everyday. My gp recommended me Dr Cione for my hernia repair. He advised rather kind of promoted going for laparoscopic hernia repair for inguinal hernia, which was very small and didn't quite bother me much. I trusted the doctor and now I am in so much pain months after surgery. I wish I didn't had that surgery at all or at least went to see other doctors. Please be wise when you go for surgery.

April 27th, 2017
Great doctor!
I would definitely recommend him to my family and friends. He was willing to schedule my surgery at another hospital that he normally doesn't not go to, so the cost would be less for me.

February 22nd, 2017
Horrible physician - push me to have an unnecessary surgery for profit

January 18th, 2017
Highly recommended
Dr. Cione is a very attentive and compassionate doctor. He listens well, and thoroughly explains. He removed part of my colon that was diseased, paying attention to not remove more than necessary that would give me adverse, lasting results. I have nothing but the highest praise for him and his skills.

November 20th, 2016
Patient
Dr. Cione is a wonderful surgeon. He explained the procedure - Gallbladder removal - and what to expect before and after surgery. I experienced a tiny amount of pain and had a fast recovery - was back to work in a few days! Dr. Cione and his staff made a procedure that was scary to me … easy, which I appreciate. I too did not have to take any pain or nausea medicine.

November 1st, 2016
Best Dr ever
I feel blessed to have found Dr. Dean Cione. He has done two surgeries on me now and both times he has made me feel at ease and prayed with my family and me before every surgery. Both times his staff has shown compassion and have taken such good care of me. I had little to no pain with either surgery.

September 22nd, 2016
Excellent Experience
Dr. Cione and his team are very personable, thorough, and a great team of people. I would highly recommend Dr. Cione.

September 15th, 2016
Internal office staff including office management are dishonest and incompetent.

August 23rd, 2016
Dr. Cione and his staff are without a doubt the best I have experienced , I would highly recommend him .

June 30th, 2016
Maitre d'
What a great experience. Who knew you could be treated by top-rated medical folks who have a sense of humor. From the office visits (Amy and Angie in addition to being efficient are a blast) to the procedure at the surgery center Dr. Cione demonstrated patience and professionalism - he really seems to get that people are scared and an upbeat caring attitude goes a long way towards relaxing them. I had a hernia operation and was expecting pain and inconvenience going to the bathroom - after surgery some discomfort but never any pain. By day 2 I didn't even need Tylenol. Overall an impressive experience.

June 27th, 2016
I was quite impressed with Dr. Cione and his staff.