Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon

Excelent Doctor! The best

by Kim Weaver on Jun 23rd, 2016

I love Dr cole

by Jean H Dennis on Jun 14th, 2016

Dr.Cole was the only doctor who correctly diagnosed me. After 6 foot surgeries with this doctor, I was able to once again walk again pain free. Prior to finding Dr. Cole, I was misdiagnosed by many doctors in Jacksonville and was actually referred by a physician to Dr Cole. I traveled from Jacksonville to Orlando for my surgeries and it was well worth it! Over 20 years later, I remain pain free. Dr Cole was/is a wonderful & caring physician. I am thankful each and every day of my life that our lives crossed. Each day when I walk 2-4 miles for exercise I think of Dr Cole and his dedication to his profession!

by Trish Dresser on Mar 21st, 2016

Best. Surgeon. Ever.

by terry on Sep 24th, 2015

Dr Cole could put humpty dumpty back together again. He is that good.

by Marlene Solomon on Sep 10th, 2015

The best Orthopedic surgeon. I fractured my heel and had emergency surgery requiring 7 pins. Since then, I have had no problems with my foot. I have traveled thru israel, Cuba, indonesia, bali, Kokomo Islands, Germany Austria. and India That was 5 Years ago. I still go dancing, and am very active. Thanks to Dr. Dean Cole

Feb 18th, 2015

Best. Surgeon. Ever. I would not be walking if not for him.

Feb 3rd, 2015

Dr. Cole expresses interest in me and concern with my problems. He is thorough, calm, sensible and, above all, an operating genius.

by debra knabe on Jan 24th, 2015

Dr.Cole is my miracle. worker.v.ery. sweet doctor.I had a crushed elbow now. i have so much stengjt.now knee relacement.which Dr.Cole had to fix another doctor whom did damage to me.Dr.Cole hsd did another miracle.

Uncaring and callous show details Uncaring and callous
Nov 24th, 2014

My experience with Dr Cole was not good. He was uncaring and callous towards me. I do not recommend him.

THE BEST DOCTOR OUT THERE! show details THE BEST DOCTOR OUT THERE!
Oct 19th, 2014

Dr. Cole is amazing! He was able to diagnose and treat my son when other doctors could not. I will always be grateful for his care and expertise!

Incredible job show details Incredible job
Dec 19th, 2013

After a really bad car accident, I ended up with a completely broken/shattered femur. Dr. Cole was my surgeon and I didn't even think I would be able to walk correctly again after the accident. The surgery went really well and I was back to a full active life playing sports / running several times a week. I really have to thank Dr. Cole for making this possible. Although he may be direct and may not have all the time in the world to spend with patients, I truly believe he does the right thing for the right reasons. Again, thank you, Dr. Cole!

Unbelieveable Doctor and staff show details Unbelieveable Doctor and staff
by Robert Imbs on Aug 5th, 2013

I have had both of my hips replaced. One hip was dislocated in an automobile accident and again later on. My other hip dislocated 10 times. It was happening almost once a month for six months straight. it meant calling 911 and being transported in extreme pain to the emergency room and anywhere from 5 hours there to overnight to get it put back in. I was afraid to move easily for fear I would dislocate again. Then I saw Dr.Cole. He re-operated on my hip in six months ago. It has been very good since then. Dr. Cole and his staff are so courteous and considerate. He spends the time you need with him and so do they. I to had to wait to see him, but when I did, I found out why the appointment was delayed. He is so kind and caring. I highly recommend him to anyone who needs any orthopedic surgery. It is a FIVE STAR Doctor and office staff in my mind.

GET YOUR HOUSE IN ORDER DR. COLE show details GET YOUR HOUSE IN ORDER DR. COLE
by grossly disappointed on Mar 25th, 2013

I wish I could give him .5 stars as one is to generous. I am scared to death to get surgery, but heard wonderful things about this doctor. However, he and his staff have a complete disregard for your time. Arrived 20 min ahead of schedule. Waited OVER 1.5 hours in the waiting room. Over 1.25 hour in the back room. Was afraid they forgot about me after 1.25 hrs in the back. I asked the staff if this wait time was usual, and they said yes and that it can be worse. They will not call you to tell you he is running behind, they will not tell you when you arrive he is running behind, you just have to sit and guess when you will be seen. When I indicated that I did not understand the prognosis he did nothing, but repeat the same doctor medical jargon in almost a whisper so I could barely hear him. I tried repeating back what I believed the prognosis to be so that I was making sure I understood, and he for a 3rd time repeated back medical terms that I obviously did not understand. I waited to post something because I wanted to make sure I was not letting my anger and frustration with the situation get the best of me. Still hacked that I wasted so much of my time, and that he did not live up to expectations. Total time wasted in his office was over 3 hours.

Repair of collapsed foot show details Repair of collapsed foot
Mar 21st, 2013

Dr Cole is an extremely skilled physician. I was referred by my ortho because the repair was beyond his skill. Dr Cole is kind but direct in his approach. You leave the office fully informed on what can be done. He leaves the choices up to you. I am now walking on a foot that was deformed. I dont understand some of the reviews, never has anyone been anything but courteous and informative. There is a long wait in the waiting room but it is because he spends as much time with you as you need to understand.

shocked show details shocked
Aug 1st, 2012

there is no words to truely describe the treatment or lack there of from DR.Cole or his office his bedside manner was so bad even his P.A. descretely apologised i would image for fear of risking his position

Results of MRI wrong show details Results of MRI wrong
Jul 31st, 2012

A stat MRI was ordered regarding pain and swelling in my knee. I was told by his office clinical assistant their was only arthritis on the MRI I got a copy of my MRI and it showed I had a torn medical meniscus I needed surgery for the repair by a different ortho surgeon

Apr 5th, 2012

my appt was after 5p.m. he was very pleasant, thorough and didn't rush. he put me completely at ease and gave me options rather than a cut and dry "you need..." scenario. i drove 2 hours for this appt. it was worth the trip!

Dr. Cole is wonderful!! show details Dr. Cole is wonderful!!
Jan 24th, 2012

I came to Dr. Cole having been told that I was in danger of losing my leg due to MRSA. He removed my knee and inserted antibiotic spacers and had me treat with an Infectious Disease specialist. This treatment worked and after 2 1/2 years I am finally back to work and resuming life.Dr. Cole is a phenomenal, caring surgeon!! Thanks for everything!!

Beware the Delicate Genius! show details Beware the Delicate Genius!
Jan 12th, 2012

After hearing nothing but amazing things about this doctor I had hope for the first time in a long time. I'm sure he has talent, but a more cold and uncaring doctor I have not yet met. Perhaps my problem was not a big enough challenge for his genius. Perhaps it was just a bad day. In short, I spent two hours in the car, two hours (at least) in a crowded waiting room and another hour in the exam room... only to leave with more questions than I came with, and a lot more pain. Like I said, he may be great. He does, after all, have fancy pictures of all of his inventions on the walls of the waiting room, along with his "doctor of the century" awards. I could be mistaken, but the waiting room music playlist consisted of a repeating cycle of "for he's a jolly good fellow" and "macho, macho man". Okay, maybe not. Just prepare yourself for a looooooong wait to see a doctor for about 20 seconds. Good Luck!

Aug 7th, 2011

to cocky about how great he is

Great Surgeon at difficult fractures show details Great Surgeon at difficult fractures
Feb 2nd, 2011

Highly recommended

Thanx Doc show details Thanx Doc
Oct 28th, 2010

The man saved my leg 15 years ago so I feel the least I can do is give him an excelent rating!

No Limp for Me show details No Limp for Me
Nov 19th, 2009

I was hit as a pedestrian by a drunk driver in 1997. My leg bone went through my pelvic bone and it was in pieces. Dr. Cole performed a 6 hour surgery on me and I healed perfectly. The doctor that took my stitches out (I went home to my parents house for recovery, so I wasn't in Orlando) looked at my injury and told me with an injury like mine, I should expect to walk with a limp. He even looked at my x-ray and asked if he could keep them because he had never seen a repair like Dr. Cole had done. 12 years later, I'm an avid jogger, I have no pain, and obviously no limp. I have three tiny scars that you can barely see. Dr. Cole gave me my life back and I will forever be grateful to him.

A HORRIBLE MONSTER - BEWARE! show details A HORRIBLE MONSTER - BEWARE!
Feb 23rd, 2009

This doctor has severely scarred me and has left me as cripple after 2 failed surgeries. After 1 year of physical and occupational therapy I confronted him about the severity of my situation where he verbally assaulted me with the intention to create an apprehension environment for me. He did not show any compassion for my situation, did not take responsibility for his actions, and proceeded to YELL in my face that I was going to have to live with this life changing injury. DO NOT visit this doctor. DO NOT trust him. BEWARE, he is a MOSNTER!

Feb 6th, 2009

My contortion break was fixed and is still great after 7 years. Severely injured patients in his waiting room spoke very highly of him and how he had helped them.

A Doctor with exceptional skills in diagnosis, treatment and surgery with minimal incisions. A Doctor with great caring. show details A Doctor with exceptional skills in diagnosis, treatment and surgery with minimal incisions. A Doctor with great caring.
by Thomas Boyko on Sep 29th, 2008

Dr. Cole and his associates daily patrol the Orthapedic floor of Florida Hospital and corrects on the spot any activity that is not according to his directions. As the world uses the term "He runs a tight ship" all to the benefit of the patients on whom he performed surgery. He surely is rated four stars