Surgeons
2501 N Orange Ave
Ste 340
Orlando, FL 32804
407-895-8890
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by Kudzu.
 |  THE BEST DOCTOR OUT THERE!  |  show details
Oct 19th, 2014

Dr. Cole is amazing! He was able to diagnose and treat my son when other doctors could not. I will always be grateful for his care and expertise!

|  Incredible job  |  show details
Dec 19th, 2013

After a really bad car accident, I ended up with a completely broken/shattered femur. Dr. Cole was my surgeon and I didn't even think I would be able to walk correctly again after the accident. The surgery went really well and I was back to a full active life playing sports / running several times a week. I really have to thank Dr. Cole for making this possible. Although he may be direct and may not have all the time in the world to spend with patients, I truly believe he does the right thing for the right reasons. Again, thank you, Dr. Cole!

|  He's AWFUL! STAY AWAY FROM DR. DEAN COLE!  |  show details
by Margie on Oct 4th, 2013

My mom was injured badly and airlifted to ORMC to save her life. When she was transferred back (NOT BY MY CHOICE) to FL Hospital on Rollins I asked from a referral from her old orthopedic since he no longer took her insurance. They referred us to Dr. Cole so I asked for him. That was a big mistake! Dr. Cole wouldn't visit her bedside nor would he review x-rays timely. He would not review the reports and write up orders for something as simple as being allowed to sit up in bed. This went on for about a month. One x-ray she had Dr. Cole wouldn't read the x-ray for two weeks and none of his associates would read it because she was HIS patient. During that time, I called the hospital's Risk Management two times to complain, and the primary care doctor called Hospital Administration to ask them to intervene. Nothing worked. He did it at his own sweet time, which was far too long. After that last incident, he finally read the x-rays and said she could walk with a walker! We couldn't even get orders for her to SIT UP and then they jumped right up to walking? Mom was 81 at the time. You can't leave an 81 year old patient laying for weeks on end like that. I watched her get weaker and weaker as time went by and no one could do anything because she was supposed to be Dr. Cole's patient. It's amazing it took only a few months for her to get strong enough to walk with a cane after laying still so long. And you cannot punish a patient for not coming to you first! I tried to get her switched to another doctor that would give her better care, but once you get one doctor, they won't switch you. It's an unwritten rule that needs to be changed. IF YOU ARE RECEIVING SUCH LOUSY CARE, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO CHANGE DOCTORS! AND trust that that new doctor will be able to care for you as she/he should do. It wasn't a choice of mine to move her from ORMC to Florida Hospital. It's all about money. She went to FL Hospital in Altamonte first and then when they determined she needed the trauma center, the air lifted. It is both of the hospitals policy to transfer back to each other when the patient is no longer in that critical need. I wanted to keep her there at ORMC because her doctors had followed her since the beginning. I found out later from a nurse that Dr. Cole had the reputation where if you didn't go to him first, he would not treat you like he should. Just because she came from another hospital and someone else treated her first, his nose gets out of joint and he is a horrible doctor. Remember, it was not our choice to be switched! We could have sued him for negligence, but we are not like that. I do want everyone to know how bad and why it was so bad. He may be an excellent doctor if you went to him first, but I wouldn't bank that he would always be a good doctor to you. Others in his practice are pretty nice. STAY AWAY FROM DR. DEAN COLE!

|  Unbelieveable Doctor and staff  |  show details
by Robert Imbs on Aug 5th, 2013

I have had both of my hips replaced. One hip was dislocated in an automobile accident and again later on. My other hip dislocated 10 times. It was happening almost once a month for six months straight. it meant calling 911 and being transported in extreme pain to the emergency room and anywhere from 5 hours there to overnight to get it put back in. I was afraid to move easily for fear I would dislocate again. Then I saw Dr.Cole. He re-operated on my hip in six months ago. It has been very good since then. Dr. Cole and his staff are so courteous and considerate. He spends the time you need with him and so do they. I to had to wait to see him, but when I did, I found out why the appointment was delayed. He is so kind and caring. I highly recommend him to anyone who needs any orthopedic surgery. It is a FIVE STAR Doctor and office staff in my mind.

|  GET YOUR HOUSE IN ORDER DR. COLE  |  show details
by grossly disappointed on Mar 25th, 2013

I wish I could give him .5 stars as one is to generous. I am scared to death to get surgery, but heard wonderful things about this doctor. However, he and his staff have a complete disregard for your time. Arrived 20 min ahead of schedule. Waited OVER 1.5 hours in the waiting room. Over 1.25 hour in the back room. Was afraid they forgot about me after 1.25 hrs in the back. I asked the staff if this wait time was usual, and they said yes and that it can be worse. They will not call you to tell you he is running behind, they will not tell you when you arrive he is running behind, you just have to sit and guess when you will be seen. When I indicated that I did not understand the prognosis he did nothing, but repeat the same doctor medical jargon in almost a whisper so I could barely hear him. I tried repeating back what I believed the prognosis to be so that I was making sure I understood, and he for a 3rd time repeated back medical terms that I obviously did not understand. I waited to post something because I wanted to make sure I was not letting my anger and frustration with the situation get the best of me. Still hacked that I wasted so much of my time, and that he did not live up to expectations. Total time wasted in his office was over 3 hours.

|  Repair of collapsed foot  |  show details
Mar 21st, 2013

Dr Cole is an extremely skilled physician. I was referred by my ortho because the repair was beyond his skill. Dr Cole is kind but direct in his approach. You leave the office fully informed on what can be done. He leaves the choices up to you. I am now walking on a foot that was deformed. I dont understand some of the reviews, never has anyone been anything but courteous and informative. There is a long wait in the waiting room but it is because he spends as much time with you as you need to understand.

|  shocked  |  show details
Aug 1st, 2012

there is no words to truely describe the treatment or lack there of from DR.Cole or his office his bedside manner was so bad even his P.A. descretely apologised i would image for fear of risking his position

|  Results of MRI wrong  |  show details
Jul 31st, 2012

A stat MRI was ordered regarding pain and swelling in my knee. I was told by his office clinical assistant their was only arthritis on the MRI I got a copy of my MRI and it showed I had a torn medical meniscus I needed surgery for the repair by a different ortho surgeon

Apr 5th, 2012

my appt was after 5p.m. he was very pleasant, thorough and didn't rush. he put me completely at ease and gave me options rather than a cut and dry "you need..." scenario. i drove 2 hours for this appt. it was worth the trip!

|  Dr. Cole is wonderful!!  |  show details
Jan 24th, 2012

I came to Dr. Cole having been told that I was in danger of losing my leg due to MRSA. He removed my knee and inserted antibiotic spacers and had me treat with an Infectious Disease specialist. This treatment worked and after 2 1/2 years I am finally back to work and resuming life.Dr. Cole is a phenomenal, caring surgeon!! Thanks for everything!!

|  Beware the Delicate Genius!  |  show details
Jan 12th, 2012

After hearing nothing but amazing things about this doctor I had hope for the first time in a long time. I'm sure he has talent, but a more cold and uncaring doctor I have not yet met. Perhaps my problem was not a big enough challenge for his genius. Perhaps it was just a bad day. In short, I spent two hours in the car, two hours (at least) in a crowded waiting room and another hour in the exam room... only to leave with more questions than I came with, and a lot more pain. Like I said, he may be great. He does, after all, have fancy pictures of all of his inventions on the walls of the waiting room, along with his "doctor of the century" awards. I could be mistaken, but the waiting room music playlist consisted of a repeating cycle of "for he's a jolly good fellow" and "macho, macho man". Okay, maybe not. Just prepare yourself for a looooooong wait to see a doctor for about 20 seconds. Good Luck!

|  Totally Disappointed  |  show details
Nov 21st, 2011

The surgeon (Cole) did come by for a minute to mark my sons leg, and explained that they may have to do a body cast. I expressed concern over our need to get back to Charlotte NC, our hometown and he said that the necessity of the body cast would depend on the severity of the break. He was not clear in the exact technique he would be using and acted as if he was too busy to explain it to me. After surgery I was addressed by the Dr. Cole and felt that he lacked a general concern over my childs care. He was arrogant and acted as if I was lucky to have him caring for my child. He explained the procedure briefly and left. He spent maybe 45 seconds with me.Ironically, the wires the surgeon inserted into my childs leg began to protrude and my son went back to surgery on two weeks later to have them reinserted.

|  Former Rodeo Cowboy, Now A Nurse  |  show details
Oct 9th, 2011

Dr Cole is amazing, I was sent to him by another orthopaedic surgeon I had a 3rd degree ac seperation in my right shoulder, which was the side i jumped of a horse and caught a my steer at 30mph in the rodeo event steer wrestling was told that i would never compete again with this injury, was informed the only surgeon capable of repairing the injury I had as bad as it was was Dr Cole, he repaired my shoulder in the month of may 1998 and i entered my 1st rodeo in Nov 1998 after the surgery wond second place and continued to compete for 7 more years after the surgery....

Aug 7th, 2011

to cocky about how great he is

|  Outstanding Bilateral Hip Replacements, Right Knee Replacement  |  show details
Jun 16th, 2011

I have severe Rhuematoid arthritis, ,along with Diabetes, and chronic asthma.Thanks to Doctor Cole, I am not in a wheel chair.. My recovery of my hips and right knee joint replacements went very well without a problem. Pain free.Surgery performed in 8/08-11/08, -03/09.Doctor Cole J. Dean is the Ruler to which Suregeons should be Measured.Oscar Perez Jr.God Blees Doctor Cole and his Staff.

|  Great Surgeon at difficult fractures  |  show details
Feb 2nd, 2011

Highly recommended

|  Thanx Doc  |  show details
Oct 28th, 2010

The man saved my leg 15 years ago so I feel the least I can do is give him an excelent rating!

|  No Limp for Me  |  show details
Nov 19th, 2009

I was hit as a pedestrian by a drunk driver in 1997. My leg bone went through my pelvic bone and it was in pieces. Dr. Cole performed a 6 hour surgery on me and I healed perfectly. The doctor that took my stitches out (I went home to my parents house for recovery, so I wasn't in Orlando) looked at my injury and told me with an injury like mine, I should expect to walk with a limp. He even looked at my x-ray and asked if he could keep them because he had never seen a repair like Dr. Cole had done. 12 years later, I'm an avid jogger, I have no pain, and obviously no limp. I have three tiny scars that you can barely see. Dr. Cole gave me my life back and I will forever be grateful to him.

|  A HORRIBLE MONSTER - BEWARE!  |  show details
Feb 23rd, 2009

This doctor has severely scarred me and has left me as cripple after 2 failed surgeries. After 1 year of physical and occupational therapy I confronted him about the severity of my situation where he verbally assaulted me with the intention to create an apprehension environment for me. He did not show any compassion for my situation, did not take responsibility for his actions, and proceeded to YELL in my face that I was going to have to live with this life changing injury. DO NOT visit this doctor. DO NOT trust him. BEWARE, he is a MOSNTER!

Feb 6th, 2009

My contortion break was fixed and is still great after 7 years. Severely injured patients in his waiting room spoke very highly of him and how he had helped them.

|  A Doctor with exceptional skills in diagnosis, treatment and surgery with minimal incisions. A Doctor with great caring.  |  show details
by Thomas Boyko on Sep 29th, 2008

Dr. Cole and his associates daily patrol the Orthapedic floor of Florida Hospital and corrects on the spot any activity that is not according to his directions. As the world uses the term "He runs a tight ship" all to the benefit of the patients on whom he performed surgery. He surely is rated four stars

|  ANKLE FUSION  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Sep 22nd, 2008 on insiderpages.com

My previous surgeon had attempted THREE times to repair a fracture that just did not respond to accepted methods. Dr Cole took this as a cha...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  Wow what a doctor  |  show details
by bpmcguire on Jun 7th, 2008 on kudzu.com

This is by far the best trauma doctor that you will ever come in contact with. If you are broke, he will fix you, and very well I might add.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com