Dr. Dean Collis MD Patient Reviews

2.9

May 16th, 2016
Very thorough. Was referred by my orthopedi doctor for reflex sympathetic dystrophy. Dr. Collis implanted a spinal cord stimulator that relieved the pain in my leg.

January 26th, 2016
Neck pain resolved
I had neck pain and arm numbness and tingling for months. It gradually got worse. Medications barely helped. Physical therapy did not help. I saw a spine surgeon who recommended Dr. Collis to try some epidurals to avoid surgery. The injections worked great. I have just a little bit of stiffness but the main thing is I was able avoid surgery. I could not be happier.

June 7th, 2015
I was having severe pain from a car wreck whiplash injury for three months and Dr. Collis knocked out the pain with trigger point injections. I was off work for three months and have now returned back to work pain free.

March 25th, 2015
Pain Free
I wish I had seen Dr. Dean Collis much sooner. After getting the run around from the insurance company after my work injury, I finally got to see Dr. Collis. He did some epidural injections to treat the pain from a herniated disc, and I was able to return to my job within a week. I am now pain free!

January 8th, 2015
Excellant results
I moved from Cleveland where I was seen at the Cleveland Clinic for my back pain. I have had back surgery before and had been on 3 different medications for my pain which caused all sorts of side effects. Dr. Dean Collis performed 2 epidural injections on me and now all I have to take is occasional Advil for my pain. I was skeptical about transferring my care from the Cleveland Clinic, with its reputation, but have actually done so much better under the care of Dr. Collis

September 12th, 2013
In my case, a worthless waste of time and money.
I saw Dr. D. Collis three weeks in a row for a total of three epidural injections in my C-Spine. The first injection, I thought may have helped, but after a few hours I realized it was just the numbing agent used immediately before the epidural itself. Giving him the benefit of the doubt he scheduled me for two more injections one each for the following two weeks. All he would say after returning for the next epidural was sometimes it takes all three injections before any relief. It's been two months still NO relief. What a waste of time and money. I'm now scheduled for surgery to have my C-spine fused and a piece of titanium installed. Had it not been a necessity to try the epidurals before the surgery (an insurance thing) I could now be healing from the surgery rather than still waiting another month for the scheduled surgery. I'm not saying that Dr. Collis was any of the problem, it's just that when you have severe spinal stenosis at three areas of your C-Spine a steroid and what ever else is in that epidural injection is not going to fix it.

August 21st, 2013
less than avg
I would not choose this physician again. One visit was enough for me. He is rude, takes no time with you. Intimidating is the best word I can think of. I'd like to know if he is board certified but don't know how to find out. After he found out I was disabled and on Medicaid he had no time for me. I would give him no stars if I could.

February 25th, 2013
this doctor sucks

September 20th, 2012
A DOCTOR????????
THIS SO CALLED DOCTOR, DOES NOT LISTEN TO HIS PATIENS AT ALL, HE IS NOT WORTH THE MONEY AND HIS STAFF ARE VERY VERY RUDE, NOT PROFESSIONAL AT ALL, I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND HIS TO A DOG

July 24th, 2012
a doctor that does NOT listen to his patients
first off this doctor is toooo busy to listen to his patients, which is 80% of his problem, for almost two years i have been a patient of this so called doctor, never mind his rude staff, they seem to not care about there patients either, they are soooo rude and have a foul attitude. i have been having pain in my lower back and hips for almost 10 years, so i final wanted to get it taken care of so my doctor referred me to him. its started off with tylenol 3 for my pain, wow!!!!!! i have had 2 mri's sence then, six epidural, that didnt work, i told him they didnt work and his reply was lets do more, there 3,000 dollars down the toilet. i tell him that the so called pain meds arent working either, so he put me on lortab 7.5, they worked, everything was starting too look good, that lasted for about 1 year. my body was starting to get use to it and they were not working as well and his reply was to change it to lortab 5, i tried those for three months, and told him they didnt work at all and refused to put me back on what worked, which was the lortab 7.5 and once again refused, i have 3 herniated dicks and one with a tear in it, wow lortab 5, after been on for lortabs 7.5 for over a year lortab 5's wont even take a head ache away!!!!!!OK look i know the state of kentucky has they worst problem with abusing medication, i know its all over the news,the ones that are really in pain shoul not have to suffer because ther a few bad seeds out there, it not fair. in the course of 2 years. i've had 2 rounds of epidural 3 shoots each round, 1500 dollars around, they didnt work and o told him that, so i have waisted 3,000 so far, 2 mri's at about 3,000 after insurance paid there half, so now i've waisted 9,000, going in to these point less check ups every three month with a 45 dollar copay thats 360 dollars and every month when i call for a refill on med his staff calls back with a up most rude attitude, like im bugging them, thats ther job, dont get an attitude with the patients cause your having a bad day. ok so med refills for 2 years at 7.15 each is almost 200 dollars, in a course of 2 years i have spent 12,560 out of pocket, out of my own pocket, im sure glad i have good insurance, theres no telling how much they have had to pay for all this. in a nut shell, i have waisted 12,560 dollars and he is not managing my pain. isnt that why they call it "pain management", i wait in the lobby for almost 25 minutes, then wait in the room for 30 inutes and he comes in asks a few question, doesnt listen to my answer, i only see him for about 5 minutes then hes off to the next to not listen to them. all i really wanted was for him to listen to me, i know my own body and how it feels, not him but if he would LISTEN,he probably could have managed my pain, i have been trying to tell him this for almost 9 month, 9 months, so 12,560 dollars out of my own pocket later, im still in pain because he didnt listen, I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS DOCTOR AT ALL FOR MANAGING YOUR PAIN. FOR THE SIMPLE FACT THAT DOESN'T LISTEN TO HIS PATIENTS. THATS THE PROBLEM WITH THE WORLD TODAY, NOBODY LISTENS OR CARES ANYMORE FOR THAT MATTER

January 21st, 2012
Cured my neck
I was diagnosed with a herniated disc in my neck. My surgeon sent me to Dr. Collis and he stopped my pain with the epidural steroid shots. I got my life back and didn't need surgery.

July 6th, 2011
The staff in this office are unprofessional and treat you as if you are a burden. They are both inefficient and always seem like they are completely overwhelmed. I was told they didn't have time to schedule the procedure dean ordered because they were too busy and I would have to wait a couple of days. I had more than one experience with his staff that left me feeling like they are not polished professionals. As for dean, he interrupted me constantly and didn't know why my doctor referred me to him. He rushed me through and seemed to have no clue what might be wrong with me. Definitely no empathy. I was extremely disappointed and do not plan to return to his office.