Dr. Dean Conley MD Patient Reviews

3.8
  • 15 reviews

November 2nd, 2015
Happy to find a doctor who cares
I am writing this on behalf of my husband, he saw Dr Conley for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Dr Conley did not baby him. He is obese, Dr Conley said lose weight. He eats the wrong foods, Dr Conley recommended a healthy diet plan and offered to refer him to a dietician. After an EGD and Colonoscopy and for the first time being on the correct medication he is on the mend. I know people always find time to complain but rarely take the time to compliment. I think Dr. Conley is a great doctor.

April 27th, 2015
It's his way or the highway. I literally got a 2ND opinion from one of the top GI's in the country and Dr Conley yelled at him for not insisting I need surgery. Needless to say, I trusted the top GI, who also helped find me a new, local GI for further treatment. I'm one of the lucky ones who was brave enough to get not only a 2nd opinion, but also a better one. That 2nd opinion has helped keep Me and my insides intact and while things aren't perfect, I'm doing much better than I did under the care of Dr Conley. He literally let me bleed for 3 years and acted as though it wasn't a big deal.. how is that not a big deal? Anyway, be careful when choosing your physician and do some research. I would have never chosen him as my Dr., I was referred to his partner and ended up with him.

March 26th, 2015
I saw Dr. Conley and was very impressed with his bedside manner right away. He was not my first gi. I had been through the ringer with another doc and Dr Conley was honest. He said I don't know whats wrong right now but together we will figure it out. Turns out I have Celiacs disease. Thank you Dr Conley for your help.

June 18th, 2014
Arrogant and behind the times
Do not waste your time seeing Dr. Conley. I went to see him as I kept having ongoing diarrhea. He told me I was a bit overweight; I am 5'7" and weighed 136 when I saw him (according to my BMI I am in perfect range). He was arrogant and did not listen to anything I said. His demeanor was creepy at times, like he was leering at me; it was uncomfortable. He scheduled me to do a lactose intolerance test. Problem was, when I returned the following day after drinking the pint of whole milk as I was told to do, the nurses had no idea how to administer the test. They told me the nurse who always did the test just recently quit but they would try to "figure out" how to work the device. Even though they had no clue what they were doing, Dr. Conley declared I was not lactose intolerant and shewed me out the door. I will never see this doctor again nor would I ever recommend anyone to see him.

May 4th, 2014
DON'T GO OR LET A LOVED ONE GO !!!!
Dr. Conley was a rude arrogant inconsiderate and disrespectful so-called G.I. doctor I have kidney problems and I am swelling from fluid builds up he was extremely rude and mean to my mother and I so much that my mother actually cried he told me that my only problem was that I am fat and I need to exercise when I arrived at his office I was in horrible shape the nurse told me to lay down and cover up he came in and told me that he would not speak to me until I set up that I was not critical and then he proceeds to tell me that my main problem is I am taking morphine however I am deathly allergic to morphine as in one dose and I'm dead he told me that he went over my entire medical history had he done so he would have seen I am allergic to morphine the medication he thought was morphine is actually a nausea medication because I have gastroparesis had I had the energy after he told me to work out I would have given him a watch for my mom was pushing me out the door to keep me from going off on him please do not let anyone you love go see this sorry excuse for a human being

November 14th, 2013
Great Doctor
Dr Conley and his staff saved me. When I went to Dr Conley I was very sick. He and his staff took care of me. It was nice that they all were so concerned. Now I am on the mend and I recommend Dr Conley to all my friends.

July 16th, 2013
Love Dr Conley
Dr Conley has been my Dr for many years and he is wonderful at diagnosing problems. He is compationate and caring and the staff is very courteous. I would highly recommend him.

June 6th, 2013
Nice doctor
I had the opportunity to see Dr Conley recently and was very happy with my visit. Not only did he spend time with me discussing my problems but he made sure I understood what he was saying. He didn't try to use big words to intimidate me or make me feel dumb. He wanted to do an endoscopy on me right away and walked right up front with me and made sure I got worked in himself.

May 30th, 2013
Very compassionate
Dr. Conley was one of the only Doctors I saw with recent health problems that actually sat down and spend considerable time with me. He listened to me and reviewed all my records from other doctors. This was the first time a doctor had done that. I will continue my care with him as I feel he is very caring and through.

March 6th, 2013
Made me feel very at ease, acted like he cared about me. Took the time to listen to me and try to understand my crazy medical history. Also talked about a new treatment for stomach problem. I did have to wait to see him but he aploigized saying he had some very complicated patients. I did not mind as he spent alot of time with me.

October 13th, 2012
This doctor apparently has not reviewed new findings in his specialty for twinty years.

January 22nd, 2012
He doesn't really listen to the patient. He will make a diagnose after your first sentence. He will interrupt you as you are talking and doesn't let you finish a question. I've been to him for 20 years and he has changed a lot in that amount of time.Guess I will look for another Dr. as bad as I hate to.