A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Dean Donahue:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Dean Donahue is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Dean Donahue, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Transplantation
- Pneumonectomy (Lung removal)
- Respiratory Failure
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Thymus Cancer
- Thymus Tumor (Thymoma)
Education & Awards
Dr. Donahue graduated from Brown University, Providence. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Donahue has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Newton-Wellesley Hospital
- Caritas St. Elizabeth's Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Donahue accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Tufts Health Plans - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Network Health - 2 plans
- Evercare - 1 plan
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Fallon Community Health Plan (FCHP) - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Dean M. Donahue practice?
Dr. Dean Donahue practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Boston, MA.
Additional practice locations include: Brighton, MA and Salem, MA.
See Boston Cardiothoracic Surgeons.