Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgeon
Video profile

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Do Not Believe The Claims On This Man's Websites show details Do Not Believe The Claims On This Man's Websites
by Guera Verde on Jun 5th, 2015

This "doctor" initially responded to a desperate message I sent him on Facebook. I live 5 hours from any type of surgeon. He asked if I could send him imaging and perhaps he could help me by viewing them without the long drive. I am a disabled woman in my 50's. L1 vertebrae wedge fracture 10 years ago led to two failed back surgeries, chronic intractable pain and 9 years of drugs from a pain management clinic. Sent a recent MRI to his office priority mail with a tracking number. When it was received per the tracking number, I called his office staff who denied any knowledge of this arrangement. Everyone was so busy, or out to lunch, and my MRI CD and letter to the doctor summarily disappeared. I was then told I had to make an appt. of course the soonest I could get in was 6 weeks later. I have gone off all my meds and am in desperate need of a REAL physician who can stabilize my spine, fix my still broken L1, Kyphosis, Schmorl's Node and broken pedicle screw. This man dismissed me. Dismissed my pain. Actually told me pedicle screws were supposed to break. He said he could refer me to other doctors and even tried to refer me to pain management. He was in a big hurry. I am 5 hours from home. In severe pain and once again considering suicide. I believed the huge list of things he claims to be proficient at on his websites. Now I just want to die. Thanks Mr. Dean Smith.

Highly NOT RECOMMNENDED DOCTOR show details Highly NOT RECOMMNENDED DOCTOR
by patient family member on Oct 9th, 2014

My mother has seen him for several years, he rude arrougant, spends very little time examining the patients needs. His office staff is as arrogant as he is. HTE WORST BED SIDE MANNER - NO MANNERS. His focus is on performing surgery sor the money! Do not go see him.

Patient show details Patient
by Kim M. Vargas on Dec 30th, 2013

I had the best experience ever. My surgery went smoothly and I had a great outcome. He spent time explaining things to me and listening to me. The wait in the waiting room at the office is a bit hard when you just had surgery two weeks before. Overall I recommend Dr. Smith highly.

Dec 16th, 2013

Smug , arrogant. Misdiagnosed back problem . I rue the day my husband wet to him for help. Surgery changed his life negatively. Would not recommend . Would not mark even one star , but had to indicate at least one to post.

May 10th, 2011

Excellent physician and surgeon.

I felt like cattle show details I felt like cattle
Apr 22nd, 2011

I was rushed in and then rushed out. I saw him less than 2 minutes and the only time he touched me was when he shook my hand. He billed my insurance more than 300 dollars, so according to my math he brings in 6000 dollars an hour. His assistant said "jesus christ" in front of me like like a swear. I spoke to him in detail about my experience, including how my insurance would be billed twice for the same lab work, on top of me paying out of pocket twice. The hospital, Las Palmas, even backed this up, and he said the hospital doesn't know what they are doing. He could not offer me any guarantee that this double billing would not happen and even compared it to being hit by a bus. "There are no guarantees..." I told him how Valeria witnessed my tears and frustration and he defended her by saying how she was trying to help me. If she was trying to help me some compassion would have been nice, instead she was a robot. Dr. Smith was unfazed by her lack of compassion and still tried to defend her. When I mentioned even his receptionist didn't even respond to me saying "Good Morning" he even blew that off. Personally, how can one trust a doctor so cold and uncaring, and so worried about "turn over" Just my opinion, but it is an honest experience that I would testify to in any court

Poor office management show details Poor office management
by MM on Apr 19th, 2010

To whom it may concern,My mother is a patient of Dr. Smith, her appointment was canceled and the office failed to notify us, causing us to show up for nothing. We later, three months later, had an appointment with the DR. we arrived only to find that Dr. Smith was no longer in his Vista Del Sol Office with Dr. Lincon. The staff at the office was extremely rude and did not help at all. Terrible management by Dr. Smith office, they could not even call to advise they had moved, would not recommend this office.

Great Physician show details Great Physician
Apr 18th, 2009

He is a nice guy and an excellent surgeon. Highly Recommended