Dr. Robert Martz MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Spokane, WA

• Good
  • Bad

July 13th, 2017
Condescending...gives no hope. Do NOT see him!!!
I have had the unfortunate experience of meeting Dr. Martz on 2 different occasions...with my mom for her issues and in the ER and hospital when I had back problems. He was rude to my mom and I when dealing with mom's issues and was totally negative and unhelpful for me. Told me I would be disabled whether I got surgery or not, so he didn't want to operate even though I had totally lost use of my legs. Dr. Gruber came and operated and immediately I was able to ambulate.

January 19th, 2017
Highly Competent Surgeon
Very successful lower spine surgery and fusion 7 years ago. Was impressed by low infection rate and no nonsense approach. Have referred everyone who has inquired.

November 3rd, 2016
WHAT AND AWESOME CARING DOCTOR
I MUST SAY I HAVE NEVER HAD A DOCTOR WITH SUCH HIGH STANDARDS THAT CARED SO MUCH FOR HIS PATIENTS HE IS VERY VERY PROFESSIONAL WITH A BESIDE MANNER THAT HE HIMSELF WOULD EXPECT, WHAT DOCTOR CALLS HIS PATIENT TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE DOING GREAT, HE IS POSITIVE AND IN MY VIEW THE BEST IN THE NATION, HE TELLS YOU AS IT IS THERE IS NOTHING HIDDEN HE EXPLAINS, AND IS WILLING TO LISTEN WHEN YOU HAVE QUESTIONS WANT A PROFESSIONAL LOOK NO FURTHER.. THANK YOU DR MARTZ AND THANK GOD FOR THE GIFT OF YOUR ABILITY TO HELP HEAL..

July 3rd, 2013
read my MRI
DR martz read my MRI and told me my problem was gas, i do not think gas causes horrific pain! I sent my cat scan to laser spine institute they found four abnoralaties bulging disk being one of them, he never did exam nurse was quick to do exam,and was told nothing was wrong except gas i would advise to seek real professional help before going to martz now i am talking to attorney!

June 19th, 2013
Excellent surgeon
Dr. Martz was very thorough and skilled in performing my brain surgery. His staff is also professional and caring and they always follow up with my phone calls. I am so thankful that I had Dr. Martz perform my surgery - I am doing great!! He is quiet but very kind.

March 4th, 2012
ACF Surgery
Recommend highly. The surgery was necessitated by arthritic damage and was one hundred percent successful.

September 11th, 2009
I have had two surgeries by Dr. Martz. Both in the L4-L5 area of my back. I would not have anyone else perform surgery on my back. He is an excellent surgeon and I really don't care if he is not "warm and cuddly" with his patients. That is not a requirement, his skills are the important issue.Thank you

December 23rd, 2008
Acceptable error changes my life for the worse!
I will try and make this comment short and to the point. I was assigned To Doctor Dean Martz after making an appointment with his then practice Neurosurgery and Associates in 1993, currently called (Inland Neurosurgery and Spine, Associates). After visiting the office for a herniated disc at L5 S1 I was scheduled for the common surgery. After the first surgery the disc herniated once more causing another surgery the same year. After the second surgery in Post Op I woke up to 3 nurses holding my head down on the recovery bed. I was told that I had an Epidural Nerve Root Tare and if I lifted my head above my shoulders the released fluids would cause the worse headache of my life. Later I learned that Dr. Martz cut into the Epidural Nerve Root Sack causing fluid to be released into my system and life long disability. My disability caused by his error includes severe nerve damage and every day life long pain. Dr. Martz never did a follow-up on me; if nothing else I would have appreciated a simple sorry, after all he did disable me for life. Since his error I can no longer work to support myself or my family. I am forced to endure lifelong disability and pain. The doctor was fully aware of my problems due to his mistake but I never even received an apology from him personally or by his office. I was told from his staff that the doctors practice considers this an acceptable error This doctor has no accountability. SK

May 22nd, 2017