A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Dean McGaughey:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Dean McGaughey is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. McGaughey
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. McGaughey Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Dean McGaughey, MD is board certified in Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Brain Cancer
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
Education & Awards
Dr. McGaughey graduated from University of Chicago. He has 2 awards.
Dr. McGaughey has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Sentara Obici Hospital
- Bon Secours Maryview Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Dean S McGaughey MD is a male Internist, has 18 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Dean S. McGaughey practice?
- Dr. Dean McGaughey has 1 office location.
Dr. Dean McGaughey practices Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology near Norfolk, VA.
See Norfolk Internists and Norfolk Oncologists.