Dr. Dean Mundhenke MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 6th, 2016
Excellent service, friendly staff and doctors who really care about their patience.
Best staff and doctors within the Independence and Blue Springs area. I've been a patience since his office opened in 1980's.

December 2nd, 2015
Stuck it out for a long time and has proved to be one of the most incompetent doctors I have experienced, the only in fact, and have never even heard of such impersonal, arrogant, and complete disregard for the wellbeing of the patient. Terrible experience and does not listen. Assumes and diagnosis without examining. Dangerous.

April 21st, 2015
Excellent experience
Excellent diagnostician. Often suggests lifestyle changes that could help with ailment. Very good listener. Explains well. Talks to me as if I have a brain.

April 13th, 2015
Dr. Mundhenke is one of the best general medicine doctors I have ever seen.

January 30th, 2012
Dr. Mundhenke is very considerate of his patient's appointment times. He promptly calls me in AT my scheduled appointment time, and wraps things up with me in time to see the his next scheduled patient. If I need more than the average amount of time with him, I know to inform the scheduling desk for my next appointment. He listens, provides knowledgable feedback, and educates me when needed - I think he's great!

May 4th, 2011
One of the Best
Dr. Mundhenke is one of the best doctors. I have been with him over 30 years, excluding his time away. Dr. Mundhenke does not sugar coat anything, and takes the time to listen and ask questions about the family. If he ever decides to retire I am in big trouble.

January 19th, 2011
FANTASTIC
I have been a patient of Dr Mundhenke for 25 years (not including his time with insurance). He is the epitome of excellent care and concern and was one of the only doctors I had ever met that actually listened to me and made eye contact when I spoke. I have referred him to many friends and family and they all love him as well. Never have I been treated rude by the receptionist or anyone else in the office nor have I ever waited longer than 5-10 minutes. I have never felt he has improperly or over zealously prescribed diagnostic labs etc. In addition, I can usually get an appointment by the following day at latest. (Yearly exams may take longer as expected. In all, if you want someone that knows and cares for you as a patient and a person, he is the best.

August 19th, 2010
I love Dr. Mundhenke. He is always prompt and anxious to hear your issues and more importantly wants to do what it takes to help you get better. Negatives are the receptionist is a bit impatient and gruff and he only goes to St. Mary's. I do not like St. Mary's Hospital