Dr. Dean Smith MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

March 30th, 2015
Don't talk too much
My first visit with Dr Smith went something like, "I don't understand why you're here." Obviously, he failed to read up on my daughter's history even though she was seen at the same clinic (Catalpa) but with another provider for when she was diagnosed with ADHD. When I was giving him our background, he cut me short - he didn't need to hear more. He gave us a form to pass along to her teacher and told us to follow up again within two weeks. We weren't able to get in for about a month and a half! On our second visit, he briefly looked over the report and again said, "I honestly don't know why you're here. She seems to be doing fine in school from this report. I don't think you need to be seeing me." WOW! Again, he obviously did not do his homework otherwise he would have known what my concerns were regarding my daughter. He just tossed them aside and concluded that "she's just a child. It's normal to act that way. It's not the end of the world." Those were his exact quotes. One report is enough to show that my kid is just being a kid? So then why did the other doctor diagnosis her with ADHD?????? He shrugged his shoulders and then coldly added, "well if you insist, I can write out a prescription for Adderral to see if that helps." I'm not looking for an easy way out, just some answers but I just cold stares and no sympathy. Both appointments ran extremely short but with long wait times. I will not be going to back to that clinic nor to this provider. He doesn't seem to care one bit about my concerns or daughter.

November 4th, 2013
Dr Smith has been the best Dr. that i have taken my sons too. Dr Smith has changed the life of my childern. My kids are happy and finally doing very well in school. I would refer any parent with chindern with ADHD to him.

September 15th, 2010
Dr. Dean Smith
I met Dr. Smith about 6-8 months ago when I was at St. Elizabeth's Hospital. After talking with Dr. Smith and getting to know him betting with ea ...