Internist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
 |  Be Cautious  |  show details
Feb 23rd, 2014

I have a love hate relationship with most doctors. But, for better or for worse, it takes quite a bit for me to start looking for another one. I think I've reached that point with this one. I've accepted that this doctor is always running late, that the hours are often impossible, and that she doesn't hide the fact that she is truly fee for service. I've accepted that despite stating she is a primary care doctor, she does not ever seem to know what was recommended by a specialist, and always says it's the other doctor's fault (they didn't send XYZ to her). She does not use much technology, so she cannot do what other doctors can do, and find lab results or information when you are in the office. She is not willing to stand up for you as a primary care doctor and help advocate for you. I accepted that she sees a lot of patients, and so doesn't remember things, but recently I was there 3-4 times in 6 weeks, and the test that was dine was one she ordered. She isn't very happy about giving you copies of labs, and if it is a test ordered by another doctor, she will not go over it with you. In the last 6 months she has yelled at me twice, although she later apologized for one of time. The last time she refused to send a test she had done to another provider, telling me I should go to a specialist I see who can do the test because the specialist gets paid more. Then, she BILLED MY INSURANCE for a test she never did. I now have to take additional time off work to go have the test done, pay another copay (this time to a specialist), and untangle the billing issues caused by the test she billed for being done again. I'm looking for a new doctor, and have no doubt that I'll get a bill for at least $100 in order to get my records from her. After all, if you charge $800 for a test you didn't do, copying paper is worth at least .10 per page.

|  teacher  |  show details
by Andrea Wilson on Nov 24th, 2013

I was so lucky to find her as I am new resident of the city. She is well informed and very caring! Her staff is just as wonderful!

Feb 12th, 2013

The doctor would rip off your bank balance. Diagnosis is poor. Each small thing as a bruise on your hand would cost you $250. If you have extra money to throw, use the doctor. Would not recommend even to an enemy. Would have given a zero or negative rating if I could

|  Best Primary Care Physician  |  show details
by Amy on Feb 4th, 2013

Dr derusso was great! She searched and found what was wrong with me and diagnosed my problem! I was feeling horrible for so long and she finally found what was wrong with me. She didn't just hand me a bunch of "feel good" drugs to make me feel better; she was very interested in keeping me off all medications and really finding out what was going on.She diagnosed my illness and I finally feel amazing and on the road to recovery and fully medication-free!

Oct 2nd, 2012

Excellent doctor

|  Best internal medicine doctor in VA  |  show details
Jun 29th, 2012

I have been seeing dr Derusso for about 10 years. Since I am a little older now with several medical conditions, I need a doctor who understands the big picture, ie proactive and comprehensive. She is so smart and caring and I am sure she has saved my life a few times over. My husband also goes to her because of serious health issues. Her office stays very busy but she always spends as much time as needed. She knows the best doctors for referrals also and has extensive knowledge on about every medical condition there is. Highly recommend her to everyone.

|  Best In Practice  |  show details
May 10th, 2012

Dr. DeRusso is a very sharp and intelligent practitioner who is very persistent in getting a hard-to-find diagnosis. She is very capable, and exceeds the expectations. The wait in her office, however, can be gruesome. But, it helps to keep in mind that she takes the time with each and every one of her patients to get to the bottom of some very difficult problems. The biggest problem that I've seen with the practice is that she is only one doctor in the office and when the office is closed, there is no backup doctor to contact for help or questions. While that is a major problem in my mind, it still helps to know that once you are actually able to reach her for a problem that she has the competence and ability to handle the issues at hand.

|  Leesburg Doctor I Trust  |  show details
Sep 15th, 2011

Dr DeRusso is a doctor I can truly trust to find the answer to any problem that I or my family has. Even though she doesn't take my insurance, the confidence I have in knowing my medical issue will be taken care of is worth going out of network to see her... she is so thorough! Dr DeRusso is very insightful and very honest which I appreciate. Judy L.

|  Best Doctor in Leesburg Va  |  show details
Jun 29th, 2011

Excellent doctor! We love her.

|  Best Doctor in Leesburg va  |  show details
Jun 19th, 2011

I found Dr. DeRusso to be very thorough with my very complicated medical history. I found she spent ample time with me in order to get to the root cause of my problem. She was very patient and caring and I know even though there were times she was running behind for my appointment; I known that when it was my time with her, she took the time necessary to help me. Thanks so much Dr. D! Mike and Janet

|  Extremely Rude  |  show details
Jan 22nd, 2011

Dr. Derusso is one of the most unprofessional medical people I have ever encountered. She is defensive and quick to judge. I would not recommend her.

Nov 20th, 2010

Simply the BEST. I have been going to her for 10 years. She gets to know you as a patient and a person. I have recommended her to many friends.Just wish she took my insurance, but she is worth paying and submitting the claim myself.

|  Quite Good, but Room For Improvement  |  show details
Sep 25th, 2010

I've been seeing Dr. DeRusso for about 4 years. When I've been sick, she's been on the ball and takes care of the issues promptly. She is one of the better primary care physicians I've had (and since I moved frequently, I've had quite a few!). My biggest issue is that she seems rushed and doesn't always seem to be listening to what I say. There have been multiple times that I've asked about something that wasn't followed up. I want to understand what is being suggested, and sometimes when I ask a question, she interprets that as arguing. In one instance, the combination of the above two problems led to a medication decision that took months to resolve. I felt awful for 6 months before I finally stopped taking the medication myself. Since that point, Dr. DeRusso has been more careful about medications with me, but I'm still nervous whenever she suggests a new medication.

May 7th, 2010

I loved Dr. DeRusso. She was my primary care physican the 2 years I live in VA. She's very thorough, caring and profession. She's absolutely the Best!!!

by NOVA on Nov 13th, 2009

It is a shame that you have to make an appointment and pay more money to get to talk to her about results, my other specialists call me personally to discuss my results. Also, the whole out of network thing puts the burden on the patient financially since the insureance company reimburses at the network negoitated rate so the patient is really out of pocket for the portion the insurance provider does not cover after the out of network deductible is met. I plan on going back to an in-netowrk provider.

|  Dr. D is best Primary Care or any doctor for that matter  |  show details
by Sandy on May 31st, 2009

She's the only doctor I've ever recommended to others. Trust me, she knows what she's doing and best of all cares!! Can't say enough good things about her.

|  None Better  |  show details
by jman on Apr 3rd, 2009

She saved my life. She spotted something that 2 others apparently missed. Yep, cancer. Saved my life. Since then I'm much better educated. She cares and that makes a huge difference but she is amazing good at diagnosing as well

Jun 6th, 2007 on yahoo.com

Very thorough Primary Care Doc: It doesn't hurt that she's darn nice looking too .....Ahh, ok, she's been my Primary Care physician for 6 years. Very thorough and completely 'with you' during your appointments. She's always spent all the time needed duri

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
Oct 3rd, 2006 on yahoo.com

Best Doctor Ever: Don't let Deanna's small town atmosphere fool you. Deanna is known for being very thorough. She will catch issues early that other doctors might miss all together. She is also a very caring person.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com