inactive

Deanna L Dickens MD Patient Reviews

3.2

November 6th, 2015
Helpful as could be.
Always easy to talk to,wants to know every detail of how things are going,never forgets to get a time for my annual visits,and gives me good ideas on how to improve my life with the epilepsy I have.

June 5th, 2013
Excellent Diagnostic
The entire office and all the doctors have some compassion, and little bedside manner, THEY DO DIAGNOSIS QUICKLY AND ACCURATLY BUT when it comes to complications they do not listen or even help they refer you to your primary doctor even if it is the medication that is causing an issue, My advice, have a VERY GOODl PRIMARY DOCTOR on your side, or you may end up in trouble. They do not treat or have interest in treating the Whole Patient, but do an EXCELLENT JOB in their area with DIAGNOSING AND TREATING with meds and VNS if needed. Your primary doctor has to do all the testing, labs and further diagnosis to find out why the patient is having an issue which causes loss of time for finding out answers to what is causing the issue. Then your primary has to fax them the results to get answers on how to treat the issue and that takes time since they DO NOT get back to your primary right away. I love that now my son has a real diagnosis of Epilepsy, what type of seizures and now a VNS combined with medication. I wish they would listen more carefully to what our concerns are and not jump to conclusions that you are over reacting that there is a real problem that needs to be dealt with immediately. After you tell them about the labs that were done they still do not come up with a plan to figure out if is the medication side effect or another underlying condition they just refer you to the primary doctor. I am very LUCKY to have an EXCELLENT PRIMARY DOCTOR who listens to our concerns , awesome bedside manner and will search all avenues to find out what is causing the problem and will do all the testing, labs and whatever needs to be done to find out if it is the medication or an underlying condition. THEY NEED TO HAVE A BETTER COMMUNICATION CHANNEL WITH THE PRIMARY DOCTOR WHO HAS KNOWN US FOR OVER 14 YEARS. I give this doctor 2 stars because they only deal with seizures not the patient and concerns if they took a better interest in the WHOLE PATIENT then I would give them 5 stars!!

May 8th, 2012
Compassion
One of the most compassionate doctors I have ever encountered. Would suggest her to anyone.

September 30th, 2011
Dr. Dickens
Dr. Dickens is a fantastic doctor. My son had seizures since he was 3 years old. He never really was controlled by his medicine. He would always have a break through. Finally we were referred to Dr. Dickens when my son was 17 years old and she got him under control. I am very thankful we got to see a good doctor. Thank you Dr. Dickens.

July 20th, 2011
YesBut
The entire office and all the doctors have zero compassion, and zero bedside manner, HOWEVER, they do diagnose correctly and know their stuff. BUT they are so hands off when it comes to complications, you are really on your own. My advice, have a VERY GOOD general practicioner on your side, or you may end up in trouble. These folks do not treat or have interest in treating the Whole Patient, but do a good job in their area with diagnosing and treating. They'd get 4 stars if they were just nice.

May 27th, 2011
Not sastified
Ihave had to wait over 40 minutes more than once fo an appointment. It takes nearly a year to even get an appointment. And if you have a question about your care, forget it. It takes at least 2 weeks to get a callback from her nurse.I would not reccomend her to anyone.